Her Sanity

Best Kept Secret

The two Japanese arrives at the dorm completing the synergy of nine. Like magnets, Mina and Chaeyoung are beside each other.

When Dahyun passes by, Chaeng holds on to Mina to prevent her coming in between them again as what Dubu did in the first Twicelights Japan OT9.

“Don’t worry Chaengie. We don’t have to sit by age here”, Dahyun presents her a fist bump to which Chaeng returns. She settles to other side of Chaeng instead.

The artsy maknae refocuses on her favorite unnie. Mina is teaching Chaeyoung how to knit. She’s a big fan of the unnie’s work, such as the hat given last winter. Timely since it’s the cold season again.

Meanwhile, the partners are configuring the iPhone gifted by IU when Twice guested on her concert last year. It’s only now that Sana opens it to replace her broken phone.

In the midst, Jihyo is curious if Sana has figured what she wants to ask of her yet. So, she reminds her “Would you like to do anything? I mean, not for the show. For you.”

Jihyo’s alarm rings. It signals her to care for her reddish left eye. She’s been enduring it for days now. Sana thinks out loud while helping her partner put an eye drop, “Look up… Well you’ve got a cat and recently gone blonde. I have nothing new to ask yet.”

“Uh, those are my wants.” Jihyo blinks letting her eye absorb the liquid.

“Which are diligently reminded by yours truly”, Sana points to herself. She is proud of nudging her partner to her dreams. Even if it took to confront her in the last Idol Room promotion.

In the nitpicking segment, the partners eventually had to faceoff. Jihyo told her, “Blonde doesn’t suit you.” Wherein the Japanese retracted with, “You said you wanted to go blonde but why didn’t you? You coward!”

She indeed affects Jihyo in a way that’s empowering, making her do things. Sana adds, “Okay how ‘bout to rid of those bangs once and for all.”

Jihyo gets silent. It is after all, her mechanism against the mental havoc brought about the dating issue. She wears it whenever the insecurity from judgements creep in and that she would like to hide. She has little left to defend herself since she has already dropped her arms in fighting upfront.

“Your peace. Your happiness- That’s what I want”, Sana notices that Jihyo still wears the bangs sometimes. Indicating that she’s still suffering. Sana says this as if reminding the leader of her original bright self. Cause what she’s seeing on her is a dark cloud.

Jihyo suddenly moves in and kisses her, “This- this is my happiness.”

She looks back on her relationship with Sana and realizes, they’ve come a long way. Back then, Jihyo couldn’t help but make an exception when it comes to Sana. There’s something she couldn’t put her finger on.

The only times she could confront her embarrassed feelings was when boosted with alcohol. With this, she could also excuse herself of unconsciousness.

“You’re not going to do it? I’m gonna cry!” As what Jihyo had been drunk blabbing about and Sana about it the morning after.

Those were the days when things were light and fun.

“I’ll ask affections as a sober from now on”, Jihyo gets up. Her hand caresses Sana’s crown and says before heading to bed, “I’m giving you what you want.”

As her partner walks farther, Sana mutters “Sober from alcohol.” Jeongyeon who’s nearby getting the organic food gifts for Momo tells Sana, “That too isn’t helping, is it?”

“It seems”, Sana sighs.

Jihyo is sober only from alcohol. That’s the most she could do for now. She sits on her bedside drawing out from a box and gets some. She’s taking meds. As doctor prescribed to ease her from depression and anxiety.

I thought ceasing the rebellion would lead to peace. I couldn’t hide it, can I? The fact that I’m still- scared and suffering.

13th of November. The girls seem to lack sleep but had to get up for the day’s schedule.

Nayeon pushes herself without caring any longer how she looks, as long as she makes it. Momo who admires her unnie’s resolve wants to remember this moment. She takes a photo just when still sleepy Nayeon comes out of the front gate.

The unnie is still in her pajamas with newborn kitten eyes behind scruffy hair covering her face. Momo posts this in Twicetagram. Later on, she also shares the birthday gifts she received.

Momo asks Jihyo, “Will this deter the stalker from liking Nayeon-ie more?”

“Err, what do you think?”

“Kyeowo~”

There is awkward silence. Jihyo just stares and blinks at Momo. In which, the latter gets her answer. Jihyo states, “Honestly this is beyond me. No other directives yet. Could we do this later?” She walks ahead before they could annoy each other again.

Momo had convened with Jihyo. But the leader could only inform the managers. Momo sighs, “Why is unnie pretty even when unkempt?”

First thing in the morning, the girls are scheduled for dress and costume fitting for December events. Jeongyeon initiates a talk with Jihyo by suddenly appearing to her face, “It’s still reddish. Stop the mobile games already.”

“You know it’s not from the games.”

“That’s what Once think.”

Jihyo pans to the mirror checking the fit, she keeps the conversation “Tell me what else people think?”

“Regardless. Regardless of what people think. You’ve let go. You’re unbothered. Aren’t you supposed to be living well now?”

“Thought I could live with half the truth and just ride on half the lie. But what people think really bothers me. What do they think upon reading that I drive to the guy’s house?” Jihyo does her best to hold tears, “Sorry.”

Jeongyeon pats her best friend trying to appease her, “Remember what Chaeng said, we’re always here.” Jihyo nods.

She continues, “I get it that you don’t wanna fight actively anymore. But just so you know, I find rebel Jihyo the healthiest. Talk it out, open up. Not for the rebellion but for you- To live your whole truth.”

It’s almost 9 in the evening when the girls got back. Jihyo feels like using the Vlive chat and talk to Once. As it’s without camera, she becomes more comfortable in communicating.

[This is fun. I will come here often. I’m thinking of doing league of legends so find me.]

[And the thing I wanted to tell was that my eyes are not because of the game. I got eye inflammation and other infection. Thats why.]

Seems anything new to Jihyo becomes topic. Her red eye has been seen before flying for Twicelights Osaka. For the sake of truth, Jihyo patiently explains. As for things she likes, she’s more than willing to spill.

[Sana phone finally succeeded. And I change my exercise. I’ve tried flying yoga yesterday. And what I did today, I practiced choreography for MAMA! And I didn’t dye my hair for a comeback. It was my wish.]

[I’m trying to grow my hair. Wait for 3 years if you want to see. Why whats up with 3 years? Don’t you guys remember what Sana said in the fanmeet? We will be around for long]

[I told that it would be good, a good idea to do Taxi cover and tell Once not to request anymore. Sana I’m waiting for it too <3]

[ah Once wait for me 5 minutes.]

[I came back. My parents came to give winter blanket. I went home the day before yesterday and talked a lot. I go home often!!]

“What do you think of me?! Dispatch is wrong! Told you to look at me, look at us!” Jihyo feels the need to reiterate her truth typing in HER actual behavior by HERSELF.

Unfortunately, her own words wouldn’t amount to anything compared to the companies where big people allow and confirm the untrue. She can only rely to the people who know her well.

[I did say humans are the scariest. But oppositely, if you meet the ones that can be good friends then it will be another way to get happiness.]

[I watched alone Frozen in my bed. I cried a lot. I don’t know why I have so much tears. And last time with members, that movie Exit. It was really funny. We should watch movies together so that we laugh together. I think I laugh a lot thanks to our members.]

[Once, if we’re doing a reality show, what do you want us to do? I really want to do things like going to houses in the countryside. I want to live one month in these places.]

[it feels like we are really texting with these typos :p what time do you wake up? It’s around 6 am for me. I should go take a shower before 11pm. It’s my habit to wash when I come home]

Going above and beyond to share too much info. Jihyo is willing to bare her most natural self. She’s not expecting to be understood. She puts it out there for the sake of her sanity.

[Anyway. The reason why I came here all of a sudden is because today’s weather is cold. It rained and everyone must have been tired. Let’s fill our life with all the good things without concerning bad things. Our Once and Twice, let’s cheer up!]

She bids goodbye that seemed a projection of her own cold pain. And that she’s trying to cheer herself up and be filled with the good as she’s currently overwhelmed by the bad.