ch 27

I Think my Roommate is a Model

SinB blinked as she chewed her brunch, Sojung had ordered them some Chinese takeout, but what was catching SinB’s attention was that there were three people seated at the table.

“How’s uni life SinB ah?”

“Um, alright I guess? Did we have a scheduled counseling session Yerin unnie?”

“Nope!”

Sojung quietly kept her eyes on her own area of the table, pretending not to be listening to their conversation, a pinch in her side though, brought her gaze back up.

“And you Sojung unnie, are you doing alright aside from your job?”

“I guess so.”

Yerin hummed with her bright smile and crescent eyes, she still hadn’t explained why she was here, but there was also no reason to send her away as it was the last Sunday of their vacation, with the next day as the first day of the new class sessions.

“Now, when I see you two outside, I found that there was a little distance between your two so I got a little worried.”

SinB furrowed her eyebrows.

“Distance?”

Sojung just looked away, which earned her another pinch in the side, Yerin coolly gave her a half glare with a smile that SinB missed.

“Are you two fighting? Or is something stopping you two from walking side to side like before?”

“Eh? We’re….not fighting are we unnie?”

“Nope. Not fighting at all.”

Yerin raised her eyebrows and Sojung attempted to scoop all her rice into at once to show that she couldn’t speak. SinB still ate her food slowly wondering what it could be that Yerin was seeing that she couldn’t. If she thought about it, it was true that they had talked less outside, though when in the safety of their shared apartment, they still had the same amount of conversation as before about daily necessities and just day to day chitchat. If Yerin said that they were talking less, then they must be, because she trusted Yerin as their RA and she seemed as though she had lots of experience with chatting with the students. Then what were they doing that resulted in less talking? Though to SinB, it felt like she was talking a lot already.

“Did you make any new friends when I wasn’t around?”

Sojung shook her head which Yerin’s smile faltered a little bit but she turned to SinB across the table and SinB had to say yes. There was someone that Yerin didn’t use to see often in her company and that was Eunha.

“Who are they?”

“Um, she’s my childhood friend who I finally made up with over our last fight I guess.”

“Oh.”

Judging from the reaction, SinB guessed that there was something special about what she said that made the response a little different than what she expected, which was something that maybe had more tone to it. Before she could think more on it, Yerin spoke up again.

“Well, if you made up, then that’s great. Sojung I need to talk to you.”

Sojung looked at her as if to say, right here? But Yerin signaled towards Sojung’s room, meaning it was to be private.

“Don’t worry, it’s not about your job.”

SinB watched, confused at why Yerin mentioned Sojung’s job and that she had to be left out, maybe there was a secret? Turning back to her fried rice, SinB did her best to finish her brunch without feeling too lonely.

Yerin closed the door behind her and Sojung sat down on her bed as Yerin then stood in front of her.

“I need an explanation.”

“What kind of? What about?”

Yerin crossed her arms and hummed as she thought about how to word her questions nicely.

“Your health is fine yes?”

“Of course.”

“But you’re making uncomfortable faces whenever you think SinB’s not looking.”

“Huh?”

Yerin moved and sat down next to Sojung.

“Unnie, I know you would never hate on your roommate, so tell me, are you the type to get too serious about relationships?”

“That would depend on the kind of relationship.”

“What’s your thoughts on love then?”

Sojung shifted uncomfortably, she was caught by the RA whom she in comparison rarely talked to? Rubbing the back of her neck, Sojung wondered what to say.

“I assume that I’ve hit your weak spot. Unnie, I know that you make SinB much happier than before you know?”

“So? I’m her roommate, I keep her from becoming too lonely.”

Yerin’s sigh made Sojung look away, she couldn’t make a face innocent enough to fool this person.

“Fine, you love her, and she doesn’t know.”

Sojung choked a little and blamed her now coloring cheeks on the strain in her breath. Yerin just patted her back apologetically.

“I mean, it’s great, you have someone that you love, you know?”

“Haaaa….and why would you tell me that you know this?”

“Because even I can tell that someone’s presence is in the way.”

“Are you trying to be cupid?”

“Don’t people do this a lot in uni anyways?”

Her smile just had Sojung defeated. Perhaps she had looked at tv dramas a little too lightly, there were people actually in university that really played matchmaking. Well, it made sense, this was the last place where you could make the most connections with people around your age before getting into the world of adults and colleagues of work.

With a heavy sigh, Sojung put her face in her hands.

“Do what you please.”

“You mean I’m right?”

“Huh?”

“I was totally just guessing your reaction when you were around SinB’s I guess childhood friend, I mean, no offense but isn’t she like sticking excessively close when you’re around?”

Sojung just nodded as Yerin continued to talk, of course she had to walk into a trap that exposed her inner feelings. Hopefully, Yerin wouldn’t be doing anything too extreme.

“So, unnie, you free to go shopping with me like right now?”

“Does that include SinB?”

“Oh no, just you and me. Come on, I’ll take you somewhere relaxing.”

Sojung could only worry about her future.

“Hey SinB! Me n Sojung unnie are gonna go on a date okay? Be a good girl and get ready for school tomorrow okay?”

SinB looked at the two of them leaving the apartment with wide eyes.

“Eh?”

=================

mm half the usual chapter length because I thought it would be better to cut the chapter here first, next up, Yerin's plan on how sowon wins SinB's heart

please, don't let it be roses xD hahaha