ch 25

I Think my Roommate is a Model

SinB wandered the apartment absentmindedly, she had just finished preparing for the next semester’s classes and had also finished a little self-reflection in her room. The thoughts in her mind that had bothered her so, she decided not to act on any of them. Feeling weird around Sojung? Don’t be weird around Sojung. Caution towards Eunha? Forget the previous cautions. This was the best possible way to deal with anything that gets thrown towards her, and she was feeling proud that she was able to think this way instead of getting depressed even further. Take things in stride, but at her own pace.

Finding the door to Sojung’s room open, SinB wondered whether the older was still awake despite just coming back from home and missing each other since SinB was in the shower then. They had shared a small greeting when Sojung came out to clean up but even then, there wasn’t much that either had to talk about, but it didn’t feel weird as in frosty or hostile. They were both just doing their own thing.

“Unnie?”

SinB peeked in, but Sojung was on her bed, asleep? But what caught her eye was that Sojung had left her laptop open and the screen was still on. She couldn’t see what was on the screen since it was tilted back. Thinking to go and close Sojung’s laptop for her to save its battery, she quietly stepped in. When reaching the desk, SinB really had to stop and stare.

Left on her screen, was Sowon’s photoshoot, or at least, what SinB assumed the beautiful picture was from. She wasn’t looking at the lens, but she also didn’t look like she was looking at someone that could have been at the set. Perhaps she was looking at someone who wasn’t there, finishing her very brief thoughts on the image, she closed the laptop before she was going to indulge in her love for photography and be considered intruding on personal privacy. Noticing the tape on the usb, SinB had to blink.

So that’s how she looks when she’s longing for someone.

Quietly pulling Sojung’s blanket over to cover her lightly, just enough to make sure that the taller didn’t catch a cold, SinB exited her room.

“What should one do if they’ve developed feelings SinB ah?”

SinB blinked in surprise at Eunha.

“You have a crush on someone?”

Eunha blushed a little but patted her hand lightly. They were meeting up for a quick breakfast before planning to go shopping together but meeting up with Yewon and Yuna for that at the entrance of said mall.

“Maybe. But say the other person doesn’t like me.”

“How can you say that for sure?”

Not that she had anything to back that statement up, but she was maybe a little curious of her childhood friend. Eunha absentmindedly played with SinB’s right hand, this reminded SinB of how they were before, just the same but with no bad memories.

“Well, you know how I’m the type to take care of people.”

“I guess so.”

“I just, I wasn’t there for them when they needed me the most and I think they probably wouldn’t think of me much.”

“Uh huh.”

That sounded rough, but SinB wasn’t the person in question, so she couldn’t know how bad the situation must have been when they needed Eunha. It did tickle her a little that it sounded like her, but Eunha even when she was talking about her situation, Eunha hadn’t reacted at all, so there was no way that it was her.

“Well, unnie, all I can say is if you don’t try, you don’t know, not that I can say anything about that.”

Eunha pouted and leaned her cheek on SinB’s shoulder, it no longer felt unnatural for this kind of skinship and felt that she should thank Eunha somehow for being so pushy about helping her.

“Hey unnie?”

“Yeah?”

“Thanks for not abandoning me a second time.”

There was a pause, was Eunha holding her breath? SinB just hummed when Eunha kind of scooted a little closer.

“Y-you’re welcome Bi-ah.”

Sojung looked out the window of the coffee shop she was sat in. When SinB had left in the morning to go meet up with her Eunha, Sojung had decided that she was going to do that photobook. Which was why she was at this coffee shop, getting a good dose of caffeine and a quiet place to hide in a corner and plan out what she wanted to accomplish with this.

However, as she sat down with her planner and guideline from the company on picking what to do, she was stuck looking at a list of possible photographers. Of course, the first person she thought of was the girl who was hanging out with her friends today, the same girl who had a huge passion for photography, the same girl whom she had developed feelings for. If SinB was the person behind the camera, wouldn’t it be easier to express this longing theme that she wanted to do.

But, how easy would it be for SinB to figure that out if she were looking at her through her lens? This wasn’t just a confess and give up kind of deal. She knew that SinB had troubles with her love interest in the past. It was the worst thing that she could do, to cause that girl any more pain that she had already experienced.

Rubbing the bridge of her nose, she tried pushing that girl out of her thoughts and properly looked over the photographers and their usual work style as she had to consider matching either to their schedule or her own.

Working through a loose guideline, Sojung did her best in picking out color themes and perhaps locations or fake locations to build and prepare to shoot for. After two hours of working as seriously as she could, Sojung was already on her third drink, as she restricted how much caffeine and sugar she had, they had been tea and juice. Rubbing her face, feeling a little down, Sojung lay her head in her arms on the table. Even if she wants to stop thinking about her roommate, she couldn’t. Groaning and wanting to whine, she packed up and started to walk home.

The afternoon was a little chilly and Sojung realized belatedly that she had missed lunch. SinB had probably finished eating lunch with Yewon and the others, now continuing with their small shopping day. Kicking the sidewalk, a little as she waited for the crosswalk light to change, she was bumped into by some random dude who then proceeded to try and pick her up.

“Hey, sorry about bumping into you, you okay?”

“I’m fine.”

“Are you sure? You seem a little lonely.”

“I’m not.”

Sojung stared forwards slightly annoyed that she had accidentally spoken instead of straight out ignoring this guy.

“For such plain clothes, you’ve actually got a cute face.”

“…”

The light changed and she walked forwards, not exactly wanting to go back home yet, she continued going down the street.

“Hey, where are you going?”

“…”

Gripping her messenger bag, Sojung just pushed forwards.

“Hey, I’m talking to you.”

He grabbed her shoulder and Sojung turned around with her best glare.

“Back off.”

Stunned he did take a step back, but of course to her terribly hidden beauty, this only caused him to follow her even further.

“You’re cute even when you’re glaring.”

“I’m calling the police.”

This finally got this fly to leave her alone, but Sojung now found herself at the entrance of the nearby shopping mall that SinB and the others were currently shopping at. Does she go in and make an excuse if they run into each other? Shaking her head, Sojung marched in. She was here to check what was popular in clothing these days, as well as to research what was considered “girlfriend” outfits. Work related, totally not here because she was missing SinB or anything. Definitely not because she was reminded how people usually pick up girls on the street and that she had no hope for trying to pick up the one girl that she was closest to at the moment.

Staring at the clothes on each mannequin and the posters around displaying the clothing that was being sold in the store, Sojung sighed. She should probably just go to the office and work there instead. The boring and silent atmosphere there would be enough to stop her hormonal thoughts. Trudging out of the shop and moving towards the exit of the mall, she was halted by a small familiar voice.

“Sojung unnie?”

Turning around slowly but trying not to look guilty, she looked behind her.

“Hey, SinB.”

SinB was holding hands with Eunha and Yewon and Yuna were nowhere to be found.

“Where’s Yewon and Yuna?”

“They left first. Unnie what are you doing here?”

“Um…. researching.”

SinB blinked but a small smile formed and Sojung breathed a silent sigh of relief.

“Unnie will you join us then?”

“Uh… I was going to go? What are you two doing now?”

She could feel someone looking at her very carefully, and well it was very easy to see that Eunha was uncomfortable around her.

“We were going to get coffee before going back to the dorms.”

Sojung could have swore that someone was messing with her. Of course they were going to get coffee, after she had already stayed at that very coffee shop for two hours.

“Um I’ll-“

“Sojung ssi you should really come.”

Raising an eyebrow at Eunha’s proposal, what did she want?

“I wanted to get to know you better too, since you’re always there for Bi.”

Aha……Sojung let herself get pulled by SinB, who declared that it would be more fun with more people. Now Sojung was going to get a fourth drink during the staff’s shift.

“Unnie?”

“Oh, hm?”

Sojung was sitting across from SinB and Eunha, who were drinking their refreshing cold whatever topping whatever sugar coffees and Sojung sat there with as bland a drink she could have ordered to maintain her nutrient levels once again.

“You seem distracted today.”

“I’m just tired.”

Eunha hooked an arm around SinB’s and leaned forwards.

“Are you working part time already? The term hasn’t started yet.”

“Ah, I’ve had the job since the beginning of the school year, I decided not to take a break during this school break, Eunha ssi.”

“Can we drop the honorifics between us first? I feel like that would bring us closer faster.”

“Alright.”

“So, Sojung unnie, what do you think of SinB?”

This caused two reactions, one from Sojung whose hand closed slightly into a fist and SinB who was just stunned by the boldness itself.

“Um Eunha unnie, what are you doing?”

“I was just wondering if there was anything you might be hiding from me.”

“Oh.”

Sojung relaxed a little more.

“Nothing out of the ordinary? SinB has stopped having nightmares lately is all I can note.”

“Nightmares?”

Eunha immediately turned to SinB and seemed even closer than earlier, when did she scoot over? Sojung sipped her practically water only juice.

“Bi ah you never told me you had nightmares.”

“Well, it’s not like you could stop them unnie, they come when I’m asleep, can’t really do much about that.”

Eunha seemed to pout and Sojung was getting more and more uncomfortable. She knew that SinB liked Eunha before, so she was really wondering Eunha’s stance and whether SinB still liked her, but the thought seemed a little difficult to accept since SinB had struggled so long to become this friendly with Eunha again.

“I’d still worry.”

“Okay.”

Sojung squinted a little, there was still a tremble in SinB’s voice sometimes. Then she also reprimanded herself, she was paying too much attention to SinB’s everything to be able to pick that out of one word. Now how is she supposed to get through the rest of this.

============

hmmmmmm I feel like I might need to tweak the pacing but otherwise, you see what I'm going for here yes? I'm cruel :D