Health and Happiness

Best Kept Secret

Chaeyoung turns to her favorite unnie. Together, they rid the pearls on each other’s faces. Mina looks over the Jjakkungs also doing the same. She smiles.

“A, wae?” Chaeng is curious of the other’s amusement. “Did Jeongyeon-ie put something else on me?”

“No”, giggles. “Just happy for those two.”

Mina has witnessed the partners’ relationship unfold. And along with the team’s contagious fighting spirit, she too was able to give encouragement for the two.

With palm open asking the rest of the pearls from Chaeng, Mina says “Glad that Sana waited until Jihyo could take responsibility.”

“Took a while. Though difficult, seems everything was necessary to lead them here.” Chaeng is done collecting. She hands these to Mina and adds “These days, she worries less of what people think.

Like, even when some fans are celebrating her anniversary with the guy.”

Dispatch only indicated ‘early 2019’ as the start of dating. Fans can only make guesses. Thus, there has been Twitter greetings since January.

Later in the hotel room, Jihyo is scrolling through and sees these. Sana who just finished drying hair, hops in bed. The Japanese asks, “Watching on Youtube?”

The leader retorts, “Reading. On Twitter. Stuff on my name.”

She then speaks comically, “Jihyo Daniel Happy Anniversary Stay Strong blah blah blah… This would go on ‘til March, I guess?” tosses the phone.

“Mmm~ It’s a great time to get in trouble”, Sana chuckles. To ease her partner, she starts massaging Jihyo’s arms; adding some nibbles on neck and shoulder gradually travelling somewhere else. “So, when?”

Whenever the leader is fed up of being linked to the reported boyfriend, Sana is more than willing to show off with Jihyo and emphasize their relationship.

With the Japanese’s caresses, however, the leader couldn’t think and ends up at the corner of the bed replying “Wait- Chamkaman, chamkaman…”

Sana lowers voice expressing impatience, “You went here. You’re in MY bed. Am I misunderstanding?”

“Can we just- Watch something first? Something calm and gentle.” Panicking, Jihyo swiftly grabs device. She’s suggesting, “This one! I-it’s a good movie. I’ve also recommended it to Once.”

She opens a folder, a Kim Taeri collection. Sana comments, “Handmaiden? Do you want to be the agassi?”

The Japanese continue where she left of, with fingers roaming where the handmaiden served the agassi. Jihyo gulps and catches the wandering hand, bringing it back to where she can see it. To a calm level, around her tummy.

“No~ It’s Little Forest.”

At the height of her anxiety, this soothing movie must have taken Jihyo into a place where she can free her mind and just be. Without the hurtful noises and live serenely. Jihyo must be taking inspiration.

It isn’t as y as the other Kim Taeri movie. But the kind of life portrayed in it has awakened a familiarity in Sana’s mind. It’s likened to the life she had as a child. And so, she pays attention.

Back in Seoul, a groggy Sana comes up for breakfast. To perk up, Jihyo offers her red ginseng tea. The Japanese takes a sip and felt the soil taste kicking. She expresses, “Thanks for the food. But why this?”

“It’s good for the body.” Jihyo then whisper something to her ear.

Jeongyeon arrives at the table too and notices the tea. She pats Sana’s back, “Oh~ Fighting Sana-yah. If you need more, I’ll buy you packs.”

Sana scratches head, “Yeah I think I do.”

After that calm and gentle movie night, Jihyo behaves in a possessive streak. She can’t get enough of Sana’s touches. Good thing, the Jjakkungs have a varying schedule allowing Sana to recharge.

For today, 20th day of February, she’s with Dahyun. The sky has turned orange when they finished work. While in the van going home, they turn the Vlive on.

“Once, I want to change my hair”, Sana says.

“To what?”

“I’m not sure. I want to change it. I want to make it bright again.”

“Brighter? Your hair will be in bad condition. I’m not the person to tell you that but…” Dahyun tells her though her hair situation is similar. They laugh.

Sana then randomly shares what she likes. “Is it fried cream shrimp? I haven’t eaten, now I’m craving.” It must have been long since the last time.

When suddenly, she says “I used to want Dahyun a lot.”

“You wanted me?”

“In the past.”

They start chuckling, Dahyun asks “What about now?”

“It’s time for me to change. Saida, now change to cola.”

Dahyun knows Sana isn’t only pertaining to fizzy drinks. Like Mina, she has also witnessed the progress of two people preferring cola merge into a true partnership. Sana’s now is Jihyo.

As the van moves, they pass by several restaurants. It’s stirring more cravings to Sana. Well, the red ginseng must be demanding her body to take in more food energy.

She says, “Why do I eat so much? I must be crazy these days.”

The conversation suddenly turned philosophical. Sana asks “If you can go back, do you want to go back?”

“Do you want to?”

“No. It doesn’t matter but if I go back, I would lose what I’ve learned. I don’t want to lose experience. It may be good to go back 3 years but… Anyway, that’s my thought.”

Experiences harbor self-awareness. Somehow, it also upgrades life’s compass. Sana has become aware, more certain of her preferences. And so, is now keen to drive life in a direction that has more of those.

“Do you have recent pics of Ari?” They are now talking about Dahyun’s dog.

“When I touch Ari, it feels so soft. It feels like this”, Sana massages Dahyun’s arm. She adds, “It’s similar to Dahyun.”

With the preferential changes that happened, this sensation has become unfamiliar to Sana. She asks “You lost weight, right?”

“I’m same”, Dahyun says.

Of course, it is Jihyo whom Sana likes and touches now. She realizes and says, “I guess I didn’t touch your body recently.” They laugh.

The following days, Twice is in Japan again. Shizuoka is blessed with the red ginseng-powered Jjakkungs. Mina is looking at those two. Jihyo is vibing to Stay By My Side enjoying herself that she missed some lines. Mina chuckles.

And when Sana sings hers, she looks at Jihyo:

[Perhaps you are feeling the same way

I wish you do]

Jihyo caresses Sana and cups her face. Before the Japanese can finish the line, the leader tilts head and leads a kiss. It must be automatic that Sana tilts too, as if to receive her partner’s lips as usual.

Sana closes eyes. Ever so ready to get in trouble with her partner for whichever way the world would react to such gesture. Jihyo, however, stops an inch distance.

Jihyo smirks. She takes her hand and together, they swing along. The kiss was a moment of indecision on the leader’s part. The urge was so strong. Yet, what’s the rush anyway when there’s plenty of time after?

In the hotel room, a more proper setting, Jihyo doesn’t hold back. And she can see that Sana’s body has improved. Seems all that tea she brewed wouldn’t fail her.

They weren’t kidding when they aim for health AND happiness in 2020. Jihyo has taken care of their health. Now onto happiness, she smirks and says “Ready for another round?”