ch 18.5

I Think my Roommate is a Model

The following week had been pretty easy going, Sojung sat in SinB’s classes whenever she didn’t have conflicting classes and bore all of SinB’s teases of slowly becoming a delinquent, SinB hadn’t run into any kind of trouble either.

Although SinB was certain that Yewon and Yerin who knew the most about her situation besides Sojung who already knows everything, neither girl had bothered her about it, leaving her feeling warm and happy about their friendships.

“They’re always so caring.”

“Who?”

Sojung was lazing around on the couch, her long limbs splayed across the length of the couch. SinB had noticed that now that Sojung didn’t have any more secrets from SinB, her true personality was starting to leak out. She wasn’t meek, she wasn’t bossy, but most of all, she wasn’t perfect. SinB grinned and hit Sojung’s shoulder lightly to make her scoot over a little, Sojung just faked hurt and moved over, the usual exchange nowadays.

“Just thinking about Yewon and Yerin.”

“Not Yuna?”

“Mm, I do think of Yuna unnie, but that unnie had her own problems to deal with, I’m glad she doesn’t have much time to deal with me.”

Sojung huffed a breath and leaned back into SinB’s shoulder, there was something about the tone of the sigh that made SinB get the impression that Sojung didn’t like what she just said, well, dislike or disagreement.

“You shouldn’t depreciate yourself.”

SinB grinned again, she had been right. Lately she had found reading Sojung’s body language to be quite the interesting activity. A tap on the shoulder when they were outside meant to scoot over on the bench SinB was sitting on, a ruffle of her hair when she was in the kitchen meant that she had made something that smelled nice all the way in Sojung’s room. These unique actions that SinB hadn’t experienced before keep causing happy sparks in her life. It was like SinB was learning how to be friends with people all over again and Sojung could see it.

Before, SinB hadn’t been all that smiley when outside, perhaps its because whenever Sojung saw her, she was either with her, or she was with Yewon or Yerin. But still, Sojung found that SinB was a little brighter than before but Sojung also couldn’t explain to anyone what that brighter meant besides the definition she understood by herself.

“Okay.”

“It’s not an okay, it’s a yes ma’am.”

“Yes ma’am!”

Sojung chuckled, the vibration of her lungs tickling SinB’s side as she scrolled down her list of classes in her phone. Registration for the next quarter was going to open soon, so she had started to look at them.

“Unnie have you been studying properly for your exams?”

“Of course, you see me doing my homework.”

“…don’t tell me you’re the kind to say that if you’ve done the homework and still didn’t pass the class it’s the professor’s fault.”

“Well, kind of and not really? Because, if the professor had assigned enough homework and taught the subject well enough, homework would be easy. If homework is easy, then the exams should be easy. But, it’s a kind of because I know that not all professors are great professors so self-studying is necessary.”

A small smile appeared on SinB’s lips as she thought how Sojung was also using the principle of nothing is perfect, the very thing she had used to describe Sojung, but in the negative manner rather than in the positive manner. SinB preferred the not perfect Sojung, because her laziness like she was displaying right now reminded her that this model was human, not just a face in a magazine.

Not that she was saying that Sojung’s, no, Sowon’s pictures weren’t realistic, but rather, SinB had her fingers itching to fix the angle on Sojung’s features and strangle whoever did the blurring during editing.

“Hey unnie?”

“Yeah?”

“When are you going back to work?”

“How great of you to bring this up. Tomorrow.”

“Eh? Immediate.”

“Of course, I had stormed out of my last job so I need to make things up.”

SinB fidgeted a little bit.

“Can I tag along?”

Sojung raised an eyebrow. Sitting up properly and looking at SinB seriously, Sojung took care to look SinB in the eyes to make sure she was being truthful.

“Why?”

“I-I wanted to see your workplace? I’m also curious about the professional studios a-and unnie you’ve seen my workplace!”

“I have?”

“Yeah! The tiny studio that I had to help Yewon’s class once? I may have been laid off because I skipped going in so many times over the past month, but I did work in that kind of environment for a short while!”

“Oh right, you had a job.”

SinB puffed her cheeks a little as Sojung laughed. That job had been pretty important to her, since it had been recommended to her by her professor, but even her professor told her that it was alright that it hadn’t worked out for her. She hadn’t really told the professor what had happened, since, professors don’t have the time to worry about every single student.

“I want to get a job soon…”

“I would agree only if it wasn’t a stressful one, one that doesn’t involve dealing with a lot of peo-“

“Can’t avoid the people.”

Sojung grumbled and nudged SinB again.

“Fine, you can start small though this time okay?”

“Yeah, I’ll do that.”

Maybe a coffee shop will do for now, it was almost finals week, so she could pick a job after their break.

“Ah, unnie what are you going to do with your break?”

“Mm, work? You?”

“I’ll just be stuck here and just relax. I’d get a job, but well, first break of the university life. I want to see what events happen here.”

“A good idea.”

SinB listened to Sojung’s breathing for a while as their conversation died away peacefully. The way Sojung was softly breathing was a little calming, and an indication that Sojung was relaxing, which meant that she was about to sleep.

“Unnie go sleep in your bed.”

“Mm.”

But Sojung didn’t move.

“If I go with you, will you move?”

“Mm.”

These days, just who was spoiling who anymore?

=============

kinda making a transition, just a little

also it's half as long because I didn't want to go back into the drama just yet :P

it's almost new years! leave the drama out until after!