ch 20

I Think my Roommate is a Model

Unless she seeks you out.

SinB yawned and stretched her neck, rolling it back and forth, groaning at the strained muscles. She had been reading a book, recommended by Yewon, who said that it was good for passing time until the school break event. Event, but actually it was for the in between quarters tour runs for the future students. To SinB, it felt like they had tours year-round, not that she had been here for a full year yet, but she could have sworn there were a bunch of elementary kids touring the campus during midterms week.

“Eh? More tours?”

Sojung dropped a notice paper on the coffee table as she walked in, supposedly done with modeling for the day. After SinB had expressed her desire to see Sojung’s workplace, she had already checked her calendar and then pestered her manager to figure out which place was lax enough to let SinB explore a professional workplace. Given, SinB didn’t end up in a trade school for this kind of job, but instead a general university of arts, but this was the environment she was looking to get herself into.

“Unnie, apparently they’ll be holding a mini festival to appeal all the clubs and year long things we do here on campus.”

Sojung just flopped onto the couch once she wrestled her jacket off her shoulders, a deep sigh escaping her lungs from her fatigue.

“I don’t even know what we do on this campus.”

“Doesn’t it just fly by?”

“Not exactly, but also very true.”

SinB scrunched her nose at the odd answer but shrugged to agree. Supposedly, if you had trouble with classes then, surely university doesn’t fly over one’s head. Not that it could fly, anyways.

“Will you be busy then?”

“I think so? Let me check.”

Sojung slid down in the couch after saying that she would check her schedule, causing SinB to raise an eyebrow.

“Checking?”

Sojung just whined a little and sat back up, sliding her phone from her pocket to check her calendar properly. Procrastination and ignoring the image of what her future jobs looked like was surely one’s destruction, yet an oasis when you can’t expect what you didn’t know.

“It’s less rough than this week. It’s as if my contractors know that I’m a student on break.”

SinB winced as Sojung muttered to herself after that they probably already knew because of her company. If her company went around searching for all the jobs to fit into one week, it would appear suspicious to anyone.

SinB wandered the campus, exploring the buildings she didn’t have classes in with Yewon. Despite her boredom, Yewon was having fun reading all the historical facts about each building, who and who contributed to this building, what achievements they made to make them rich enough to donate buildings to certain buildings. Apparently, this was pretty much how many of overseas universities named their facilities, after the people who dumped their money on the universities.

The almost noon breeze was now less chilling to the bone and the sunlight was finally starting to burn if she stayed still long enough. SinB sat down at a bench as Yewon went around, looking at everything and properly appreciating the nature.

“Eunbi?”

SinB closed her eyes, she must have imagined it, she was so bored it must have been a daydream. But it was reality. Of course, Eunha would call out to her if they saw each other. Keeping as calm and empty minded as possible, SinB did her best not to show any fear.

“Yes?”

“…”

Eunha walked slowly towards SinB, who couldn’t move any further back in her bench seat than she already was, back pressed flush against the wooden planks. She quickly glanced over to Yewon, wondering if she was going to need to call for help if she couldn’t keep calm.

“I…”

SinB blinked once at Eunha, her pupils shaking just a little bit, trying to avoid looking at Eunha, but also, needing to look at her.

“I know an apology isn’t enough.”

Eunha stopped a few steps away from SinB, who was now gripping the edge of the bench until her knuckles were white.

“But I want to at least, help you not be afraid of people.”

“Guilt?”

Yewon had come and SinB’s death grip on the bench relaxed just a little bit. Eunha looked down and held her elbow, exuding a sad aura.

“I really didn’t know that all that happened behind my back, it-“

Eunha paused.

“I still feel that I could have done something if I had just noticed before I had left.”

“I-it wasn’t directly your fault.”

SinB’s shaky voice cut through Yewon’s icy glare, softening them just a little from her attempt at bravery.

“I…don’t…hate you.”

Eunha gave a small bitter smile, her grip on her elbow tightening just a little. Yewon seemed to have a complicated expression, and SinB looked back to Eunha.

“But you’re afraid of me.”

SinB looked to the side in shame, to which Yewon started to stop her, but Eunha had stepped closer, cutting Yewon off.

“I want to fix that.”

SinB hesitantly looked back to Eunha, catching Yewon’s disapproving expression.

“Please Eunbi ah.”

Eunha held out her hand, waiting for SinB to take it.

“May I?”

Try to fix what was broken? Those words were left up in the air as Eunha looked to SinB with her clear eyes, it would be hard to argue that she was lying, and SinB felt as if she should take that hand. First, she had a small feeling in the back of her mind, that she was being a burden on her friends, and roommate, for depending on them too much and leaving her mental health up to them. She wanted to take her own steps towards getting better, which was the first part where she had opened up to her friends and asked for help. Now, Eunha was offering to help her, and well, she wasn’t exactly a large mountain to climb, it was just her own name, and the other’s voice that didn’t sit well in her stomach. If this was a few days ago, SinB would have refused, but at this moment, she wanted to take the hand that might hurt her or bring her back to normal.

Eunha, should know her best after all, as childhood friends.

===============

short because I figured I should get something out at least, im working on a new schedule as clearly, my last one failed.