ch 31

I Think my Roommate is a Model

Their dinner was kind of awkward, what with SinB shrinking in her seat because of the staring even if it wasn’t at her but rather at her date, and even with everyone’s attention on her, Sojung seemed to be looking at SinB a lot. Like, a lot a lot.

Every time that SinB tried to peek at Sojung, their eyes would meet and SinB couldn’t help but look away in a panic. Whether Sojung did the same or continued to look at her, SinB never looked long enough to know, but the pressure of people sneaking peeks at Sojung was already hard enough to ignore.

“SinB?”

“Y-yes?”

“Are you not hungry? Is the food not to your liking?”

“Ah, no! I-this is tasty! I just I guess I don’t have much of an appetite.”

Although she was just telling the truth and trying to assure Sojung that it wasn’t the food, the look that Sojung gave her made her bite her lip. She made Sojung worry about her.

“Well, since I finished, should we have yours boxed and take it back?”

“That will be perfect.”

Paying the bill like she promised, SinB lead the way out of the diner, but Sojung took her hand and of course, took the lead from SinB.

“Mind if we stop by the convenience store along the way?”

“Nope. What are you going to get?”

“Mm, a drink probably.”

Thinking nothing of it, SinB walked after Sojung, mindful not to walk too far to pull on the hand that was so warmly holding her own. Their hands were connected the whole walk to the convenience store, but when they entered they had to let go as SinB loitered around the snack aisles a few meters back from Sojung who went to the fridges. Not seeing what Sojung had picked and just following behind her, SinB looked away when Sojung looked at her, feeling a bit of embarrassment for looking, and missed when Sojung put it on the counter.

Stepping out the door and waiting for Sojung to finish paying, she took a deep breath of the chilling night air. Maybe that would help calm her down from their whole dinner event that ended up making her even more nervous than it was supposed to be.

“Alright, let’s head home then.”

SinB looked to Sojung wondering if she would take her hand again, but the crack of a can caught her attention and SinB finally saw what Sojung had gotten. A can of fruit beer, depending on the brand and flavor, it could have more alcohol content than the usual beer, but usually it was less. SinB looked away so that Sojung wouldn’t feel like she was judging her.

They were both of drinking age now anyways, if Sojung wanted a drink to wind down, then she can have a beer. Something cold touched her cheek and SinB nearly jumped from the sensation, holding where her cheek was chilled, she looked up from the floor that she was staring at.

“Here.”

Looking at the opened can being offered in front of her, SinB looked up at Sojung uncertainly. Sojung nodded for her to take it and SinB finally saw the plastic bag that was looped onto Sojung’s other wrist. She had bought two. Having the can pushed into her hands eventually, SinB watched as Sojung cracked the other can open and took a big sip of it. Nervously, she sipped her own.

“Are you good with alcohol? Not that I’m too worried, your can is weaker than usual.”

SinB peeked at the label and saw that it was true, 2.5%.

“I should be fine with this, though to be honest, I’ve never drank until I became drunk I guess.”

“Really?”

Nodding her head, SinB also saw that Sojung’s can was a little different from her own, hers was black and taller than her own.

“I didn’t feel the high that people say they get when they get drunk, just felt like drinking a bitter soda.”

“Interesting.”

Sojung reached out and linked her fingers with SinB’s naturally.

 

After they reached home, SinB already finished her can of fruit beer and had gone to clean up. Walking out of the shower with her damp hair, she found Sojung sitting in the kitchen in a daze. Was she the type to get sleepy when she was drunk?

“Unnie?”

“Hn?”

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah.”

Leaving her alone to go put away her laundry in her room, SinB returned to find that Sojung had moved to the couch, her can was now gone.

“Unnie?”

Sojung wordlessly looked at her, she seemed a bit out of it, her eyes were a little bit unfocused. SinB sat down next to her and Sojung seemed to lean closer to her.

“Can I….hug you?”

“Sure?”

Letting Sojung hug her from the side, it was more of Sojung reaching across her back and resting her chin on SinB’s shoulder. Was Sojung the type to want to be spoiled when drunk? It seemed so as SinB patted her back a little but Sojung still didn’t let go.

“Eunbi ah, you smell nice.”

“O-oh? I just got out of the shower after all.”

The calling of her birth name sent a weird tingle down her spine, but it didn’t give her a chill like it usually did. Although it seemed like Sojung wanted to be taken care of, with some moving around and letting Sojung do whatever she wanted, SinB found herself sitting with her legs across Sojung’s lap and, Sojung still wouldn’t let go of their hug.

“Um, unnie?”

“Nn?”

“Maybe you should go to sleep?”

“Will you sleep next to me?”

The pause that SinB took to think about whether it would be a good idea to sleep next to a drunk Sojung, seemed to upset Sojung as she whined when SinB didn’t give an immediate answer.

“Do you hate me SinB ah?”

“No, I don’t.”

“Then do you like me?”

“I- yes?”

Not wanting to Sojung to start crying in case her feelings were sensitive like this, she didn’t voice her thought on what kind of like Sojung meant.

“Then, sleep next to me?”

“O-kay.”

Sojung finally let go of SinB to let her stand up, pulling SinB by her hand to her room, SinB paused at the door when she remembered that Sojung hadn’t changed her clothes yet.

“You can change into your pajamas first.”

Sojung looked blankly at SinB, then herself. Taking the sweater off and ing one more button on the shirt, she seemed satisfied. Still concerned, SinB backed out of the room in case privacy would let Sojung go change. Grabbed by the hand, SinB was pulled back inside and brought to the bed.

“I’ll take the inside.”

Sojung got in first and looked expectantly at SinB who was still hesitant at the edge. Throwing caution to the wind and ignoring the weird thumping in her chest, SinB got in and Sojung immediately cuddled up to her.

“Hehehe~”

“Um-“

“I can’t?”

SinB almost panicked when Sojung was looking up at her with nearly teary eyes.

“Ah well, I- go ahead.”

Sojung grinned and kissed SinB’s cheek, stunning her in place as Sojung returned to nuzzling against her, an arm holding her in place over her waist. SinB wondered if she would be able to sleep like this. A soft murmur started to make SinB start to worry about her heartrate.

“You know…..I love you….”

The sound of soft breaths came shortly and SinB hoped that it meant that Sojung had fallen asleep.

=====================

and a long night of thinking occurs

me studying for exams again :P

i a gud kid who studies but also why ssg events so hard to complete without paying moneh

>:(