Collaboration

Best Kept Secret

Nayeon pulled Jihyo for a conversation when she and Dahyun got back from Knowing Brothers guesting.

What a bad idea. Am I not enough casualty? And what will people say after it’s denied just months ago?!”, the leader expressed apprehension.

Under her breath, she added “We’re really looking like clowns now.

I KNOW! Ugh, the worst idea in case of worst scenario!!” The unnie lamented, “We haven’t even recovered from what’s given to you yet. When will the higher ups come up with a better plan?

So far, there have only been similar methods. Thus, similar results.

And with the stalker desperately tracking the girls especially Nayeon, JYPE are bound to make desperate measures to fulfill its promise in keeping artists safe. Whatever it takes.

“Yes, I’m okay now… Thank you. About that, we- still have to discuss among ourselves. Please give us the reigns”, Jihyo just got off the phone call with the manager.

While Sana soothes Jihyo’s foot, the discussion between the unnie and the leader back then is opened to the rest of the girls.

“…The higher ups are asking us to brace ourselves once again. IF worse comes to worst, they’re suggesting to uproot and confirm Momo’s dating news this time.”

“Eh?” Momo is confused. But somehow thankful as she mutters, “At least it’s not Nayeon-ie who’s gonna be paired up.”

Which Dahyun hears and responds to, “Not Nayeon-ie. Perhaps, it’s gonna be dangerous for whoever the guy will be?”

The leader nods and continues “Based on initial investigation, the stalker is getting help from thousands who have given him attention. So, the attention needs to be shifted away in order to disempower him. All these while authorities track whoever is cooperating with him spilling our info.”

“ it’s always due to a threat”, Mina is so done.

“O~ Anyway, my name had already been written before. It’s better than getting another member involved. And as long as I can do something for Nayeon-ie then…” Momo says nonchalantly.

“How can you say that? It’s NOT gonna happen. I DON’T WANT IT TO HAPPEN.” Nayeon is stern. She is usually Twice’s savior. Being saved this time and by such method, the situation doesn’t sit well with her.

“Maj-ja. If it does happen, it would really mean we’ve arrived to the worst point. I don’t like the idea. Another dating setup will affect us HERE again you know”, Jeongyeon pointing to her temple as she sides with the unnie’s standpoint.

“Huh, how to think this positively… Given more time than before, hopefully we’ll be able to handle it better than what we’ve gone through with Jihyo unnie”, Chaeyoung shares.

Tzuyu raises hand, “I don’t want it too. But at least, compared to the previous issue, we have good communication with Heechul sunbae. A sudden raw expression of struggle is less likely since, we can talk to him if he’s still okay.”

Communication. It is key in any kind of relationship whether it be romantic or plain business. Jihyo and Momo have gone to SM Entertainment. Other than rehearsing for their dream collaboration with Taemin, the two would want to personally discuss with Heechul.

“I feel bad towards this favor. There’s a reason why I have never revealed anyone in public. It WILL be difficult. Especially, Momo is one of my favorites. If we’re to be real, decisions all up to me, the more I’d want to hide and protect!”

Heechul tensely tells the two mains of Twice. Afterall, it is gonna be his first publicly announced dating. He certainly senses the impending doom upon them.

As a decade-long veteran, Heechul describes experience. He adds, “And since this is just gonna be a setup, it will be more taxing! The August article was too much to be honest. The ‘have been dating for years’?! There will be worse.”

“Mianhaeyo oppa that we visit you for a favor like this. And since we’re acquainted enough, at least we must aim to have cooperation uhmm… Mwonde?” Momo turns to Jihyo.

“IN CASE the situation calls for it”, Jihyo helps Momo.

“Oh Maj-ja! Just in case. Uhmm well, there’s this much time we could prepare accordingly.” Momo gestures her arms.

Heechul bows head in exasperation and says, “Araseo! Araseo! Let’s not hope it doesn’t get to that point. Since JYP and Twice have been great friends, I’ll do what I can. You girls, be careful. Keep me posted.”

Meeting adjourned. They bow to each other and go their separate ways.  Momo then catches Jihyo looking at her thinking she’s being mocked. She glares back, “What? Wae?”

Jihyo pouts saying “Just so you know, even if we’re puberty twins, I would never wish you to be in the same situation as I am. I would rather encourage you to be with Nayeon-ie as much as you can.”

“Why are you suddenly like this?”

“I’m speaking from my regret. I couldn’t treat Sana like the queen she is. I couldn’t claim her the same way she does to me. You should do all that in case you will be written as someone else’s girlfriend”, looks down.

Momo rolls eyes, “You really are a coward.”

“Excuse me?!”

“Tell that to yourself. Time is Precious, Jihyo-yah. Regret is you living in the past. Do what you want NOW. Claim her NOW.”

“Easy for you to say. You haven’t experienced this”, Jihyo cuts the talk and walks away. Appalled, Momo trails behind demanding rebuttal. The leader pauses upon the other’s competitive call out.

“Dare! Watch me go spend time with unnie amidst all these. I’ll even flaunt about it. While you? I dare you to live now. You haven’t tried harder, coward. I DARE YOU.”

Momo walks her talk as later on, she spends the night at the Im residence. Nayeon is worried towards Momo for the company’s lack of a better idea. In attempt to make it up to her, the unnie caters to the dongsaeng.

“I’m still hoping for a better plan. For everything to be under control. You won’t have to do this anymore. Araseo?”

“I’m not thinking much about it, unnie. As long as we’re together.”

“We’ve seen Jihyo suffer. The possibility of being subjected in the same hell…” she sighs, “I don’t want it. I don’t wanna risk you.”

Momo sulks. Ottoke? I’m ready to do anything for unnie. But this is making her sad.

Speaking of “By the way, how’s Jihyo? How’s the collab going?” Then Nayeon breathes in, suddenly slaps palm on head as she remembers the leader’s situation, “And Oh! That… With all these rehearsals for the year-end, will she figure something out?”

“She’s a coward. But I don’t think she’s dumb”, Momo mutters as she goes back munching on dinner.

Jihyo has gone to Sana. She has accepted Momo’s challenge. The leader too has only been doing similar methods: Watching dramas, video gaming, going to parents’ house, living with Twice.

Jihyo has been sharing her whereabouts to Once especially, in times she could be assumed meeting up. Despite that, the result is the same—the world still celebrates her with Kang Daniel.

Maybe, just maybe… disowning Daniel is not the way. The one method Jihyo hasn’t committed to—claim Sana out loud in public. To OWN who her real partner is.

On bed, the two are on their sides face to face.

“Make a wish”, Jihyo says with a smile as she tucks the other’s hair behind ear. The special day of her constant person is approaching.

Sana catches the other’s hand. Her thumb caresses before kissing it and backs at her, “Your happiness.”

“You silly.” Jihyo knows there would be no end to this loop. Sana IS her happiness. Taking the leap towards that one method, she tells her “We might get in trouble.”

Sana shrugs, “Together in trouble then.”

Inching for a week, the girls have worked hard towards their happiness. A devil, however, is working harder. December 18th—Jeongyeon, Tzuyu, and Jeong’s sister Seungyeon attend the premier night of the movie Ashfall.

Along the way, there’s a hand that’s desperately handing them letters. A foreign voice pleading for these to reach Nayeon. Sealed on it, “From JOSH”. It’s him! The stalker himself.

“Sorry”, Jeongyeon turns it down in an instant. Together with the others, they rush to their vehicle and left as quick. The girls are shaking. Jeong couldn’t calm her knuckles that she bites it.

She turns to Tzuyu and utters, “We’re at the worst point now.”