ch 32

I Think my Roommate is a Model

SinB did her best to lay still as Sojung slept snuggled up against her with an arm over her waist. She had tested moving a little and it was certain that Sojung was deeply asleep as she made no reaction unless SinB tried to remove her arm, which also meant that SinB was trapped here and must sleep here for the night.

Since she wasn’t sleepy in the slightest, this made for an exceedingly difficult night to be stuck next to a woman that apparently loved her. Love in which way, SinB wasn’t sure, she wasn’t able to ask. The next morning, they had classes to attend and thinking about it, SinB wondered if that crossed Sojung’s mind when she decided to buy alcohol after dinner. It also wasn’t that late at night yet, being just 10:30pm so SinB wasn’t worried about waking up in time for her class which was at 11am, but more so that Sojung would have a headache and not remember anything that happened tonight. For SinB, she really hoped that Sojung would remember, since then, talking about it would be much easier.

SinB covered her eyes with the back of her free hand and sighed. Thinking about it, she felt accomplished for not panicking and deciding that it would be best to talk things out. After all, past experience with talking to Sojung had turned out well and she had no reason to doubt her. But then again, the topic was about the “forbidden” love that she had come to give up. There was a chance that even though they lik- hold affections for each other, the relationship wouldn’t work out.

But all relationships were like that.

Opening her eyes and looking down to where Sojung was nuzzled against her, she could hear Sojung’s soft breaths but with how her face was pressed into SinB’s chest, SinB couldn’t see her expression. What if she ignored what general society saw, what if it did turn out well? She did wish that good things would happen to Sojung, she did want to make her smile. It felt as if she could trust Sojung with anything, then if Sojung could accept her….supposedly everything…then…but also for Sojung who was such a wonderful person, to be with herself?

SinB sighed and turned slightly towards Sojung.

“What should I do?”

Hugging Sojung a little closer, SinB decided not to think anymore, at least, not alone. A relationship is a two-part agreement after all, she shouldn’t be deciding everything by herself.

 

 

Sojung woke up first, a dull pressure could be felt in her head, but she wasn’t completely hungover. She did take into consideration how drunk she would be when she finished the can that she had bought after all. The soft rhythm of SinB’s heartbeat made her remember where she was and upon shifting a little, she found that SinB had her arms around her head. She smelled nice and Sojung enjoyed being held. Since she wasn’t completely drunk beyond comprehension last night, she still had memories of what she ended up doing. Groaning softly, Sojung internally shamed herself.

Stupid! Why would you confess when you couldn’t be taken seriously?

Even if she were to say that she meant it, SinB could just take it as a drunken confession, not a serious one. That one hit would destroy her self-confidence.

A wake-up alarm rang and Sojung jolted out of shock, she didn’t know what time it was, only that it was morning with the sunlight barely peeking into the room. SinB didn’t seem to be woken by Sojung’s sudden reaction but murmured slightly and blindly reached for her phone. Wanting to move away before SinB completely woke up, Sojung let go of SinB’s waist and tried to roll away, but before she could move far enough, SinB’s arm had finished hitting the snooze and came back to pull Sojung close again.

“….five more minutes…”

Finding herself pressed up against SinB’s chest again, Sojung started to blush. She hadn’t thought of anything about her position since she had woken up there, but for some reason, being brought back to the place closest to SinB’s heart, was somewhat….well she was thinking in the wrong direction too early in the morning.

Clearing her mind and deciding that they should get up, she tugged on SinB’s arm to wake her, she gently shook the younger awake.

“SinB ah? SinB ah, wake up.”

“Mn?”

“SinB ah, it’s time to get up.”

SinB blinked her eyes slowly and Sojung stared.

“Cute.”

“Eh?…um…good morning unnie.”

“Ahem, sorry, good morning.”

They stayed in each other’s arms awkwardly for a few more seconds before both releasing their hold on each other. Slightly embarrassed and unsure how to respond to this kind of morning, they stiffly separated and SinB went to the bathroom. Sojung released a breath that she had been holding and held her head in her hands as she sat up.

“Ahhhhh…..I slipped again.”

Grumbling to herself quietly, Sojung made sure to check her schedule again for her classes and get ready for the day waiting for her turn in the bathroom. Even though she was moving about setting out the things she needed for each class that she would grab when she came back between them, she still couldn’t forget the moment of when SinB was just awoken and her beautiful eyelashes as she blinked slowly.

Blushing by herself, Sojung heard the door to the bathroom open.

“Um, unnie?”

“Y-yea?”

“C-can we talk after lunch?”

“Okay.”

“I-…I’ll head to class now. Um, you don’t have a headache, do you?”

“No no, I’m great.”

“Okay.”

Standing there, kind of stupidly but also ridiculously cute when she was worrying over Sojung but also needing to go to class, SinB finally left the apartment after her moment of hesitation.

Sojung looked up at the ceiling and sighed. So, they were going to talk after lunch. Of course, SinB must want to talk about that after all?

There was no avoiding it. Sighing to herself again, “Sojung ah, it’s time to prepare for a rejection.”

======================

well, I guess preparing for the worst is important too

not everyone's an optimist after all :)