ch 22

I Think my Roommate is a Model

SinB lay awake, tucked into Sojung’s side. Having been spooked at the possibility of a ghost, she had desperately refused to be alone for the night, which was why she had the luxury of thinking to herself until she would fall asleep, while listening to Sojung’s soft breathing. It hadn’t been obvious when Sojung had come through the entryway that she was tired, but the speed at which she fell asleep told otherwise, making SinB wonder how Sojung was able to joke with her still. She had figured it out when Sojung smirked, that she was probably just messing with her, maybe wanting to see her scared and the like. But Sojung had still let SinB get into her blankets and sleep next to her.

Unable to figure out the reason why Sojung would want to spook her, she settled on the idea that her face probably was fun to look at when she was scared or something like that and rolled onto her other side, staring at Sojung’s side profile.

Sojung usually slept on her side, at least, the few times she went to wake Sojung because her alarm was ringing but she wasn’t coming out of her room yet and the one time she had slept in her bed before showed that. Tonight, Sojung was sleeping flat on her back, the blanket pulled up just to her collarbones as she kept one hand holding the edge of it. SinB thought she looked cute that way, the position was similar to that of a child’s way of sleeping, but her natural beauty was still bewitching to the eye.

SinB closed her eyes, willing herself to at least rest her eyes before sleep came. This was normal for her, to wait at times to let sleep come, usually it was because there was an unwillingness to fall asleep, since all that she would see would be nightmares. SinB blinked open her eyes again, unable to even spend the concentration to keep them closed.

There was a small shuffle of the blanket and Sojung murmured a little in her sleep, her hand that was under the blanket moved as if it were searching for something. Slightly ticklish and embarrassed at where Sojung was accidentally touching her at her waist, SinB held Sojung’s hand. Perhaps holding something would fulfill her desire to find something, was her train of thought and it had worked as Sojung stopped moving around, only turning her head to the side with a soft sigh.

The hand in SinB’s was warm and she couldn’t help but hold it tightly and closely to her chest as she closed her eyes. She felt anchored for a second before her own sleep caught her and she fell into another dreamless sleep.

Sojung woke up to the annoying ringing noise of SinB’s morning alarm, she blinked her eyes tiredly as the world around her finally came into focus. Remembering that they had been asked to meet up early by Yewon, Sojung scrunched her eyebrows and hid under the blanket, waiting for SinB to shut the alarm off. Only, SinB wasn’t waking.

After another minute of the racket located on her desk, Sojung finally rolled over and tapped SinB’s screen. Setting the phone back down, Sojung sighed and moved to stretch her arms over her head, only to find her left hand being held captive by the younger girl. Stretching just her right arm she groaned a bit at her not fully awake muscles straining against the unwanted stretching. It was odd that SinB wasn’t up yet even with all that noise that happened around her. In fact, SinB was sleeping on the outer side of the bed, so technically her phone was next to her head, speaker pointed directly at her ear. Slightly surprised and amused, Sojung peeked down at SinB’s face when she sat up, finding that SinB was still in deep sleep.

Poking SinB’s cheek, Sojung smiled.

“Hey~.”

She poked the soft cheek once more.

“SinB?”

Sojung held in her giggles as SinB only moved a little away from her fingers. The grip around her left hand squeezed a few times but SinB was still not awake yet. Sojung scooted back and leaned against the headboard of the bed, only leaning over SinB once more to retrieve her own cellphone. Sending a text to Yewon that they would be late because she wanted SinB to sleep in more, Sojung smiled when Yewon immediately sent a thumbs up emoji. She was really the best, Sojung could trust her with about everything, and well, one way or another, Sojung was going to pay her back for all her kindness.

Scrolling through her phone, she quietly waited for SinB to wake up.

 

SinB looked around her, finding herself in a beautiful green forest.

“Ah, this must be a dream.”

She didn’t usually have nice looking dream, so finding this clean greenery around her was a very nice surprise, not to mention that it wasn’t ending even though she had already realized that this was within a dream, her brain allowed her to continue to enjoy this dimension that was generated in her sleep. There was nothing around the area aside from vegetation and flowers, she found a stump of a tree and sat down, wanting to at least bask in the sunlight for a little bit, feel the breeze on her skin if there was one.

As she closed her eyes, there was the sound of a small tinkling, a rhythm of sorts that had her moving again, her surroundings moving her to become walking down a dirt path. At the top of the hill that was now set before her, SinB saw a mysterious hooded person, the white hood that led down to a flowing cape only peeked out a little bit of blond hair. But who could ever have blond hair? She knew of no such person. What’s more was that there was a harp, but it wasn’t as of there was a specific song that was being played. It strummed itself but didn’t come off as creepy in any way.

SinB scratched her cheek, Sojung had been joking with the ghost thing, but she didn’t really find this self-playing harp all that scary. Since the sound that came from the harp wasn’t a song, but rather a steady rhythm, SinB wanted to at least see what her imagination had generated on a person, maybe this blonde girl had a face that belonged to a person she knew in the world of the awake.

Going closer but not yet reaching the top of the hill no matter how she walked, SinB had to cover her eyes from the sudden gust of wind that seemed to knock the hood off the girl’s head, blowing it back and sending the golden locks flowing in its wake.

“Sojung?”

Those sharp eyes, cute nose and firmly set lips definitely reminded her of Sojung, but this Sojung looked so different with the blond hair. As if a fog coming through a town from bad weather, the landscape faded away and SinB became conscious of holding something warm in her hand.

“Are you waking up now?”

Her voice? SinB blinked open her eyes, suddenly aware that she was awake. Holding Sojung’s hand to her chest for a second, she blankly stared at Sojung’s hand before fully clearing up and letting go immediately.

“S-sorry!”

Sojung just gave her a smile and said, “good morning.”

“Good morning!”

SinB looked around as she sat up, not finding a clock anywhere in Sojung’s room. Picking up her phone, she saw that the alarm had been turned off and that she was “TWO HOURS LATE?!”

“Yeah, you were sleeping so soundly I wanted you to sleep a bit more.”

“Eh?”

Her cute embarrassed noise had Sojung chuckling and ruffling SinB’s hair like a mother.

“Did you know you talk in your sleep?”

“Wh-what did I say?”

SinB was nervous, did she actually say something burdensome? Like, don’t hurt me or something? AH, but her dream was a nice one, and she could barely remember it now as it was fading so quickly.

“Mm, nothing much, just a few murmurs and well, you called my name. Did I appear in your dreams?”

Her cheeky grin had SinB flustered and almost denied it just to make Sojung stop, but lying to her currently most trusted friend wasn’t so nice.

“W-well, you did, but it also kind of wasn’t you.”

Sojung leaned forwards on her hands, SinB wondered whether this was considered invading personal space or not, maybe that didn’t apply when you’ve slept next to a friend twice already.

“How so?”

“I mean, you uh the girl I saw had blond hair, and when I saw her face, she looked a lot like you.”

“Hm, so you called my name wanting to make sure?”

“K-kind of?”

Sojung’s hums calmed her down and SinB wasn’t so nervous anymore, but she then got nervous all over again.

“Wait! I need to text Yewon!”

“No need, I already did, let’s just get washed up and get going.”

SinB looked after Sojung who got off the bed finally wondering why Sojung needed to wash up if she was awake before she did, then remembered that she had kept Sojung’s hand captive in her sleep so that the older couldn’t have done so.

“S-sorry again!”

Sojung just hummed and the sound of the faucet turning on was heard.

 

The welcoming festival was a lot like the one they had been to previously, only this time, there wasn’t a sports drink booth giving away Sowon’s signatures and it lacked a performance on their large outdoor stage. Instead, they had university clubs trying to appeal to the newcomers to gather new members, fresh meat, one could say.

SinB watched quietly as Yewon and Sojung walked away to get their small group some drinks and snacks, having finally met up just before lunch time. Yuna’s hand was still in a cast, but it looked a lot smaller and Yuna was whining about how annoying it was to change clothes.

“I mean, can’t they at least let me use my thumb?”

“Unnie, didn’t you crack the bone connecting to your thumb?”

“Well…”

Yuna sheepishly drank from her water bottle, diligent in keeping her hydration levels high. In the distance, SinB could hear her name being called and she could already imagine the person calling her with a big smile.

“Yerin unnie!”

“Heya girl! How’s my favorite resident doing today?”

Yerin had already swung an arm around her shoulders and rubbing her cheek to SinB’s head, for this person, there was definitely no personal space, not that SinB minded. She noted that she seemed to be more conscious of the personal space she had with Sojung more than Yerin however, she would ponder about that later.

“Mm, fine? I guess? But unnie, I know I’m not your only favorite resident.”

She advisor in the same manner as Yerin joking feigned a wounded heart and clutched her chest.

“Ah! You wound me so! Jokes aside, you look better today.”

“A-ah, yeah…”

Yuna quickly jumped in, wanting to have a small revenge on SinB.

“Yeah! This girl slept in for two hours today!”

“I already said sorry!”

Yuna still had her fun as SinB pulled on her sleeve, Yerin watching over them like a guardian.

“Well, I’m glad that you feel better with some good sleep, this means you should sleep more you know?”

“Yes mommmmm.”

Yerin just laughed and waved.

“I’ll see you guys around.”

Even though she was just a resident advisor, she also had to participate in facilitating events such as these for the new students to show them that they too might do this one day.

“But Yerin unnie was right, you should sleep more SinB ah.”

“You too? Everyone’s telling me to sleep.”

SinB jested a little but inside, she knew that the reason why she might have a better complexion on this day was because her dream wasn’t a nightmare.

===============

aye, will Sowon show up blond next time?

also, I think, that if a story can make you feel things, then it's a really good story, so thank you for telling me! It makes me happy!