Too Much Info

Best Kept Secret

Twice endures pain, may it be mental or physical. Sometimes even simultaneously. Nonetheless, the girls try making the most out of the moment.

So much so that Jeongyeon walks in forgetting that she has a neck brace on. Nayeon laughs at her pointing the overlooked item that shouldn’t be worn when in broadcast. Jeong removes it hurriedly.

Moreover, Jihyo is having an eye allergy attack in the midst. She’s been scratching her eye. They assume it may be from the bouquet at the table.

Best friend Jeong is calling her out to it. The leader hysterically finds a way to relieve the itch, to a point of wiping it onto Jeong’s sleeve.

Meanwhile, Sana is at the foremost front smiling as she reads comments. Her lip arches fade upon noticing Jihyo. She then immediately searches for wet tissue to hand to her partner.  

The surprise birthday greet for Dahyun has Chaeyoung missing. In lieu of her, Momo dressed Boo in a strawberry outfit making him the kid rebel’s representative. This isn’t the pup’s first.

He has since made appearances in Momo’s vlive from when she officially introduced him through a Twicetagram post. Yes, Momo herself made such personal announcement. It’s straightforward, easy as it’s her truth.

Boo has become family alright but to be able to identify him more, Jihyo asks Momo:

“What are you to Boo, omma or noona?”

Momo confirms being an omma saying, “he is a son.”

Jihyo then follows up, “Then what is he to us? Nephew?”

“He has nine moms!” Moms only. In Momo’s mind, he is a son to all of Twice. Nine girls are already raising him together. No need for any dad. Boo’s presence is it’s as if the labor of love amongst them girls.

Boo is even carried along at work. And in caring for such precious life as if their own, their already busy sched has become tighter. All the more there would be practically non-existent time for boyfriends.

Surprisingly, with Momo as the main mom in question, the reported boyfriend Heechul isn’t widely assumed to be Boo’s dad despite also being a dog owner. It’s not because fans understood about the setup.

More like Heechul is hated within the Once fandom. Because unlike the young Daniel who appears to be a solemn saint, veteran Heechul is seen as the creepy old loudmouthed devil.

So instead of linking him to Momo, the fans themselves are the ones burning this ship down. Their coincidental similarities too aren’t hyped. This along with Nayeon never leaving Momo, handling Momo’s dating is relatively tolerable for the girls.

The unnie even shares, “I walked from Cheongdam to here a few days ago. Momo and I walked with Boo.” Jihyo herself finds them crazy betting they were freakin’ tired after that long walk.

An hour plus plus has passed when Twice looks at the time and realized they have to pack up and rest. Scheds will be grueling in the coming days. Even so, birthday girl Dahyun has made a wish. She says, “to reach number 1.”

After 9 months gap from Feel Special, Twice makes a comeback through a more challenging performance. Add to that the lack of live cheering audience due to the pandemic, the girls could only draw energy amongst themselves.

June 1st—Today is the showcase for their 9th mini album, More & More. Like the previous, the girls share a TMI each. Meaning, “Too Much Info” of what they’ve gone through the past period gap in between comebacks.

Big or small, it’s anything that the audiences may have not known about them. Starting with, “I…” Nayeon breathes and resets thoughts “Before I came here, I hit my head against the desk. That’s why I’m a little confused.”

Twice is almost seated by age. Instead of Jeong, the next up is Momo. “I’ve been on Vlive. I got a dog. His name is Boo. I’m taking care of him. He’s waiting for me now.”

And then Sana, “I couldn’t drink tomato juice. I could only eat mini tomatoes. But I finally got over it yesterday.” She’s really making amends with a lot of healthier foods as per their goal.

In her vlive last week, she shared “I eat caesar salad. Jihyo ate it with balsamic sauce one time, I disliked it. But tried it later on, I was shocked of how delicious it is. So these days, I like salad with balsamic vinegar.

Well, with the vision of Jihyo being the housekeeper, Sana should get used to whatever is served in the kitchen. Which is gonna be mostly based on what the leader likes.

Other than what is served, the unnies Nayeon and Jeongyeon who know Jihyo the longest, also tip Sana of what they are.

The Japanese tells more, “It’s Nayeon-ie who recommended me raw tomato juice. I was hesitating to try. I was scared. But I tried it yesterday and it’s delicious. I drank again before I came here.” She pans a bit to the left.

To her left is Jeongyeon who comments “Since we were trainees, Jihyo loved tomato so much. She always bought 2 liters of tomato juice.” This bestie also pans to the left as there’s the person pertained to.

Jihyo responds, “I really love it!”

“Is it why you look like tomato?” NoJam Jeong teases her. But asks pardon right away as Jihyo rather urges to get going. Jeongyeon shares about finding a game where she could finally beat gamers Jihyo and Mina.

Jihyo, on the other hand, shares about her tanning session as it’s summer again. She always does at this season. This time, Chaeyoung went with her.

Mina thought of another info to share as gaming is already mentioned. So, she tells about being into ASMR sounds of raining to relax.

Meanwhile, Dahyun wasn’t able to prepare a TMI so the members think for her. They share that she painted her nails black for the first time. A color that’s according to Chaeyoung is, what boys dislike.

Then there’s Chaeyoung who doesn’t exactly have TMI. She pegs it as merely a plan for now. It’s to make masks as it’s necessary nowadays. NoJam hyung teases again, “But the script says I’ve been making.”

Kid rebel asserts her truth, “It’s not what I told them.”

Lastly, maknae Tzuyu shares that due to the more challenging choreography, she’s been into Pilates and massages to condition her muscles.

Moving further into the album’s concept, Nayeon shares to the virtual audience “We’ve made significant changes on our looks. Some members have dyed new hair colors.”

Momo and Mina are blonde. Nayeon cut hair in the shortest length yet. The only ones with gaudy colors are Jeongyeon and of course the Jjakkungs. Sana volunteers the other’s info, “Jeongyeon did her own shampoo!”

Meaning, Jeong herself was the one who dyed it. As in, without the help of the salon professionals. Sana though may have ingenuously worded it in a weird way.

When Jihyo realizes what Sana could imply, she counters “People shampoo by themselves Sana ssi!”

“Not for Sana perhaps”, Momo mumbles.

“I- I understand”, Jeong is cracking up.

Nayeon too tries to save the awkward statement, “Yeah sometimes we go to salon and get it shampooed.”

While Jeongyeon has elaborated on hers, Sana and Jihyo did not talk about theirs. Compared to Jeong’s hair adventures, Sana’s may be underwhelming as it’s the usual salon process. Plus, the Japanese is often in bright color.

Onces wouldn’t be surprised with an orange anymore. But about the leader’s, it’s her first time ever to have bleached and dyed pink hair. Yet, Jihyo is silent on how she went with it.

The leader isn’t urged to open up until the song discussion. More & More has lyrics that the girls find outlandish. One of the lines that stood out for them is Chaeyoung’s rap part, I’m a stray cat today for sure.

They merely find it unique. But since it mentions cat which is easily attributed to the known cat person Kang Daniel, Nayeon nudges Jihyo again like she did back in the Feel Special showcase. As if mocking those who would link them.

The unnie utters, “I’d like to see Jihyo doing that ‘cat’ part.”

“Isn’t it abrupt? Trying to gang up on me!”

“It’s not.” Instead of looking at Jihyo as they are talking, Nayeon is facing towards the cameras as if really putting it out there. Glaring, she says “Jihyo said she likes that part a lot.”

Chaeyoung approves saying, “Yeah since Jihyo unnie has a cat.”

They laugh. Jeong banters, “Not a stray cat though.”

“What does it have to do with this?” Jihyo asks, chuckling. Precisely, it doesn’t have anything to do with it. Likewise, just because the pet interest is similar, it doesn’t necessarily mean real dating.

The fans’ notion of Daniel being the cat influencer to Jihyo is again discrediting who the real ones are. Cause really, other members have cats too. Heck, Tzuyu has three.

And based on the cat color and breed, the real influencer is best friend Jeongyeon who has a gray Scottish Fold. While Jihyo only got a similar breed that is British Shorthair, she also chose a gray one.

Jeong then volunteers for Tzuyu to do it instead. And when Nayeon is still nudging, Jihyo passes it to Jeong. Sana wants it over with, “That’s it. You can just sing it together!”

Jihyo settles it saying, “It together- let’s just not do it altogether.” Jeong syncs in, “Let’s not.”

However, when it comes to other requests, it doesn’t take long. The leader doesn’t go in circles to fulfill them. Especially when it comes from Sana.

In one of the b-side songs, Sana shares “When I heard the guide track, I know all members could pull it off but I was really looking forward to Jihyo’s part.”

Nayeon has seconded her and asserted for Jihyo to sing it. Sana adds more compliment as a soft demand, “This song reveals how Jihyo was as a trainee.”

“And of all our tracks, to put it in a way, it’s a powerful song? In terms of lyrics”, the unnie has that glare again.

“You’re making me do this after all”, smiling. She pauses a bit when she’s about to sing, “O? Ohh…”

“Want me to say go?” Sana asks as if an encouragement. “1, 2, 3… go!”

Jihyo goes, Your apologies full of predictable stories and excuses again. I’m not going to accept them. The girls continue to Sana’s line, Don’t call me again.

Nayeon then utters, “You can’t call.”

That YOU is barely an answer to Kang Daniel’s debut song. Which the fans have linked to Jihyo, as it is about waiting for the call of his busy girl.

Arguably, it’s more of addressing those who have called their name to take advantage of it. Those “People who say things easily”, as what Jihyo said in the previous era.

YOU, Dispatch, who said things easily. YOU, the companies, who said would fact check the report but confirmed the dating despite errors. To YOU who enabled the fakeness as well as those who celebrated it, “You can’t call.”

The girls are finding out what other links are made between Jihyo and Daniel. As if picking up these calls one by one, only to hang up shutting it down.

Time may have clotted the wounds. But if something could still be done with those scars, they would.

A genius once said, “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again yet expecting different results.” Thus, like the changing concept in the new era, their approach to the issue has changed too.

The bond has changed as well. It has grown so much, it is stronger. The only constant is the people. They themselves, the real ones who stood by each other.

And with having such people around, the byproduct is sincerity. Maybe to a point of too much honesty.

“We haven’t done something like this in a while. It didn’t feel like we’re in a set when we did Dahyun’s birthday vlive”, the leader is scratching head.

Indeed, Jihyo has expressed it in there “I feel weird doing Vlive. I can’t get used to it.

I think you’ll have a slip of tongue”, Nayeon sensed.

Not a slip of tongue. Rather, I think I’m too casual. It’s as if we’re talking just amongst ourselves.

Lo and behold, Jihyo slipped a bit about the awarding systems in music show promotions. What could she spill next? Non-disclosure agreements?

To some extent, the girls could share their own truth. But the truths that are attached to something bigger, something they aren’t in control of—those aren’t theirs. They are not in the position to talk about it and will never be.

“I’m scared”, Nayeon says. The entire truth that shouldn’t be told could be spilled unfiltered.

The leader places hand on mouth shushing herself. Jihyo tries getting back on track saying, “I’ll just read the script then.”