Stuck in Limbo

A Notebook Romance

*a few days later*

 

Jae-hwa's POV

 

You were glad things were finally cleared up with Joon. On the outside you felt happy, but there was this strange feeling inside of you. Joon did make you happy and you felt pretty damn good things were better but... what was this extra load inside of you? 

Walking into the cafeteria with your lunch, you could feel eyes on you. Several girls from random tables across the cafeteria were looking at you with disgust. 

 

Did I drop something on my shirt? Is something on my face?

 

That feeling inside of you started getting stronger, and the atmosphere got extremely uncomfortable very quickly. Looking around and not spotting Joon or the other guys, you headed over to an empty table to eat. 

 

'Oh my gosh... is THAT the girl Joon is with?' a voice nearby said.

 

'Ughh yeah. I don't even know why they're together. She thinks she can get away with things because she's a foreigner' you heard another voice reply. 

 

What the hell?! How rude...

 

'Yeah a foreigner that can speak Korean with a crappy accent. She looks like a to me... ew' the first voice added.

 

A ... REALLY?! Ughh these must be Joon's idiotic fans. Who knew they'd be this worked up. You then started thinking about your relationship with Joon. That strange feeling came back all of a sudden. The two of you seemed to have been on and off too many times. Maybe things were moving too fast. Maybe... you were too quick to forgive him. You felt like you were stuck in the depths of limbo. On one hand, you were happy and relieved that things were ok between each other but on the other hand you had some doubt about your relationship, yet you still wanted to be together. 

 

What exactly is our relationship? What... ARE we?

My feelings are all over the place... I don't know whether these so called 'fans', are getting to me or not but I think I should talk to Joon. I always get into trouble and I rely on him too much to save me.  I think we both need a little bit of space.

 

 

You got up and exited the cafeteria. All this ing was getting to you and some air would be good for you.

 

Seoul Arts High School was gorgeous. Especially the outdoors. The buildings were just so beautifully designed and you felt like you were in a futuristic city. Still being fairly new, you still didn't know where everything was so you decided to explore the library. As you were walking you saw someone run out and wave at you. 

 

'Jae-hwa!' They shouted happily. 

 

Who the hell is that now

 

The person ran up to you. As they did, you could see it was a familiar face.

 

'Ah Joon, it's you! I didn't recognise you coming out of the library!' you smiled.

 

'How come you didn't recognise me?' Joon questioned.

 

'Well... I just never pictured YOU going to the LIBRARY' you giggled.

 

'Y-yah! What do you mean by that huh?!' Joon asked, looking flustered.

 

'Oh it's nothing--' stopping mid-sentence to look above. You swear some sort of figure was moving about upstairs above the library. Oh well, it could've just been a passing student. 

 

'Hey what's wrong?' Joon asked, looking concerned. 

 

'Oh I thought I saw something. Never mind. Anyway, Joon I think we need to talk...' you said nervously, not knowing how Joon would react. Things had just started to get better, and you were suddenly proposing that you should give each other space? You didn't want to but it would benefit your relationship in the long term right? Even being friends for now would do you both some good. 

 

'Ok what did you need?' replied Joon. 

 

'Joon... you know I like you a lot right? Well, with everything that's been going on I just think we need to give each other some space. I feel things are moving to quickly. I get into so much trouble and rely on you too much to save me. I don't want to make your life harder, so let's just relax things arrasso?' you told him.

 

Joon's POV

 

Why did she want to have space suddenly? I suppose things had been up and down a lot between the two of you, so maybe a little space was the best option. It killed you to think she was feeling such intense emotions.

 

'Jae-hwa... you don't make my life hard at all, I mean it' you smiled grabbing her hands and caressing them lightly. 'I'll always be here for you, please don't feel burdened' 

 

'I know this is hard and I don't feel good about this either' Jae-hwa replied, caressing your hands back before gently pulling away. 'But I think it's best if we just give each other a break. Please know that I still like you'

 

'Of course. Well... I guess I'll see you around then' you said sadly, not wanting to make the situation awkward.

 

You walked away with a sunken heart, not knowing what to feel. You were gutted you couldn't hold her anymore, or even hold her hand. You just hoped the two of you wouldn't drift apart. 

 

Sorry for not updating... I just didn't know what to do with the story :'(

Not to worry I have found inspiration again (yes ikr it's about time too!)

 I will try to update more often, seriously haha~

Please look forward to future chapters ^^