Dating for Good Image?!

Best Kept Secret

A time for the nine of us.

“Thank you to Once who watch over us through both the good and bad. We’ll work hard to show you a good image as 9 member-Twice”. Nayeon unnie’s well-thought out speech fits well especially in this trying time.

I’m thankful we have her as our oldest. Along with Jeongyeon, Momo, and partner Sana~ Yeah, I’m the leader. But honestly, I still lack a lot. I’m just glad these unnies have my back.

The girls show Mina what they’ve just gotten from Genie Music Awards.

“We’ve worked hard Mina unnie”, Tzuyu tells her.

“How are Onces?” Mina asks. 

“Oh, many Onces were there. They cheered a lot!” Chaeyoung hands over the trophies to Sana and continues through.

Nayeon and Momo filling-in with laughter as they also tell how Dahyun saved them from a bug. Dahyun reenacts while Jeongyeon gives Mina her meds.

Sana passes the trophies to Jihyo who’s climbing up a chair, “Careful~”. 

Jihyo sighs a relief as she puts their first 2019 daesang atop the cupboard. She marvels on the collection before her and says, “Mina let’s keep living our dreams with the nine of us like this”.

Morning comes. Jihyo awakens by her phone. She smiles upon seeing a long-time friend ringing her. “Ooo~ Taecyeon oppa it’s been a long time! Good mor-”

“Yah, Jisu-yah… you didn’t tell me you’re already dating?”

“That’s a new way of saying chukahae”, Jihyo lets a little laugh.

“Chukahae! Our Jisu is grown now”, Taecyeon expresses his congratulations.

“Hehe komawoyo~”, Jihyo thanks him. Another call is waiting for her. It’s from manager Jinjin. She sighs, “Oppa mian. Let’s talk next time. Manager is calling.”

“Alright, tell me over a meal next time. Okay?” Taecyeon hangs up. This oppa is really funny. He knows how award shows go. But he still wants me to tell him? Hahaha!

Jihyo trying not to disturb her roommates, slowly goes out the bedroom to answer a persistent call from the manager.

“Jihyo ssi mianda”, manager quickly apologizes. “Dispatch made a breaking news”. Why does manager sound certain and serious? And did he just say Dispatch?!

“You and Kang Daniel are dating”.

“Huh? WheRe diD THAT COME FROM?!” What’s the Politics behind this? Is this why Taecyeon oppa said chukahae?! And I thanked him. Jihyo slams her head with her palm and murmurs, “babo-yah”.

“Hmm good morning.” Jihyo jumps and accidentally hangs up her phone as Sana suddenly hugs her from behind, “Why are you surprised? It’s just me, heh.”

“Who was that?” she asks.

“Uhm, Jinjin oppa." Jihyo waits for Sana to break away before sending manager a text that she doesn’t know about it and has nothing to do with it.

“Oh, did our schedule changed?”

Again, manager is calling. “I~ will take this to find out.” Jihyo grins as Sana goes to the kitchen, “alright then I’ll make you something.”

“Jihyo ssi, I’m sorry. The higher ups have decided to confirm it anyway. It seems Konnect agrees to do the same.”

“NONSENSE.”

“The Public Relations team is enabling Dispatch's report saying it’s going to help the company. Err, Twice image too since we’re moving to mature concepts.”

“I said make it make sense! Nayeon unnie just told national tv that we’ll work hard to show good image tHEN THIS?”

“Well apparently, the company received massive criticism following Mina’s situation. That the company is abusive to the point of ill health.”

“It is. And the proper solution for that is to give ample spaces in between events. We barely made it on US tour. How would a Dating issue solve this? It only worsens it.”

“I don’t know what the companies agreed to. But with this, it would mean you are treated well. That you still have time to date”, manager explains.

“I AM USED as a diversion! And what of Kang Daniel?”

He adds, “Perhaps it’s also favorable to him. I’m just informing you that both are confirming the issue. I hope all of you would prepare. I~ I’m really sorry." 

The call has ended and Jihyo is in total disbelief. It’s magnified even more when she turns around and finds Sana rubbed off of a smile in a supposed good morning.

Breakfast scatters on the floor. Silence echoes as both realize an impending cruel reality to live through.

To be known as someone I’m not, I feel discouraged. But making her worry like this, I am defeated.

Neither of us know what we actually are to each other. We never hid it either. Who needs dating issue when we are-?

Who am I kidding? We wouldn’t count as good image too. Whatever we are. But still, don’t become different Sana.

“Morning~ everything alright?” girls are up one by one.

“Yup! Everything fine.” Jihyo rushes in to help Sana clean up.