First Crush

My own story

Have you ever wonder why you feel warm around that specific person? Like, even if it’s the mid winter, you can survive as long as you’re near that person? Have you ever thought how you can look calm outside while your insides are rioting out of control when you are with that person? Have you ever wonder why your heart rummages whenever that person looks at you? And lastly, have you ever wonder what it feels like for the said person to return these feelings to you?

 

That’s right. These feelings are 100% one-sided. I don’t know why I haven’t moved on yet.

 

 It’s been years since I first realized my feelings for her. Even my friends told me that there are still better people out there than her.

 

But until now I couldn’t find one.

 

 

“Mina-yah….. there you go again, zoning out.” Chaeyoung waved her hand in front of me.

 

Chaeyoung, unlike the others, is always there to listen to me.

She just listened. 

She never judged, insulted, or said anything bad to me nor to my special one whenever I talk (more like daydream or complain) about her.

She’s just there.

 

She’s always there.

 

 

“I’m sorry.” I chuckled. “I’m just thinking about what Sana and Momo said. About me finding a better someone out there.” I smiled.

 

She hummed.

“Well.......I don’t disagree about what they stated.” She took a bite of her fries. “and I don’t agree either.”

 

Here she goes again. No wonder she skipped levels with the other two, Tzuyu and Dahyun.

 

 

They are too mature(sometimes) for their age. If it weren’t for her cub-like look (she sometimes looks like a tiger, actually.) today.

 

This cub, along with the eagle and the yoda, are the perfect trio.

 

They helped each other improve their academic weakness by competing.

I don’t know what came to their minds, but they’ve been butting heads since they met each other in the playground.

Always doing some sort of competition but ended up being drawn due to some reasons.

They do keep competing with each other but don’t ever mess with one of them, you’ll meet two fuming duo ready to beat you up if not being strained by the other one. 

 

Anyhow, I still can’t believe that this kid is 2 years younger than me. Her wisdom about life, I swear.

 

“Mind to explain?” I asked while raising my eyebrow.

“I mean, that’s up to you to decide. Each person have their own definition of...... whatever that be. For example, for me, everybody is pretty." 

Sh raised her knuckle.

"Pretty kind, pretty funny, pretty strong, or just pretty." She said while each finger raise.

"You can’t just move on to their “better person”, and you can’t just go look for it. Just wait, and you’ll notice this “better person” you’ve been looking for.” She then flashed her signature smile. Her dimpled smile.

 

*tug* 

 

What The hell......... anyway.....

I really can’t keep up with this person’s mind. Yeah, I’m pretty confident about my knowledge, academically, not to this bull wushu master kind of knowledge.

 

“I’ve been waiting literally forever.” I stated as I bite into my apple.

 

Seriously, I can’t find another one for the past 3 years. I mean, who wouldn’t fall for the girl. Her charms are seriously lethal. Her tall, model like figure. Those orbs that feels like it holds the most mysterious things on earth. Her sharp jawline. But aside from her appearances, her kindness and caring nature. 

I don’t usually get attracted to people in romantic way. I am keen or observant to people.

That’s why when my eyes laid on her, I knew something is different, It’s like I’m blinded with everything.

It’s like everything is in slow motion.

She’s one of the people who appreciate everything.

She is talking to the old janitress when I saw her. Laughing and sharing her launch with her, like they’re mother and daughter.

 

She is too good to be true.

 

“Well, You just have to endure being the supportive actress for a while.” She laughed, then drank her strawberry milk.

“Seriously Chae? Strawberry milk?” ah, a tall yoda appeared.

“Says the one who who have choco milk for launch.” The dubu encountered while lifting the juicebox from Tzuyu’s tray.

“Shut up.” Tzuyu Hissed.

“Woah woah woah! Did I miss something?” – the cub amusingly smiled at the two as they settle down.

“This stupid eagle snitched me!”-Tzuyu then glared at the eagle.

“You didn’t tell me it was a secret Chae!” the eagle retorted.

 

Tzuyu then, glared at Chaeyoung.

 

“Seriously! Dahyun! I told you the last time you came home late from Momo’s!” the Cub growled

 

Tzuyu then smacked Dahyun at the back of the head.

 

“You and your whipped is gonna get us killed!? GAH!? Can’t you take your mind of your girl at a moment and use your stupid brain! UGH!? Now I can’t face her! What should I do! Should I run when she arrives? Argh! I give up, whatever.”

 

Tzuyu then angrily munched her lunch.


The three continued bickering.

 

 

Seriously, I can never get tired of these three’s arguments. It seriously is entertaining. So I just watched them quietly as I finish down my food.

 

“Hi guys! Can I sit with you guys? This is the only table with available sits” A sweet angel like voice suddenly appeared behind me.

Here we go again. This stupid heart started beating loudly again. 

 

“U-uh, Yeah! Sure.”

 

, why do you have to stutter Mina! Ah! This is so embarrassing.

 

“Sup Ostrich!” 

 

“Sup Cub! Hi Tzuyu, Dahyun.” She then sat beside me. YOU EFFING HEAR THAT! SHE. SAT. BESIDE. ME.


She then giggled. uwuuuuu those cute giggles, I’m soft.

 

“You messy eater.” She then cleaned the unnoticed ketchup on my cheek with her thumb. After that, she smiled at me and started eating her lunch.

 

Ah! My heart can’t take this anymore. 

“By the way, You guys saw the results? Seriously, you three, do you share your minds with each other? You guys are tied again, seriously, tied, 5 times, in a row. No wonder the professors let you take the exams on different days.”

Jeongyeon stated with amused face.

 

Instead of cheers of happiness, groans can be heard.

 

“Seriously, you two! Are you cheating?” Tzuyu started, once again.

“WHAT!?” The two stated in unison

“The you talking about? Ain’t you the one who should be cheating? Math’s not easy this time!” The Cub growled.

“I managed you midget! Or you forgot that you thought us the night we crammed? It’s the French Class that’s not manageable!” the yoda then shifted her gaze to the stuffed cheek dubu

“Arf fyu firyus! FYU FTOUGHFT FME-“

“SWALLOW! Eagle!” The approaching bunny scolded with the Thomas look aliked one.

 

I noticed the person beside me glow red. I know. She’s been crushing on her for months already. But what can I do? It’s her heart that chooses, and it didn’t choose me.

And it would never will.

 

“Sorry unnie.” Dahyun first bowed at the approaching Mothers of the three. Then Faced Tzuyu “YOU I-“

“Language.” The other mother figure of the three stated while sitting beside me.

“Sorry Jihyo unnie.” The eagly once again bowed, and faced Tzuyu once again. “YOU SERIOUSLY TAUGHT ME THE WHOLE MATERIALS AT THE CRAM NIGHT! IT’S THE CHEMISTRY THAT’S HARD!”-Dahyung sternly stated.


“NO! IT’S A PIECE OF CAKE AFTER YOU TAUGHT US THE BALANCING CHEMICAL FORMULA!” The Cub protested.

 

“They tied again didn’t they?” Jihyo asked while adjusting herzelf on the seat.

 

Jeongyeon and I could only nod while silently watching the three bicker.

 

Jihyo then sighed “Nayeon, the treats.”

“Coming right up.” The bunny then rummaged through her bag, and bring out 3 small lunch containers. Each labeled “SM” “CM” “C&C”

 

“Wait, Dahyun likes Cookies and Cream?” I curiously asked, since I never saw Dahyun drink one specific drink. She bring different drinks at lunch.

 

“Nope, That’s for Tzu, If you thought choco milk is hers, no. She just like that one specific drink of chocolate milk, but otherwise, it’s cookies and cream.”Jihyo answered like it’s the most obvious thing ever.

 

“What?” I’m really confused. “Wha-“

 

Before I could finish my sentence, I was interjected by Nayeon

 

“Alright, you three! If you all stop bickering until we finished launchtime you all gonna get these” she raised the containers treats.”

 

And the three stopped everything. Looked at Nayeon, then the container, and to each other. Like they had a mutual understanding, they all nodded at each other and sat down, and ate peacefully.

I swear, the power of these two holds. They’re literally the only ones who can control these three. What does those treats even taste to make them obey.

 

I unconsciously laughed a little at the scenario, I tried to hold back. I mean, who wouldn’t, they’re like wild animals, fighting, except not physically, earlier, and now, they look like the most behaved kids in the whole universe.

I also heard a slight snicker beside me. I looked and saw Jeongyeon holding her laughter. Which didn’t help me holding from bursting out.

“Seriously, Jeong, You wanna get buried alive? You know that these three hates being submissive!” I whispered.

“I’m sorry” She whispered back and snickered a little. “It’s Just that, pfft-“

“WHAT!?” The three whipped their heads at us, and glared.

“I’m SORRY! BWAHA I CAN’T HELP IT!” Jeongyeon bursted out laughing.

Ahhhh! Those laugh. That cute laugh.

 

“LISTEN YOU PIECE OF SHI-“

 

“Tzuyuu-yaaaaah~” a high pitched voice called lovingly from the distance

 

Tzuyu stunned and gulped. Suddenly, looks like the colors have been drained from her body.

 

“You are so gonna pay for this.” She glared at Dahyun, took the container marked c&c then ran off.

The owner of the voice arrived along with racoon. “Why did she have to run like that?” She pouted and sat beside the cub.

 

“Snakes bite, who wouldn’t run from you?” the cub encountered.

“AW!?”

She then touched her right cheek after being pinched.

“MY DUBUUUUU!” The raccoon then, settled down beside Dahyun and sidehugged her.

The lunch went on with laughter while spewing stories, here and there. Of course, not without the PDA of the couple. I can see that the cub playfully act like she’ll vomit everytime the other would kiss her partner. 

 

I kinda actually envy them. I would never, ever, experience that. Cuddling, stealing kisses, and hugging in public with your love one. 

 

I looked at her once again. Taking every detail of her face, like I haven’t done it for a thousand times yet. I can’t help but just smile at the view. I must be staring too much cause I was really surprised when suddenly, the cub stood up immediately, almost flipping her tray.

 

I looked at her and she just smiled, but I know that smile.

She can’t fool her emotion in front of me.

I’ve known her since my whole college life.

It’s not a happy smile or a playful smile.

 

It’s a sad smile.

 

“What's wro-"

 

“I just remembered. I still have something to do. Better get going. Haha.” She then immediately turned around and about to run when Jihyo called for her.

 

“Wait!”

 

She stopped from her tracks.

 

“Your treat.”

She then slowly turned around, and took the treat carefully, smiled and ran off.

 

“CUB! WAIT! Sorry baby, gotta go.” Dahyun then kissed her girlfriend, took her treat, thanked us and followed Chaeyoung.

 

“What just happened?” I asked but they just shrugged and continued eating.

 

They’re hiding something from me for quite a long time now.

I’ve bothered asking them but they didn’t budge. I know it’s something related to Chaeng. But they won’t tell me.

I suddenly felt gloomy. 

I hate how they knew something about my best friend (Yes, MY best friend, even If I met her when I was already at college.) and I don’t have a single knowledge about it. It just doesn’t sit with me. I’m really bothered by it.

The problem is, i don't know why I'm possesive of her.

 

Is it normal? Getting possesive of your best friend?

Time went on while those questions stucked in my mind and the bell rang.

 

I decided to ask the cub myself sometime later on.

 

 

 

------------

A/N GUYS, OUR GOD JIHYO AND KANG DANIEL IS OFFICIALLY DATING. WAAAAAH. I MADE THIS FIC WITH JIHYO PAIRED WITH WENDY. SO I GUESS IM INSERTING OUR KANG BOI LATER ON. HAPPY READING.