Lunchtime Tension

A Notebook Romance

~Note: There is a bit of foul language in this chapter... so yeah be prepared XD~

And thanks to marisa566 for the chapter idea! ^^

 

Joon's POV

 

*RING!~*The bell had finally rung, after you waited for what seemed like an eternity. Why did life seem like it was stopping you from apologising to Jae Hwa? Maybe it was karma getting you back for attempting to hit her...

 

You bolted out of the classroom and tried to find Jae Hwa. You had to apologise to her, you had to make everything right between the two of you again. You missed her so much, and not being able to talk to her just killed you.

 

You looked around the cafeteria frantically, trying to spot Jae Hwa.

 

Where is that girl?! Please appear in front of me so I can make things right!

 

AHA! You finally spotted her at a table and immediately headed towards her. Just as you were about to approach her, someone held you back. It was Thunder.

 

'Hyung! Come sit with me and eat ok?' he said.

 

'Yah... Cheondoong, I'm kinda busy right now-'

 

'Come on hyung! Be nice to your dongsaeng!~' he interrupted, pulling you away.

 

I guess apologising will have to wait...

 

'Cheondoong, I really need to talk to Jae Hwa ssi...' you said sitting down.

 

'Why would you do that?' Thunder asked. 

 

What do you mean why? I-I... need to apologise to her...' you said sadly.

 

'I don't think you should do that' he cautioned.

 

'What's wrong with you today? Why shouldn't I, it's the right thing to do' you claimed.

 

'I think you should just stay away from Jae Hwa ssi for a while...' Thunder persisted.

 

'And what if I don't, huh?!' you remarked.

 

'It's just for her safety... I'm worried for Jae Jwa ssi and I'm afraid I can't let the two of you be alone. Who knows what you'll do next' he replied.

 

'You think I'd WANT to do that to her again?! Why would I want to hurt Jae Hwa ssi, I could never do that to her...' you argued.

 

'How can I believe you? Those are just empty words to me' Thunder retaliated.

 

'Yah Cheondoong, I don't know where all this attitude is coming from... but let me tell you, Jae Hwa ssi would be completely safe with me. I would never EVER do anything to her hurt... understand?' you announced.

 

'Pshhh, coming from the guy who would've hit her if I wasn't there to stop you...' Thunder remarked, rolling his eyes.

 

'WHAT DID YOU SAY?!' you raged, standing up and slamming your hands on the table.

 

'You heard right' Thunder spat.

 

'LISTEN YOU! I OUGHT TO-' you threatened, grabbing Thunder by the collar, and pulling him up close to your face. You stared into his eyes angrily, hoping to pierce a hole into his soul after his careless comments.

 

'What? You wanna punch me, just like you were about to do to her?!' Thunder yelled.

 

'DON'T YOU DARE SPEAK LIKE THAT AGAIN, YOU F***ING-'

 

'Yah, yah YAH! What's going on here?!' G.O. bellowed as he broke the two of you apart. Nearly everyone in the cafeteria was staring at the main centre of attention... you, including Jae Hwa.

 

Oh great... I must look like a real jerk now

 

'What are you two doing? Are you guys insane, why are you fighting?!' G.O. continued.

 

'Ask this jerk...' you spat, as you stormed out of the cafeteria. Great. Now another opportunity was blown and Jae Hwa must have seen the whole thing happen... You really know how to make a fool out of yourself Joon... and what was with Cheondoong, what the f**k was up his a** today?! He was never like this and now he was giving his hyung attitude! Pshh some nerve.

 

---------------

 

Jae Hwa's POV

 

School was over for the day and you were just about to go homw when...

 

'Jae Hwa ssi!' Thunder called, running up to you.

 

'Ne?' you replied, wondering what was up, especially after the incident with Joon at lunch.

 

'Do you wanna go get something to eat together?' he smiled.

 

Well... you were quite hungry, since you weren't on the mood to eat today at lunch...

'Ok then, let's go!' you replied.

 

You both arrived at a ddeokbokki restaurant. You had always wanted to try this since you had moved to Korea, and now you could!

'I've always wanted to eat deeokbokki! Thanks for bringing me here Thunder ssi' you said happily.

 

'Hahahhaha, that's ok, when I moved here from the Philippines, this is what I wanted to eat as well. Let's go inside shall we? Oh and by the way... don't call me Thunder, call me oppa arrasso?' he smiled as you both entered the restaurant.

 

Your ddeokbokki had arrive and you were both eating it deliciously.

 

'Oppa...?' you questioned. 

 

'Ne?' Thunder replied, with a mouthful of food.

 

'How is Joon oppa? Is he... ok? I'm just so worried' you asked.

 

'Oh.. Joon is fine.' he replied blankly.

 

'Oh... that's good' you said, starting to tear up.

 

'Oh... Jae Hwa ssi, are you alright?' Thunder asked sympathetically.

 

'I just.. miss Joon so much... it hurts not being able to talk to him' you confessed, with tear drops falling down your face.

 

Thunder got up and sat next to you, puting his arm around you. 'It's ok... it's ok, oppa is here for you' he assured you.

 

'...oppa is here for you' isn't that what Joonie said to you? Why was your heart aching so much? You cried into Thunder's shoulder, wondering why you were so weak, wondering why you broke down in tears at the very thought of never being able to see Joon again. Why had you fallen for him? Why had you picked up that damned journal?

 

After a good, long cry session, you finally sat up.

 

'Please don't cry Jae Hwa ssi... you look much prettier when your happy' Thunder frowned.

 

'Ne arrasso' you replied sadly.The both of you then started to talk. You felt happy for once, as you weren't thinking about Joon. Thunder made you feel happy, and you liked that. You also felt closer to him, for being able to confide in him. Maybe things would get better, with Thunder's help.

 

'I'm sorry for ruining your afternoon' you apologied.

 

'Aniyo! You didn't ruin it at all, we had fun!' he smiled at you. Gosh

Thunder's eye smile was so precious. He was so cute.

 

'Omo, even your shirt is wet now because of me... mianhe...' you continued, frantically trying to rub away the wet patch.

 

'Oh... I didn't even notice. It's ok it will go away soon.' he said, removing your hand gently.

 

You blushed. 'I think we should get going now, don't you? Let me walk you home. It's not good to walk around alone at this time' Thunder told you. You both stood up and exited the restaurant, Thunder insisted on paying the bill of course. He was such a gentleman.

 

You and Thunder were walking home happily. The fact that the two of you got close, so quickly was mindblowing. It was amazing how one little incident could change everything.

 

Joon's POV

 

Where is she?! Every time I want to talk to her, I can't find her! Aishhh, I'll just walk home alone then, you sighed.
You saw couples almost everywhere you walked, holding hands, kissing each other, smiling. You longed for someone you could do that with. Someone to hold hands with down the street, or someone kiss spontaneously. Jae Hwa wouldn've been the perfect girl to do ALL those thing with... except, you never had the chance to make it happen. You were only friends and now... now, what were you? What exactly were you to her?

 

There was one couple in front of you that just came out of a place that sold ddeokbokki. They looked really cute. But... wait. They looked familiar. No, it can't be anyone I know, I must be imagining things. Besides, it was getting dark, so you couldn't see them well anyway.

 

'How was your day today?' you heard the couple guy ask.

 

'It was the best, because I got to eat with you oppa!' the girl said cutely.

 

Wow, that guy must be lucky, she's really cute... Jae Hwa was cute like that... you thought. Wait. Jae Hwa was cute like that... could it be her? No. It couldn't.Come to think of it... that guy sounded like Thuinder too... UGHH SNAP OUT OF IT JOON! YOU'RE IMAGINING THINGS!

 

'Hahahha thank you Jae Hwa ssi, you sure are cute' the guy said.

 

JAE HWA SSI?! OMG IT WAS HER? and I bet that guy was Thunder. This guy really... he knew you liked her and now he was saying things like this to her?! Pshhh the nerve! IT'S WAR, YOU COWARD - JUST WATCH!

 

 

'It's War' lyrics again XD lol thanks for reading! ^^ Please comment and subscribe :)