ch 24

I Think my Roommate is a Model

Upon this morning, SinB swears that she had not fallen asleep in this bed on purpose. Also, was she still dreaming? There’s a goddess next to her and well, with an arm slung over her shoulder, SinB was unable to move.

From what she was understanding, she was in Sojung’s bed, with Sojung’s arm thrown over her. It was warm and comfy; she didn’t really have anything to complain about. But Sojung was right there! Their faces were like two inches apart! And her hair was blonde! Blonde!!!!

SinB wanted to move away, but was unable to, leaving her staring at this now blonde goddess asleep beside her. When was Sojung ever blonde? From her curiosity, she had already seen numerous amounts of pictorials that Sojung had taken part in, and it seemed to be her trend to never change her hair color besides clip in highlights or wigs that SinB had to really look to figure out they were wigs. Maybe she was still dreaming?

Still, even with her discomfort in her disorientation, the position she was in was very comfortable. When her heart had gotten over its slight spook, SinB could take in the soft scent of Sojung’s, her eyes sliding shut. There weren’t classes yet, not for another three days; she could sleep some more, or if this was in fact a dream, then continue sleeping.

Interestingly enough, what woke Sojung was the sound of heavy rain. The nice weather that was there yesterday seemed like a dream now with how heavy of a downpour was happening now, but this was usual with the changing of the seasons. Groaning a little, Sojung closed her eyes and tried to get some more sleep, covering her eyes with her arm as she rolled on her back.

There was a small shivering and Sojung peeked beside her, was SinB cold? Did she wake her? She suddenly remembered that SinB had come to her last night and now quickly moved to pull the blanket back up to cover SinB more, though it was already up to her shoulders. Was she still too cold? Sojung scooted closer when SinB nuzzled against her hand that was pulling the blanket.

What was this? Motherly instinct? Sojung breathed a sigh and just hugged SinB. Don’t think about the consequences now, if SinB caught a cold, that would be more troublesome than explaining why they were practically cuddling.

Reaching for her phone, Sojung checked her messages from behind SinB’s shoulder, making sure not to jostle the sleeping girl more than she needed to. There were a few interviews since the discovery of her drastic hair change, how they found out was likely that they had finally discovered her frequented hair salon and started camping out there for scoops. The previews for the interview questions were as such: Why did she decide to bleach her hair? What is she aiming for with this new hair color? Is she making a new debut on a different runway that they haven’t heard of yet? Typical ones.

Sojung already knew that even though the topic was going to be about her hair change, there would always be a question from gossip. She had to be prepared to defend against either fake love interests or false news. Checking when she needed to leave for today’s interview, Sojung rolled her eyes and put the phone down again. She really didn’t want to get out of bed, especially in this weather.

“Nn.”

The soft hum of SinB’s waking had Sojung immediately shut her eyes. Why was she pretending to be asleep? Sojung quieted her thoughts and stayed still. With her eyes closed, her other senses heightened a little, resulting in her hearing SinB’s quiet confusion going on. A small movement away from her accidentally and subconsciously had Sojung move, her arms tightened around SinB’s shoulders and she was pulled closer. Oops.

“Eeh?”

Opening her eyes slowly, Sojung stared at SinB who confusedly looked back.

“Um….good morning unnie.”

“Good morning.”

Sojung smiled before letting go of SinB and making a great show of stretching her arms over her head.

“Got any plans today?”

“Does unnie have work today?”

A quick nod seemed to deflate SinB and Sojung quietly observed her as she was gathering herself from waking up. Did she not like being hugged to sleep? Did she end up being creepy by hugging SinB? She totally shouldn’t have done it without permission, but none of this internal turmoil made it to Sojung’s face.

“Unnie, when did you bleach your hair?”

“Mn? Last night, after work I had an appointment. For dreaming what I was going to do, you’re kind of like a prophet.”

SinB splashed her cheeks with cold water before staring at her reflection in the mirror. Were her cheeks red? Oh they were absolutely red. Splashing more cold water SinB wanted to scream, just a little.

What was that?! Just WHAT was that!?

Why was Sojung totally hugging her the second time she woke up?!

She was so cool when she let go too! Did it not bother her?! They were so close together?! SinB had been without skinship since her falling out with society and Yewon wasn’t such a touchy person, Yerin was a little touchy but she was readable. Was it normal to sleep with your girl space friends in your arms nowadays?!

“Wait why do I care so much?”

SinB brushed her teeth quickly, still lost in her thoughts. Her heartrate. It was still rumbling a little in her pink ears. Her heartrate? SinB’s hand stopped moving.

 

“Good, look to the left.”

Sowon did as she was told, keeping her cold gaze on nothing, unfocused. Ironic that it was how she was feeling in such a way as well. After SinB came out of the bathroom, she felt something was off, but didn’t have the confidence to ask why. Surely, she had crossed a line she shouldn’t have and then SinB was uncomfortable. She did look really cute with the pink blush on her cheeks however. Breathing a sigh, Sowon heard the click of the shutter and then the director looking at her funny.

“Sowon ssi?”

“Yes?”

“I’d like you to take a look at the last shot.”

Getting off the white bench and navigating around all the bright green flora that surrounded her, Sowon walked over to the monitor.

“What expression are we going for in this shoot?”

Sowon looked at herself in the monitor, she saw a hint of happiness in the corner of her lips, but her eyes might have a little trouble in them, even if they were unfocused.

“Dazed.”

“Yes. However much I love this expression of yours, we should stick to the theme yes? Or would you like to tweak the theme of just dazed to lovesick dazed?”

“Lovesick?”

The director smiled at her like a father, he was one who had worked with Sowon numerous times and knew her pretty well.

“You seem to be thinking about someone dearly, did you do something that would make you smile so spontaneously otherwise?”

“Smile….”

Checking the monitor again, she had to agreed that even though she had previously seen it as slight, it was a rare smile to see on herself.

“I’ll keep it a secret with my life. But I understand your position as an icon, you can say no.”

She looked at the director, but he nodded his head. The shoot proceeded; each image as perfect as the last as he instructed her to think about different things. When they were convening for the last confirmation of the photos, the director handed her a usb stick.

“What’s this?”

“The magazine only needs the ‘dazed’ shots.”

“Huh?“

He gave her a smile and walked away to discuss when the images would go to the magazine with her manager. Sowon flipped the usb over in her hand, finding a small piece of tape stuck to the back. Written on it was one word, “longing.”

Closing her hand into a fist around the usb, Sowon furrowed her eyebrows. It still unsettled her that someone had noticed her feelings just from her expression, she really had lowered her guard too much just because she was almost friends with this director. But she was curious, what did she look like on the outside?

 

Sojung rubbed her eyes after finishing her over break English homework in the dead of the night, SinB was sleeping and she had had a long day at work before returning home around dinner time. They had eaten together, but SinB didn’t have much to say and Sojung was tired and didn’t mind.

Closing her textbooks and putting them back on her shelf as she prepared for the next quarter to begin on Monday. Who the heck assigns homework before the class even started anyways? The amount wasn’t outrageous, but the reading for her class was boring as she didn’t like the subject of the book. A book gets harder to read when it’s an unliked genre, or you hated the main character and couldn’t associate with how they made their decisions.

Bumping the usb on the side of her laptop, Sojung remembered that she hadn’t looked at it’s contents yet. Plugging it in and opening the first image, she found herself looking lost in thought with a faint smile. Right, it was titled “longing” as if this were a photo book’s theme. Should she do a photo book? She had finally gotten such a drastic change to her hair and appearance after all. If she were to do a photo book, then there would be more work for herself as the leader in the creation of the theme and what she wanted to do with it. Income also wasn’t an issue and the company had mentioned it before. It was about time Sowon had released a solo photo book aside from her modeling and pictorials.

Clicking the next page, there was a shot of Sowon, no, Sojung looking at her phone in between the shoots. She remembered when that was, she was getting dressed in casual clothes to go outside for a quick coffee run and SinB had sent her a message. What a weird little smile. Now Sojung was getting concerned. It was so easy to see that she was in….. Her thought trailed off. Love?

Sojung sat back in her seat and looked behind her as if SinB could accidentally catch her thinking to herself. Her expressions were so soft as she quickly went through every picture almost as if she were denying reality. But she didn’t want to let go. SinB was a soft girl despite her slightly eccentric actions, she was to be protected but even Sojung knew better than to pass off these emotions as a motherly aura. She closed her eyes, there were cheap tricks on the internet that she had entertained before as a hormonal teenager in high school. If she could imagine kissing the other person, then it was probably a romantic affection.

“Unnie…”

Sojung’s eyes shot open and her cheeks colored red. Stupid! Since when was she such a licentious person!? No no no, if that’s all she thinks about, then she was just feeling lust, truth to be told, SinB had a nice body after all. Any other thing to confirm her feelings? She kept trying different imaginations, trying to refuse to accept what her heart had already understood.

What was the most endearing thing that had happened between them that Sojung liked the most? Sojung sighed and lay on her bed, looking at the empty space beside her, she closed her eyes. Waking up next to SinB was a really good feeling. The first person to see in the morning, the last person to see at night.

Would she be fine if SinB went away?

No. Probably not.

=====================

ayyyy I took too long to write this, but I promise you I was writing a little of it everyday I just couldn't figure out how to express the....the....that stuff up there cuz like ehhhh? eh? get me? no? hahahahahahhahahaha