Phone Calls

Best Kept Secret

March 24th—today is special. It’s Mina’s birthday and she’s celebrating through a solo Vlive. It’s been a long time. Mina can’t even remember the last. Regardless, it’s an opportunity to talk to Once. She reads some comments out loud.

“Please call the members” Of all the comments, she chooses this. For all she knows, people are testing Twice. Fishing for information of whether the girls are busy dating to even pick up the phone.

Somehow, it felt like a dare to her. And Mina is always up for the challenge. The challenge of catching Twice girls’ availability. Softly she says, “Should I try? Who should I call? I’m not sure if they’ll answer though.”

Nonetheless, Mina dials a number. “She’s not answering…” It’s taking a few rings but, “Oh! She picked up but I turned it off. She picked up but I ended the call and now we’re both calling each other.”

And when she gets through the line, she greets “Moshi moshi? I’m on Vlive right now. And they wanted me to call someone… I’ll turn on the speaker.”

Mina smiles as she gives way introducing this available Twice member. The one who answers is…

“MOMO imnida!”

It must be in Mina’s standards that she deemed Momo took long to answer. The latter reveals, it’s because she’s been going through MiMo photo collection to post for later. Momo is preparing quality Instagram greeting for Mina.

Mina acknowledges this and moves on to other Vlive comments. With Momo still on the line, Mina reads aloud “Did Momo give you a kiss?” With a hand on waist she answers, “No.”

THEY laugh. As in Mina, Momo, and another who has a high-pitched laugh heard on Momo’s side.

Unfortunately, since the Corona Virus is on the rise, it’s only sensible to skip the kiss tradition on Mina’s day. She would just get it later on.

To make a hopeful remark, Mina makes reference of affording Momo’s expensive kisses. And that she has to first save more bank roll before she could get it.

The call isn’t kept for long. Momo wouldn’t take more of the celebrant’s time with Once. They hang up.

Interestingly though, the audience of the broadcast seem to have a different agenda. “The comments…” Mina is noticing a lot of these, “They’re making me want to call someone. Shall I call someone?”

So… This is what it feels like when people have false thoughts on.

Mina wasn’t able to participate in the rebellion. Yet, she’s now facing it upfront. The comments are moving her into sending the message.

So, she dials another. This time, the answer is rather quick “Yeoboseyo? I’m on Vlive. Can I turn on the speaker?”

Mina then cues her to speak up, “Who is this?”

“Annyeonghaseyo~ Jihyo imnida~ What’s up?”

“Fans asked if I could call someone. So, I called Momo earlier and we talked.”

“I see. What were you doing? What were you talking about?”

“We didn’t say much”, chuckles. “Told fans I’m doing Minecraft and Animal Crossing.”

“We have to show them pictures of Animal Crossing!” Jihyo is again sharing her whereabouts and that she’s nowhere else other than with Twice. Mina is solidifying her alibi.

“Oh, we took a lot of pictures when we’re playing yesterday. They’re so cute.”

“Yes~ I have to also show them the house I built on Minecraft. Let’s take pictures and show them later.”

“Yes, let’s do that. We were talking about that and hair.”

“What did they say?”

“Hmm~ They said it suits me well”, laughs. “I’m not sure. Gwaenchanayo?”

Mina and Jihyo have exhausted their laughs. The celebrant has felt fulfilled, finally contributing to the rebellion even if it took only now.

Well, it’s never late. As long as the public looks and believes anywhere other than Twice themselves, the girls will have to keep emphasizing their truth.

“Well, then. I just called.”

“Alright, Happy Birthday Minaring!”

“Komawoyo~ Bye bye!”

“See you later!” Jihyo hangs up.

“They must have all been prepared”, chuckles then sudden stop. Mina places palm under chin and adds, “They answer right away.”

To be precise, it’s Jihyo who picked up right away. It’s as if she has blocked her own sched just anticipating for Mina’s calls. The leader’s ability is amazing. Not because she’s godly; she’s just human. But what makes things possible for GodJihyo, as what the girls have been saying and doing, is TEAMWORK.

Mina tries another call as the comment section is flocked with such request. She dials the number but it can’t get through. She says, “I tried Sana but she’s on a phone call. Maybe later.”

She wasn’t able to get back to her as she ends the broadcast 5 minutes later.

Back when Mina was calling the first member of her choosing, Momo was busy scrolling through several devices for Mina’s pictures. That high-pitched voice had to rummage through Momo’s table.

She found the phone and passed it to the owner, “Yah! Momo-yah, Mitang is calling!”

“Thank you, Sana-yah~ O! She turned it off.” Momo then tried to call Mina back.

Sana shook head. She went back to her own phone call, “Jihyo-yah mianda. Momo is muddled. I even had to help getting her phone.”

“Yup, it’s okay. I’m also preparing the greeting for Mina.” Sooner, Jihyo suddenly found herself listening to Sana bursting into laughter. She asked, “Ah wae? Wae? What happened to Momo?”

“No, it’s Mitang being sassy to Momorin about not getting her kiss yet”, chuckles. “By the way, people asked Mina to call members. There could be many of THAT comments for her to notice it.”

“Ah well. No problem. Mina can call us anytime.”

“Not when we’re talking to each other, Jihyo-yah. And you know how it is, people will think your line is busy for that guy.”

“Ehh~ Why do you sound like we have to hang up now?”

“So that you could answer Mina’s call faster than Momo.”

Jihyo didn’t want to hang up, “What else do people want? I already told them something is untrue. We’ve been showing them how we are. Can they just take it or leave it? Bogoshipdago~ Let’s talk more.”

“Uhuh~ Unfortunately, this would go on until people believe in the companies’ words than ours. And are you gonna be okay with people thinking wrongly of you again?”

Sana then suggested, “Well we can talk AFTER you talk with Mitang. For now, let’s hang up. Momo has finished taking her call.”

Jihyo took her partner’s suggestion. Anyway, it would only take a few minutes away from Sana. The leader laid the phone down, intently waiting for it to ring and be able to answer Mina faster than Momo. And so, she did.

Jihyo then went back into calling Sana and happily told of her success. Sana complimented her, “O~ My Jjakkung is amazing!”

“Yeah yeah, anything for you… So, can we not hang up until you really REALLY have to go?”

“Lucky for you. That would be until the evening.”

Sana and Jihyo talked until the Japanese had to go with Momo and Mina for a J-line date. The trinity preserved this precious memory by photoboothing and later shared them to Twicetagram.