TTT (Touch Tears Triumph)

Best Kept Secret

“Why was Sana on my neck?!”

“Oh, that~ I did wrong.” Jihyo pleads guilty of displeasing her partner.

Having invested a lot on the rebellion, Jeongyeon won’t let any of the crucial persons disrupt the plan. She frowns with hands on hips “Told her to hide back, did you?”

“Jihyo unnie, Hyuna sunbaenim was able to hide in plain sight. What more when there’s a guy covering you two?” Chaeyoung contends.

“NO, not ‘bout that. Quite the opposite.” Jihyo clears out. “I think… I’m gonna need some—love lessons.”

NoJam Bros look to each other like what the she means.

“It’s gonna be my first time to be- really affectionate with Sana in public. The dating issue made me conscious of many aspects. It just came naturally back then.” Jihyo regrets, “Stupid me just throws a toy bug these days.”

Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung are relieved to hear that Jihyo’s concern is minor. And that the leader is finally getting active ready to fight. Although they themselves aren’t confident in matters of being demonstrative, NoJam Bros are eager to assist.

“Unnie, I believe it will flow again when you just see Sana unnie.” Chaeng receives a look, “I’m not teasing you! There’s a saying, ‘Energy flows where attention goes.’ Sticking to her may let your muscle remember how.”

“Or stick to either of us.” Jeong smirks, “We’ll throw you to Sana.”

“Eh? I- don’t think it’s necessary.” I’m a grown woman. I can take responsibility. Jihyo conditions herself.

Fumbled through the preliminaries of this era, Twice is now onto their second week of promotions. Show Champion is today’s music show appearance. The program where 10 seconds of airtime is dedicated to the chosen Ending Fairy.

Jihyo is in luck. The choice is hers as she was the precedent. She holds a mini game to help her decide. Among the members, whoever made her feel special would be the Fairy.

Jeongyeon does incomprehensible cute noises and gestures. Like a mom doting on her infant. Tzuyu portrays a confessing admirer by a coffee date. And then, there’s Sana and Chaeyoung.

Jihyo zooms in on the fingers making their way on her laced top. Sana holds gaze when their eyes met while tugging the ribbon on her partner. She says, “I kept worrying you’d get cold. Let me tie this up.”

Without a word, Jihyo nods with a smile. Sana has proven again that she’s mesmerizingly dangerous. However, Jihyo intends taking the chance to stick with her and requite the special feeling.

Good thing, the last contender is astounding that the choice is easier. Chaeyoung simply tucks Jihyo’s hair to her ears. It’s an exclusive love lesson right there that she can’t help say, “Oh~ I’m troubled, Chaeyoung ssi!”

Before marching unto a dangerous encounter, Jihyo chills back with the NoJam Bros. Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung are answering fan questions. First is about hairstyle. “I wanna try wild and edgy too. Like Chaengie’s black hair in the past”, Jihyo shares. “Or totally red. You know, the wild look.”

Jeong reads the next. “If given a chance, which other song from current album would you make a video of?” She expresses her liking for a different concept such as Hip-hop. Chaeng suggests the one written by Dahyun, Trick It. Conversely, Chaeng wants the sensual aura of Love Foolish. The song Momo contributed in.

Jihyo chooses the song written for Once, 21:29. She visualizes it in a form of a documentary. When Jeongyeon chuckles while the leader explains, Jihyo grabs on the unnie’s bustline. “Why are you laughing?”

Jeong immediately covers herself. Chaeng in nervous giggle pacifies them as they are on-cam, “Please don’t fight.”

NoJams are caught off guard by the roughness. It seems Jihyo has emancipated and is upping her game. “It’s kind of y though”, she says. She is ready.

Touch. Time. Service. These are the love languages Jihyo is fluent in. She approaches Sana and stays within perimeter. While the rest of the members are documenting backstage footages, the partners ease up on a couch. Momo films them.

Sana is on her phone browsing through Jihyo’s photos. The latter reenacts poses comedically. While creating a carefree air, Jihyo notices her partner’s legs can be exposed. She yanks a blanket nearby and spreads it across them.

When the camera zooms respective of the Japanese’s wiggling brows, Jihyo teasingly positions two fingers under her partner’s nostrils. Sana teases back by sniffing in. Jihyo giddily squeals. Inadvertently, she wipes her fingers off on Sana’s chest. She adjusts to the sleeves as soon as she realizes.

When some mistakes are too good, they become negligible. Especially when better ones are made. Momo heard that Chaeyoung wants to make an MV for Love Foolish. So, they film it on the spot.

Chaeng joins the partners on a sensual scene with her arm on Sana’s shoulder. Her other limb is free to explore herself or play with the others. Meanwhile, Jihyo leans on Sana rubbing cheeks like a cat.

Eyes closed, Jihyo cups and scours her partner’s face. Making sense of Sana’s shape before tending herself. Sana is the center of it all. Enjoying this feast, she smirks particularly watching Jihyo’s hand going places.

A few others appear in the subsequent scenes. However, they’re more on the dorky side than SaJiChaeng level of sensual. No matter, Twice had fun in the backstage diminishing the nerves towards the live broadcast.

The moment of announcing today’s winner has arrived. After tallying data, the girls emerge as the show’s champion.

Nayeon gives speech thanking the whole Twice team. Including JYP the producer himself who listened to the girls’ difficulties and wrote the track. Most importantly, to Mina who’s braving her anxiety.

Thinking back on the showcase Vlive, Jihyo simply hoped to get their message across. She desires it more than the sales reception of the album. Well, given the issues, expectations had to be let go. Hence, to rank after all the mishaps, she’s eternally grateful.

“Is this real? I think I’m gonna cry if we win again.” She tells the girls.

“Pssh! You silly. What for? We’re doing good now, right?” Jeongyeon wants to take it frivolously but knows it can’t be ignored. It’s Mina who’s doing good. Jihyo is barely there yet.

Being the catch basin of reproach, the leader must’ve been feeling heavy. Crying would lessen the load for sure. Jeong’s only concern is that emotional displays at this point may incite feedbacks they never would’ve intended.

The next day, Twice receives their second win on M Countdown. Proof that it’s real, that it’s not out of charity, and that Once have also worked their hardest despite circumstances. In the encore, Jeong sneaks away from Jihyo and moved towards Chaeng at the far end of the line.

Oh God, here we go.

“Before we start promoting for this comeback, we were worried because it’s only 8 of us. But because of Onces’ love and support we are thankful”, tears build up as Jihyo says these. Applauding, she then wipes herself upon concluding her speech.

Momo who’s next to her is quick to give a side hug. Sana walks past Nayeon to give pats. Dahyun and Tzuyu coming from either side closing in. Nayeon, the other one next to her, eventually mirrors Sana in calming Jihyo.

And then, there’s Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung.

The last time Jihyo cried on a music show was way back their first win in Cheer Up era. Twice clustered into a group hug.

With arms in front and fists clenched, a smiley Jeongyeon twists her trunk side to side. As much as Jihyo spoke about the group, Jeong is careful not to huddle.

This ain’t it.

She has things to consider. For one, Mina isn’t there. Though she’s improving, they are incomplete defeating the essence of the gesture. Two, they already had let go of expectations. Rankings and reception alike. There’s nothing to worry about in the first place.

Unless, it isn’t about the group anymore. The sentiment is rather personal. Due to the damned leash, Jihyo can only pertain to a few. Jeongyeon stands her ground. This isn’t the time to gather.

While cradling the M Countdown trophy, an also smiley Chaeyoung merely scrunches her nose. Cry if it helps, Jihyo unnie. Not only to us members but to Once as well. Some may get it, some won’t. Regardless, your truth is what matters.

But don’t cry so much, Unnie-yah. There are indeed more happy memories just like now. If I dare say, many may have already sensed our message. Once is also fighting. We are winning despite what’s done to you. Despite its effect to all of us.