Privacy Act

Best Kept Secret

Sana has left. Tzuyu has flown back in the same day too. One of the foreigners has stayed, Momo. She is accompanying Nayeon.

The leader is waiting together with the two for some good news. A news that the hellish measure they’ve taken through Momo and Heechul’s setup dating isn’t in vain. The manager arrives to update them.

“Please tell us it’s a success”, Jihyo is hoping.

“Yes but…”

“But what?” Nayeon shoots up. With Momo’s sacrifice, Nayeon expects a fair exchange. No less than the stalker and his conspirators getting punished. The puberty twins hold on to the unnie.

The manager brings up the papers and tells them, “We got those cooperating with him.”

“As for HIM?” Nayeon receives the papers.

“That’s the most we could do for now”, the manager points to a sealed document. That of a restraining order.

Stalking has only merited police restraint, not apprehension. In the eyes of the Korean law, it isn’t a crime YET. As for the conspirators, they are liable to the Privacy Act.

JYPE releases a statement, “In an effort to protect artists’ safety and life, we have taken measures on the leaking, selling, or distributing of artists’ information.

We are verifying these information sales routes through several channels and we are constantly reviewing the likelihood and level of legal action based on confirmed information.

If personal information is breached due to illegal leakage and sale of information, the Privacy Act is violated which may be fined up to 50 million won or 5 years imprisonment.

In addition, if artist information is obtained by false method, it may be put to criminal offense. This may be fined up to 15 million won or 5 years imprisonment.”

Is there such thing as half victory? Is this fair to Momo’s sacrifice? Why do I still feel helpless… defeated? WHY?

The van is silenced but Nayeon’s mind is screaming. Vacation is the time to rest, to go out and see a different view. But with this subpar outcome, it seems Nayeon is the one getting imprisoned. Caged. Trapped in the family home.

Jihyo knows she couldn’t say anything to make the unnie feel alright. Mere words wouldn’t suffice. Tangible act is what’s needed. The van stops at Park residence. Jihyo alights and attempts to say a few.

“Unnie~ I will work something out for you.”

Nayeon smiles, “It’s okay Jihyo-yah. Don’t think much. Take this time to recover yourself instead.”

Jihyo shakes head, “This is the least I could do. Please wait for a few days.” She turns to Momo, “I know you should be in Japan soon but ‘til then…” Take care of Nayeon unnie.

Without having to complete the thought, Momo nods.

It got Nayeon curious. It’s a rare sight nowadays for the puberty twins to agree on something. The unnie mutters, “What’s Jihyo talking about?”

Momo knows Nayeon takes pride in caring for others instead of being taken care of. So, she brushes off unnie’s inquiry and changes topic quick, “Unnie let’s watch Disney!”

“Ah movies? Which one would you like first?”

Just like what she did a month ago, Momo goes to the Im residence. Back then in December, Nayeon was still hoping for things to be under control. Now, Momo has become someone else’s girlfriend.

Nayeon becomes even more driven to cater to the dongsaeng. She’s giving back as much help she received from Momo’s sacrifice. This of course includes sending messages to Once.

The unnie takes photos of Momo watching Disney’s Coco. To show this dongsaeng is nowhere near the reported boyfriend. Nayeon shares them on IG story and captions, “Watching Hyo-Coco right now with her.”

Hyo-Coco as in also referring to Jihyo’s Once Halloween costume. She who told Once to “just look at us”. Because the truth is found by looking at them. Not on Dispatch nor Market News; not even the companies.

Two days pass, Nayeon receives a call from the manager informing her of a sudden change in schedule. With this, Momo gets to go back to Japan.

January 16th—Nayeon arrives at the airport heading to Hawaii. Not for a vacation but for a solo shoot. She will be at the Cosmopolitan magazine’s March release. As this is an official schedule, she has security staff with her.

Well, it’s become a great excuse to get out and enjoy like the rest of the members. Jeongyeon, for example, has been visiting the drama location of When the Camellia Blooms sharing the view in Twicetagram.

They have their own ways to let Once know how they’re doing nowadays. Chaeyoung shortly chatted on the V app with an inspiration:

[Do all the things you want to do everyone]

[If not now, when will you do it]

[we all have our own hardships but, if you go through them while having fun, you can do it even if it’s difficult]

[I’ll also live working hard doing what I want to do]

Twice has their own burden to carry. But that doesn’t mean they can’t have fun. Momo, together with her sister Hana, later joins Nayeon in Hawaii spending the unnie’s extra days after the magazine shoot as a vacation.

Just when Twice are taking a breather, threats don’t seem to rest. Mina is at home when the doorbell rings. She takes a peek and as it turns, she has absolutely no idea who the guy is. Definitely, this is a stalker.

Mina calls the police. Later upon investigation, the guy is from Spain and that he didn’t acquire information illegally. He insists, it’s hard work following Mina’s distinguished father. The police send him to the airport making sure he has taken a flight home.

This has reached the rest of the girls. The media has picked up just as quick. So as not to worry everyone, Mina posted some selca on Twicetagram and greets a Happy Lunar New Year.

“Minari! How are you? Is this a good time to talk?” Chaeyoung sends this to her favorite unnie. She intends to get hold of her. Suddenly however, the kid rebel starts getting random messages and calls.

Apparently, Josh the notorious stalker has done another evil. He lauds his Spanish counterpart; reasoning that it’s only natural to make effort and confess to someone you like.

So, for everyone else who wants to do the same, he offers help to those who are liking the owner of the numbers he has obtained. His help comes in the form of posting them on the internet.

Chaeyoung, the owner of those numbers, is not the type to sit still. She later takes it to Instagram with just a photo of dark strawberry saying, “I think there’s a limit to waiting without saying anything, hoping for someone to stand down.

When the 11 numbers that may be insignificant were posted on the internet by someone with no consideration and respect, my phone was flooded with all kinds of calls and texts and I’m going through unnecessary hardship.

This does not only affect me but also, our precious members and other idols in the company.

I ask you to please think even for a bit just how people are exhausted, anxious, and having difficulty because of your thoughtless actions which, you simply package as interest and love.

Also, don’t cause insult to our fans who give healthy and proper support through your disguise.

I’m not someone who’s easily shaken by such issue. I’m not writing this because I can’t control my temper. I just want you to realize your faults. Such actions are shameful.”

It is unfortunate on Chaeng’s part but, this moment is something she could seize for the team. Without hesitation, the kid rebel submits the evidences of the offense as the stalker becomes liable to the Privacy Act.

Although the girls are apart, still in each of their vacation, they find themselves rooting for the brave maknae. “Wah~ Chaeyoung-ah fighting!”

Jihyo in awe thinks aloud, “Wah Chaeyoung-ah! Wish I could sue Dispatch too. Privacy Act? Pssh.” She laughs to herself.

No matter, the realizations from this break has regained her power. It isn’t enough to topple the ones behind Dispatch but, the leader isn’t eyeing their collapse anyway. Jihyo would rather put her energy to those that truly matter.

In two days, their vacation will be over. Jihyo has been preparing for a warm welcome. If she’s able to work out a plan for Nayeon then, the more she wants to pull something off for Sana. The person she’s most thankful to.

Keeping her productive momentum, Jihyo calls their props team; checking on her requests. She has also been coordinating with the stage team and choreography. The only thing left is to rehearse.

She exhales in satisfaction and says, “I’ll see you soon. My queen.”