She says "Pretty"

Best Kept Secret

One day at a time, Twice is returning to normal as if the crippling issues didn’t happen. It’s been a while since they have filmed as 9 guesting for a show. But still with the pandemic situation, it’s the collaborator who has gone to JYPE for the shoot.

Today, March 28th, the girls are filming with Pengsoo. A mascot character from Giant Peng TV Youtube Channel. This giant penguin goes to the JYP building to get an exclusive training session with Twice, as he aims to become a star himself.

Momo has led on the dance lessons. Later, Pengsoo teams up with her to compete against MiChaeng for the trending lessons. Saying, it is a must to ride trends to stay relevant which nowadays is, making dalgona coffee.

Jeongyeon, Sana, Dahyun, and Tzuyu have taught the penguin about charm lessons. They demonstrate through this generation’s new media norm, ASMR, advising him to reveal his charms by how he could adorably communicate even on a peculiar situation.

Lastly, Nayeon and Jihyo for voice lessons. The members would then evaluate if Pengsoo passed or failed. 8 have put up a circle letting him pass except Jihyo, who looks over to Sana’s hand.

“Oh!”, the Japanese pans to the leader too and is surprised by her judgement. Jihyo quickly changes her crossed fingers to MATCH her partner’s circle hand gesture. Sana unwittingly does the same while Jihyo transitions. Jjakkungs end up with heart-shaped hands, kind of a hybrid of cross and circle.

Sana excitedly takes selcas and posts on Twicetagram with a caption, “When will this come out?” along with flower, a chick, and again a heart emoji in Jihyo’s color. Well instead of the usual orange, Sana used yellow.

That excitement. They look forward to having schedules; as it means, they don’t have to settle in knowing about each other thru social media or phone calls. This also means Jihyo could spend the night at the dorm.

Jihyo hovers phone to Sana teasing her about the IG post, “Miss me this much?”

“Mm-hmm, very much. Like purple heart-teddy bear-purple heart”, giggles. “I’m wondering if you lost weight nowadays.”

Sana intends to estimate by sensation. When she’s about to reach for Jihyo’s thigh, Jeong shushes them. “Yah! You two just got better. And you’re at it again.”

The Japanese instantly pulls hand and bite her own fingers while the leader bows head. Sana then gradually walks out while saying “Okay~ Rest well Jihyo-yah! We still have a long day tomorrow. Jjaljayo!”

“Sana-yah, breakfast tomorrow? I’ll serve us something healthy.”

The Japanese nods and smiles. Feeling blessed, the leader clasps knuckles in happiness. She senses the gaze from the best friend and becomes defensive “Early rest. Healthy breakfast. See, we’re taking care of health. We’re being careful.”

“I can see you’re doing well”, Jeongyeon scrunches face. “Just- be more careful. You two.”

Jihyo is puzzled. How much more careful should they be?

Breakfast. As promised, Jihyo has prepared fruits and veggies. Today’s menu is salads. To add twist, she’s recommending her partner to put some balsamic vinegar. Like the experience with red ginseng though, Sana finds it to be an acquired taste.

The Japanese however, doesn’t whine this time. Well, she’s used to salads. It’s just the dressing for her is a bit off this time. Nonetheless, she diligently eats the food knowing her partner has prepared it with caring intention.

Incidentally, Sana has read a recent topic on Jihyo being a caring friend. The Japanese brings it up as lately, Gugudan Sejeong has mentioned about it on interviews.

Turns out, when Sejeong was struggling, Jihyo cared for her and told her “If you’re gonna be alone then be alone with me. We’ll be together but I’ll give you time for yourself.” They then went on a camping trip.

“You’re amazing Jihyo-yah”, Sana lauds her partner.

“Wanna know how I thought of it?” Jihyo asks her the inspiration for such kindness. Sana anticipates. The leader says, “Through you! I’ve been looking at you and do you know what I’ve seen?”

Looks to her with all ears, the Japanese is on to the leader with such attentiveness. The leader motions the back of hand towards her partner’s face.

Eye to eye, Jihyo tells Sana “It’s you always being with me. Even when I felt going alone. Even when I want to do things all by myself. When I think about it now, I don’t think I could endure. Your ways are proven. And so, I was also able to care for others.”

Smiles, “You’re the one who’s amazing Sana. You’re the best.” The leader leans forward and wraps arms around her partner. “O… “, when Jihyo realizes the lack of social distance, she flinches. Yet, Sana pulls her back.

“Nah, come here. It’ll be okay. Hugs are healthy too. For the heart.”

They chuckle under their breaths. Time is precious, it’s a moment to be seized in the name of happiness. Since Jihyo wouldn’t say no to Sana, she then campaigns on health somewhere else.

Hence later, she shares some candid solo photos on Instagram. Also included a photo with Tzuyu and then, some app filter clips. The caption is sealed just by a smiley: “Everyone is taking good care of health, right?! We are having our schedule indoor as carefully as possible. Fighting!”

Sooner, a member has commented on the post. With a purple heart along with a baby, hamster, and squirrel emoji, she says “Pretty <3”

The leader beams as she notices. Quite obvious as to WHO sent it, she gazes at the sender and again waves phone at her. The Japanese shrugs with a gratified look knowing that Jihyo’s trip with Tzuyu for Park parents’ anniversary went well.

Jihyo approaches and takes the chance to invite Sana, “Please join next time?”

“To your family?” Sana gives her a glimpse and a weak smile then goes away, busies herself at work.

This question isn’t brought up often. The leader knows that it’s something that the Japanese is yet to be ready for. In this matter, Sana is the indecisive one while Jihyo is the one to wait.

“O~ Sorry to witness that”, best friend Jeong appears from the side.

She tells Jihyo “In Sana’s defense, no one in your family has expressed about her. Come to think of it, your parents dote on Tzuyu. Your sister favors Momo. I don’t think Sana senses a warm welcome that she’s used to. It’ll take time.”

“I know”, the leader sighs. Jihyo couldn’t deny the familiar warmth Sana has significantly received from the other members’ families especially the YOOs. Ironically, when it comes to the family of partner Jihyo, Sana may have felt walking on eggshells.

Jihyo adds, “It may neither be my parents nor siblings show fondness. But, it’s me who likes her. It’s ME who’s gonna be with her, not them.” Imploring, “God forbid having to choose only one.”

Jeongyeon can only nod at the concern Jihyo has expressed. Considering that the leader has responsibly helped her own family, Jeong acknowledges that her best friend Jihyo deserves whatever happiness she chooses.

The leader’s question is left unanswered when one of their managers suddenly informs them “Jihyo ssi, you are both called to meet with the higher ups.”

Jeongyeon gulps at what she heard and shoots Jihyo a look. The leader is again puzzled squinting at the other trying to make sense of it. Jeong rechecks with the manager pointing at herself, “By both you mean?”

“It’s Jihyo”, she says. “And Sana ssi.”

Jeong bows a bit as the manager leaves. She then turns to Jihyo, “You two have been more careful. Right?! Or- did you expose yourselves??”

“Jihyo-yah”, Sana comes back with brows curved.

The Jjakkungs later find themselves facing not only Wook Sajangnim and JYP PD-nim but, the whole JYPE board of trustees. Park Jinyoung, their fatherly producer, utters “Sorry.”

“…How does this concern us? Sajangnim, you promised.”

Knees failing, Sana and Jihyo lean to each other upon hearing “Our hands are STILL tied Jihyo ssi.”