ch 33

I Think my Roommate is a Model

Sojung had finished her lunch and finished pinning her updated schedule for classes on the back of their main door and sat down on the couch. Refreshed and hair still slightly damp from her morning shower, Sojung sighed to herself. SinB was due to come back in around five minutes and she really hadn’t thought too much about what she was going to do. She knew she had to prepare not to perhaps, cry? At least, not bawling, since that would make the other uncomfortable and maybe pity her and make it hard to reject her. SinB was nice like that, that if Sojung had probably pulled a sad move, SinB would hesitate, which was wrong. If SinB didn’t like her romantically, then she had no choice but to give up asking her out today.

Of course, there was the better side of things, that even if SinB rejected her today, she could still chase after her and maybe SinB would eventually fall for her, or even better, SinB didn’t see her like an older sister, but as another person capable of being her partner. Realizing that she had started to smile to herself when thinking about maybe dating SinB, Sojung sighed and rubbed her face, removing the smile on her lips.

The door clicked.

“Unnie? I’m home.”

“Welcome back.”

SinB took off her shoes and set down her backpack by the door, seeing Sojung on the couch watching her, she took a deep breath and boldly walked over and sat down next to Sojung, but not quite making eye contact. Not really having the nerves to look at Sojung directly, SinB twiddled her fingers as she stuttered to start a conversation.

“U-um unnie?”

Sojung did her best not to stare at SinB, but it was hard to tell what she was thinking without looking for her expressions that could tell her what SinB was feeling.

“Yes?”

“I-I, y’see unnie I…”

SinB turned to Sojung, trying her best to put her thoughts out there, but they kind of got stuck in when she properly saw how Sojung was dressed and at close proximity. The light from the windows seemed to exist only to frame Sojung’s slightly messy appearance, her hair damp and shirt slightly askew, showing off her right collarbone. Sojung was a model, of course she would look perfect even when she was a little messy.

“You?”

“I-….”

Getting the feeling that her words were going to fail her, but she absolutely needed to say something to Sojung in order to get her intentions across, SinB blanked out. Sojung stared, waiting for about twenty seconds before realizing that SinB must have frozen from nervousness.

Leaning a little closer to look SinB in the eyes where they had unfocused, Sojung held SinB’s cheeks.

“Back away now if you don’t like this.”

SinB dumbly nodded, her eyes wide like an alarmed bunny. Sojung moved even closer, feeling SinB tense. Slowly closing her eyes as she was leaning in the rest of the way, Sojung noticed that SinB had shut her eyes as well. Right before reaching where she had started to go for, Sojung kissed SinB’s cheek.

“Do you understand?”

SinB opened her eyes and looked up at Sojung who was still very close. Looking down because of her nervousness, SinB managed to hold Sojung’s hand that was against her cheek, although slightly trembling.

“SinB?”

Sojung shifted her hands away from SinB’s cheeks and turned to hold SinB’s hand that had held her’s SinB seemed to be thinking about something and Sojung fully intended to wait for SinB to think as long as she wanted, but SinB finally looked up and very hesitantly and very cutely, stumbled over her words.

“Thyatwush- I mean-“

Unable to hold herself back too much upon seeing that SinB didn’t hate it, Sojung pushed forwards and kissed SinB’s on the lips firmly. Trapping SinB against the couch with her arms, one hand on the backrest and the other holding down SinB’s hand that only flinched once before squeezing. As Sojung was moving back, SinB’s other hand came up and held the front of Sojung’s shirt, pulling back into their second kiss.

 

 

Now sat peacefully further apart from each other, Sojung was blushing, but not as hard as SinB was who looked about as red as a drunk.

“I didn’t mean to…attack? You…”

“It’s okay.”

Sojung took a deep breath.

“Okay, let’s say it clearly. I’ll go first.”

“Okay.”

They were both fidgeting in their spots and SinB was feeling oddly excited just from that small exchange.

“I, Kim Sojung, like you in a romantic sense.”

SinB nodded and Sojung smiled a little at how cute she was.

“I like you in a romantic sense too.”

“Okay, and I’d like to ask you something.”

“Yes.”

“I would like, to ask you, to be my girlfriend.”

SinB was a little worried for a second, but the thumping in her chest wasn’t going to let her lie and hide behind her fears. In fact, she was certain that anyone who could hear her heartrate would absolutely tell her that she would be a coward not to answer.

“If you would want me to, yes.”

Sojung grinned.

“What does that mean silly?”

“W-well, I mean, if you’re okay with me. You know, you’re a model, aren’t your standards usually higher?”

Sojung relaxed into the couch and lay her head back against the headrest, looking at SinB sideways with a smile.

“Oh yes it is high, but guess who fits?”

“Eh?”

“You.”

Watching SinB look away to hide her embarrassment was something that Sojung could get used to, it made her want to more.

“Come on, stop looking away and give me a hug.”

SinB, still terribly nervous, got up and sat down next to Sojung, but instead of hugging her, SinB kissed her on the cheek before doing so.

“Hehehe, I like you a lot SinB ah.”

It was still too early to say “love”, at least, that’s how Sojung thought.

“I-I like you a lot too.”

Giggling as Sojung squeezed her in a ticklish hug, SinB breathed a small sigh of content.

====================

ohmaygod someone tell me I did well, I was extra extra nervous when writing this to make sure it felt right and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

tmi but I learned that for a tiny person like myself, one can of 6% alcohol beer is enough to make the world kind of sway, someone told me one can wasn't enough to get drunk <_<, this means that I've been pretty realistic with the use of alcohol in my stories after all :P take that!