ch 29

I Think my Roommate is a Model

“Just why do you dress the way you do if your sense of fashion is….”

“Terrible?”

Sojung looked at herself in the mirror of Yerin’s room, getting changed before going back to her room but not wanting to attract attention outside. Dressed in a nice white dress shirt that was not so large that it was dropping on her like her usual clothes but rather fit her shoulders perfectly and was covered with a nice light blue sleeveless sweater. Her collar was left open down enough to barely show off her collarbones and with that focus on her neck, she wore a nice necklace but not so nice that it would dazzle the average poor college student, but then again, those college girls put everything that wasn’t for tuition to look nice anyways, but not Sojung.

“More like god tier skills.”

“What?”

“I mean it’s perfect, unnie you were right when you said you didn’t want to stand out.”

Paired with black skinny jeans that showed off her beautiful long legs, to Yerin she was already a walking goddess on Earth. Her long black hair was tied up in a ponytail that showed off her nape as well.

“It wasn’t like I wanted to be this way.”

“Humble smumble, when you’ve got looks like this, it’s fine to do whatever you want to.”

Sojung chuckled and readjusted her collar, she had decided to go casual with the style, since she wasn’t supposed to be going anywhere today. If she went in all fashionista and unique like she could, she’d probably scare SinB off. She did plan to take SinB out for dinner, but maybe only to the cafeteria or with Yewon and Yuna. Yerin said she had another team dinner to attend with the rest of the RA crew so only she was going to be going back to her dorm alone.

“Good luck unnie! At the least, I hope you have fun and relax.”

“Thanks, I’ll try to.”

Walking the hallway down to her door, Sojung ignored the few stares from their passing by neighbors who probably were wondering who she was and how she got in and most of all, why she was standing in front of the door of one of their most poorly dressed residents. Taking a deep breath and unlocking the door, she really hoped that SinB was home because it would be really REALLY awkward if she went in and no one was there and then have to wai- SinB wasn’t home.

Walking around the living room and made sure that SinB wasn’t napping under her blanket in a small lump or something, Sojung sat on the couch in defeat. Of course, SinB would be out, she herself didn’t say when she would come back, nonetheless why should SinB wait for her to return? Sighing deeply, Sojung relaxed into the couch. All she could do was to recover the sleep that she had been lacking since early morning, since all her preparations for tomorrow’s classes were already complete. Closing her eyes and resting her head on the back of the couch, she drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

 

 

Thinking about what Yewon and she had been talking about recently as more and more of her insecurities start to look silly in the face of logic and common sense via Yewon’s validation, SinB slowly walked her way back to dorm. She finally got the last textbook for her general history class and to be honest, she really didn’t like that it was a textbook that was written by the professor and the title had this quarter and year engraved into it, making it seem like it would be useless next quarter or year, selling it back to someone would be near impossible since it would be irrelevant and the professor would republish with a new title and then demand that the students get the latest editions. Swinging her bag a little as she finally crossed the road from the university bookstore which by the way was the only place that sold this professor’s book otherwise she would go to a second hand bookstore and hunt for a cheaper price, the dorm building finally came into view.

“Oh? SinB?”

Hearing her name, SinB turned around and found that Yerin was in a neat party dress and had a group of other girls who were waiting on her.

“Did you go out SinB?”

“Ah yea, after you guys left, I went to lunch with Yewon and then went to find my last textbooks.”

The slight surprise in Yerin’s expression made SinB wonder if there was something wrong but Yerin just grabbed her shoulders and gave them a slight squeeze.

“When you go back, be a little nicer to Sojung unnie okay?”

“Eh? Did you make her angry?”

“No! No no, but remember she’s tired and well, maybe I made her a little more tired.”

“Oh, should I take her to dinner then? Or should I make it for her?”

The surprise that Yerin showed was also very uncomfortable for SinB. What was she missing? As a considerate roommate, she was just going to go for dinner with the other person she was living with, that much should be normal.

“Ah! You really should take unnie out to dinner!”

“O….kay?”

The enthusiasm that Yerin showed her was starting to get scary.

“Unnie are you planning something?”

“Planning? Nothing because I’m going to a gathering for the RA crew, if you really want to I’d bring you along, since you’re a cutie and I’m sure plenty of people would be nice to talk to there.”

Backing away from Yerin’s passive aggressive invitation, SinB knew that the answer that Yerin wanted to hear was “no” pretty easily.

“I get it unnie, I’ll do my best to make sure that Sojung unnie rests.”

=================

Half as long because I'm really sleepy

maybe tomorrow if I sleep enough I'll do another to finish this weeks update

but in the case I don't get to, next time, SinB finally asks Sojung to dinner and gets flustered by how much attention they attract. Also, forgive me for just describing Sowon's outfit from her weekly idol collab because ya girl aint got no fashion sense :P