Blind Assumption

Best Kept Secret

“Saengil chukahamnida~!!”

The girls squeeze in for group photos in celebration of Chaeyoung’s birthday in the More & More filming set. Jihyo stands right next to Sana. They pose their brightest smiles.

“Took you so long. What have you been doing elsewhere?” The Japanese thereafter asks softly. But with what the leader has seen a while ago, she tells her “Well you already got Dahyun wrapped all over you doing heart hands.”

“Did you actually see?”

Jihyo scoffs, “What?! Is there anything to see??”

“So, you didn’t see.” Sana rolls eyes.

“Huh? What else would there be? Why would I wanna see you flirting”, Jihyo raises a point by this rhetorical query. What else would THE dangerous Sana be doing but be all touchy feely.

And since she’s with Dahyun, the person whom the Japanese had frankly confessed liking, the leader ASSUMES those two would be the royal lovey dovey Twice ship, SaiDa. Clingy hugs, puckered lip teases, and mushy hearts.

Sana retorts, “Do you remember you told me many things last time? I appreciate your liquor-infused honesty. You even told me you really really love me. But you’re probably too drunk to even remember- “

“I do remember and I’ll say it again. I love you.”

Seems the leader has become braver since. The Japanese then stares intently, “Then trust must also go with that. So, why are you… jealous? Would you believe me if I tell you that it’s not what you thought? That I didn’t flirt?”

The leader massages temple. To have a private talk on this matter, she drags her to the empty backdrop and swivels the other face to face.

“Look, I’ve known you for a long time and that is a part of you. Now, I am TRYING to deal with that. As your partner, of course I am jealous because I’m loyal to you! While I think I belong only to you, YOU are not the same to me.”

“I’m the same, Jihyo-yah. I just said I didn’t flirt! Are you even listening? Go to Twice TV unnies and check the footages”, the Japanese stomps a foot and leaves in dismay.

She goes on snatching strawberries on Chaeng’s cake to uplift herself. To which Mina reproaches her and everyone else. She saves one, “Chaeng Chaeng here.”

The leader, on the other hand, borrows the Twice TV cameras focused on Sana and Dahyun. A hand is waving from peripherals, it’s Jeong offering a strawberry. With focus elsewhere, Jihyo has taken it to hand and just held on to it.

Best friend Jeong got curious, “That’s weird. Why are you looking at Sana with Dahyun when you yourself was on that clip already looking at them from behind?”

“What’s weirder is that she said she didn’t flirt with her.”

“Ohh~ Aren’t you watching too much drama nowadays?” Jeong derisively utters in reference to a show about extra love affairs they’ve been binging on which is, the World of the Married. Nonetheless, she joins her.

They spot the moment when Dahyun came in to back hug Sana. Then she gestured her hand wanting to form hearts with the other. The Japanese, however, kept on doing mismatching hand signs.

“Aigoo, not only you’re idiot. You are crazy”, Jeong comments. Receiving a look from the leader, she responds “Okay~ Now that you found what you’re looking for, get over there and have dinner.”

Jihyo sits across Sana and puts the strawberry she got to the latter’s plate. Sana picks it up and bite the half of it. She then stretches arm out to give the rest to the other. Jihyo eats it.

Later at the dorm, the leader drops by Sana’s room packing clothes in her behalf for tomorrow’s flight to Jeju Island. It’s the other location of their More & More filming. Sana lying on bed, watches comfortably.

“If you’re making it up to me, you can just kiss me you know.”

“Mianhae. Cheongma-”

“Cheongmal mianhae”, Sana syncs in. She then tells her, “You said sorry a lot the night you were drunk.”

Sana mianhae~”, Jihyo had been faintly knocking with forehead slumped by the door. “It’s not what you think. His Instagram issue is his own doing. Must also be tired of this fakeness- I don’t knoww!

But please don’t think you and I are over. I don’t want us to be like this. My love is sincere. I’m not using you Sana. But I said things wrongly.” She started slapping herself, “Mianhae~ cheongmal mianhae!

I reaallyy do want to end the link to him already. It’s because there should be no one else. My partner is only you, Sana-yah.

As the Japanese reminisces, she hithers the leader to sit by the bedside. Sana places hand on Jihyo’s thigh caressing back and forth the knee.

Tenderly, she says “I felt your serious intention and how much you meant every word. Yes, you’ve known me for long. But since then, I’m doing my best to show you that I also belong only to you. So, please be kind to me.”

Touched, Jihyo bows with a weak smile. She puts hand on hers, brushing it with the thumb and says, “Now I get it. This is what you mean by tender and kind.” Then kisses her hand, “I’ll do better next time.”

Twice has gone to Jeju and shot scenes on a bright and windy landscape. Too bright, Sana’s eyes were hurting. In the evening too windy, she’s felt frigid. Thus, back in the transient house, Jihyo gives Sana a tea.

Sana takes a sip and found it pleasant, “Hey I miss this! Been a while.”

“Mm-hmm”, Yawns.

“Go ahead, Jihyo-yah. You must be tired as well.”

“Alright. Drink up and rest.”

The next day, Jihyo texts Sana a wake up greeting together with an ‘outfit of the day’ selca. “Morning, my queen! Distancing in public is expected of us. So, I can only do this. Kkungi-yah is hugging you warmly.”

Giggles, “Did she plan this?”

Sana finds Jihyo slick in packing the luggage for her, slipping in pieces that she too has. The Japanese puts them on and shows up in clothes coupling with the leader. She tells her thankfully, “I am warmed.”

Meanwhile, Jeongyeon is giving out little gifts. To Sana, she hands her a pack of the Korean red ginseng. The Japanese later shared it to Twicetagram story in the afternoon of April 26th.

Upon arriving in Seoul, the Jjakkung partners are both seen wearing the same Balenciaga speed shoes and DXOH fur zip up. Except Sana has the jacket in white while Jihyo has it in black.

Is this another couple statement? One that intends to slap the public of their truth? At this point, it wouldn’t matter.

The public’s mind is still effectively set on Jihyo and Daniel adoring each other as per Dispatch. Plus, the companies haven’t said otherwise. And since the pair aren’t seen together, their imaginations run wildest assuming things.

Little did Jihyo know, the fans are the ones particularly linking her outfits to him. That scarf Jihyo gave Sana for her birthday? Fans assume Jihyo gifted Daniel a scarf too because it’s similar.

The similar airport fashion arrival from Vietnam? Fans think they spent time together abroad for having bucket hats. But that’s the thing. Only similar, not exactly the same.

Ah, of course—Daniel is a man who would get a manly version.

Finally, that “couple watch”. The fans’ favorite. Jihyo and Daniel have sealed the power couple title as it is nice to imagine the Nation’s girl group leader and the Korea’s It Boy both having a Cartier Santos 2019.

To have something of high-value together, it must truly be love! They are such a dream team having it all. Money, fame, and power.

Despite Daniel’s Instagram incident, the fans assume that the power couple is still going strong because in April 28th—Jihyo wears the thousand-dollar watch.

The leader goes hosting their Youtube Premier for the Seize the Lights Twice Documentary promo without knowing about it.

So even though Sana audaciously sits on Jihyo’s lap to make way for the ‘Born This Way’ unit, NaJeongMiChaeng, it would be seen as just Sana being Sana.

Even though Jihyo pulls Sana back to her lap when the latter is about to transfer seat, people would just enjoy some laugh as Jihyo tucks in disheveled clothes turning Sana as a shield.

Yet after that, Jihyo keeps Sana to her lap and stares at her; from Sana’s eyes down to her lips as the Japanese talks. Based upon these observations, it is identifiable as being captivated.

Although Jihyo seems to be mesmerized, the public wouldn’t even try to assume that. They wouldn’t look closely, observe, and think. Because it is too much to think that way. DELUSIONAL, as if it was a crime.

Which is ironic, that same public has its eyes on the unseen. Ears listening to the companies, not to Jihyo herself. Instead, the public does its best to assume on the idealistic imagination behind THAT watch.

When Twice arrives at the segment of reading comments live, the girls read aloud the ones good enough. Yet, it seems fate is toying again. The comments are coming in fast. It keeps on scrolling up. Then suddenly, it halts.

And there is the name spelled out on the big screen behind their backs.

Nayeon who has read a lot, halts too. Dahyun takes it as cue to proceed to the next segment. Sana and Jihyo, with their heads down reading together on an ipad, haven’t moved and remained bowing until the screen is turned off.

Just. Why. How is he still brought up until now?