Our Little Forest

Best Kept Secret

“Should we pretend that name didn’t show up in the big screen? And on live broadcast for all the world to see?”

“How? The screen just paused right to it. It was all in caps. Jihyo, you okay?”

The girls just got back to the dorm. Roommates Jeongyeon and Mina drop by the leader’s room for a bit before settling to theirs. In front of the vanity table, Jihyo unfastens accessories including the Cartier.

She tells them “No. But for now, I just want to rest.”

Jeong and Mina turn to each other with a look of concern for Jihyo.

The leader gazes at them telling “I mean, we’ve been trying to tell about the truth. And since~ until now people don’t get it, does it make a difference if we sleep this one out? Cause honestly, the last time Sana and I tried- we almost lost each other.”

“But that’s because Sajangnim was relentless in fulfilling the deal with Konnect that he put restrictions on you two. You can go on again now that the bestest boy in Korea has shown his true colors”, Jeong says.

“No, no, no, no. I don’t wanna risk my sincere intentions again and identify as ‘using her’. I’d rather protect the understanding Sana and I have of each other. For months, the result is the same anyway. Something’s not clicking.”

“So, what now? You- are giving up on people? Jihyo, among those people are Once. Are we just gonna let them remain babo?” Mina asks.

“We’ve given them everything. Well, almost. We can never give the entire truth, can we?” Smiles weakly and turns to the mirror, “I just want to find out what’s keeping the fans that way.”

“It’s the companies, what else? They have kept enabling this stupid fakeness. Hence, fans have become stupid.” Jeong walks away when Jihyo recalls.

“Now that you mention it… Yeah.”

While the girls themselves have been trying to extinguish the fire of the dating issues set by the companies, the Info Sales Routes have kept fanning it and feed the stalkerish sasaengs.

As it seems, the companies never wanted the fire to die down. In this day and age, information is power regardless of truthfulness as long as it sells. Heck, even investors throw money on speculative ventures.

Stalkers do the same. Some buy for personal consumption while some for clout. And what’s stopping them from reselling these pieces of info?

One of these sasaengs have become underground twitter famous, having a following of 32.8k as of this writing despite being a private account. However, it doesn’t act like a lone private person.

Its activity is that of an organized syndicate being able to tweet with just minutes gap spamming its followers of celebrity information from VARIOUS Korean entertainment companies. Yes, not even focused on just one entity.

What’s more anomalous is that this certain @saesangs1 tweets in Arabic. Note that this is already a succedent account. It deletes and starts anew when it gets famous enough and of course, busted.

This sasaeng has achieved credibility when it seemed to know everything. Including the exact release date of Dispatch’s report. It tweeted about it weeks before August 5.

Funny. According to Dispatch itself, the article was DELAYED. It was ready on July 20 but postponed out of respect for Daniel’s debut week.

August 1 was the next bet. The same August 1 that Dispatch reported of them meeting in UN Village while Jihyo was in Genie Awards. But again, postponed out of respect for Daniel’s Daegu-Busan fan meeting.

Out of respect FOR DANIEL. Never for Jihyo.

Just like Dispatch who have gained credibility over time, followers believed in this sasaeng’s tweet that Jihyo has become calmer nowadays compared to the time she’s reported. And that Daniel is supporting her very well.

Right~ how does drawing in ugly comments a way of supporting her?

Pity that people would rather listen to such tweets. They are missing a whole lot behind the calm that Jihyo has been experiencing. And to whom it should be credited to. No, it isn’t just Sana. But she truly committed herself to her.

Sana sensed how rattled and drained Jihyo must’ve been that she worked on a SANA TV the following days. She thought of a calming gift to give that is, the scented candle. Subsequently, she documents its making.

On a table, nine empty glasses are sequenced by Twice age that are ready to contain would-be candles. As she goes, the Japanese shares about scent preferences; sniffing aromas she’d mix with the melted wax.

“I like a mixture of flowers and candies. I once bought everything that smelled floral but got car sick. I guess I’m only okay with it when smelled on other people.”

She too shared about others’, “Mina and Jihyo like the same scent. They like the scent of flowers.”

Although Sana thinks only Momo and Jeongyeon would actually use the candles, she wants to make each perfectly. Feeling inept at first, she blabbers away her nerves.

Later she gains confidence, garnishing one by one with designs complementing the scent. Some, she finished quicker than the others while she ponders carefully for the last glass.

Sana brings closer that one in the middle. Na-Jeong-Mo-Sa… Ji, it’s for Jihyo. She doesn’t blab this time. Instead, the Japanese just silently and delicately works as best she could for that one last.

Unfortunately, she later finds out that candles can’t be given out. Whether it be due to Korea’s safety requirement or some superstition, the candles since then have been set aside in Sana’s room.

Nonetheless, it’s the thought that counts. Besides, what great excuse it has become for Jihyo to come over to Sana and ignite some aromatic candlelight. The partners banter.

“My Melody Project is gonna be uploaded soon.”

“The song”, giggles. “How much do you love me, Jihyo-yah?”

As an answer, Jihyo starts singing. “I hope you remember this. How much I love you~ I love you.

She reaches out to her and the latter takes it. They walk up to a spot in the middle facing each other and embraced. Together, they slow dance into the beat of the leader’s hums.

“Beautiful. What a sad ending though.” To Sana’s knowledge, the last line of the song is as if saying goodbye.

But Jihyo hushes her, “Annyeong? It’s a magic word, you know. Say it when our eyes close, drift into dreams. Say it too when they open and see ourselves right next to each other.”

Suddenly, Sana cringes. “Cheesy”, she says.

Jihyo recoils too. They shake their heads as they laugh. Jihyo waits for Sana to calm and says, “I want our own little forest.”

That calm Kim Taeri movie truly made an impression on her that she envisions it. Her 2019 Mini Profile bucket list is telling, “To live in a house with a yard and grow a field, together with a dog, a cat, and the people I love.”

Sana retorts “If that’s the case then, we’ll have to learn farming?”

“I- uh… assign myself at home.” Receiving a dismayed gaze from the partner, Jihyo adds “Anything that’s got to do with the house is mine! Including fixing the roof. M-my dad, he’s even an architect you know. I can learn it.”

“Alright.” Somehow, it’s a fair delegation as Sana has familiarity with the provincial life through her grandma. Japan teaches farming too in school. So, it’s settled.

As for things neither house nor yard, Jihyo tells Sana “Let’s- work on it as we go. Together.”

Finances, for example. It’s conjugal. While there can be a manager, couples still have to discuss especially the spending system of it. Else, it can be a point of argument. Twice has shared a few times that Jihyo manages their joint account.

In the Running Man recording, May 18th—Sana and Jihyo are in a team together and share this fun fact again. Their cast teammates even praise Jihyo for being responsible.

Running Man Seokjin, however, asks “No money has ever disappeared?”

Jihyo must’ve have felt too casual that she inadvertently answers “It’s happened but, I always put the money back” consequently shocking Sana.

“IT HAPPENED??”

Arms in with fingers folding, Jihyo explains herself. “F-for example, when I buy a birthday cake for a member, I use our money first.”

Sana smiles through it and let it pass. There’s a whole day of games to win. Even so, she’s fired up that she’s the only player who literally stands out despite the slippery floor setting in the final game.

They didn’t win the top spots. But that’s nothing as there’s more important matter. A lot of clearing up to do and it’s not just their paint-covered limbs. Thus, in the shower, Sana and Jihyo settles the little dispute.

“When do you plan to tell me about it?”

“Well, it was for you. So~” Gets her back scrubbed vigorously that she exclaims, “Ow! Okay, okay. I’m sorry.”

Working things out has to be done as early. Afterall, they are attempting to build a life together where foundation must be strong. As they say, it takes two to tango.

Sana, in this partnership, is definitely not playing when she throws herself into a province for a variety show shoot. She's with the rest of the Japanese line and the NoJams for an opportunity to refresh on farming.

It’s already evening when they returned. Just in time to surprise Dahyun on her birthday Vlive.

While they wait for the manager’s cue to go in, Sana tells Jihyo about their Hometown Report shoot. Jihyo has something to tell too. She’s gonna be shooting Where Is My Home with Mina. A show that finds the best features for a home.

Manager unnie then cues them. Some of the girls go in one by one falling in line. Meanwhile, Sana and Jihyo are side by side walking in together.