ch 18

I Think my Roommate is a Model

After Sojung’s first university rule breaking of sitting in a class she hadn’t paid for, Sojung had proceeded to continue to break it again for every class that SinB had that day.

“Unnie?”

“Yeah?”

“You seem like you’re getting used to sitting here.”

“H-huh? No way.”

SinB giggled as Sojung’s worries resurfaced again and looked away whenever the professor looked around the room.

“Unnie don’t you have classes today too?”

“I do.”

“Why aren’t you there then?”

“I…..”

Sojung tried to think up a reason that wasn’t so creepy as a stalker, or as lazy as a bum, or even as stupid as just skipping class. If she said she was worried, she’d sound as if she were SinB’s mom, if she said she just wanted to be with SinB, she’d sound like her lover. Both of which, she was neither.

“Uh…class isn’t important today, just a podcast and a…”

“Unnie you should take school more seriously.”

Sojung pouted a little and ducked her head.

“Sorry.”

Finally returning to their dorm after SinB’s classes and a short lunch break where they had met up with Yewon and Yuna, Sojung stretched and wandered off to her room, an audible flopping sound onto sheets was hear and SinB held in a giggle.

“Unnie, are you going to take a nap?”

“Hm? Mm.”

“Were my classes that boring to you?”

“Not really?”

SinB walked over to Sojung’s doorway, leaning on the frame as she looked at Sojung who was face down into her pillow.

“Oh really?”

“Mm. It’s a little bit fun to learn about what happens on the other side of that camera.”

SinB continued to stare for a little longer, she felt like she had never seen another less bothered person than Sojung at this moment. The way Sojung’s body was fully relaxed with nothing chaining her down. It was relaxing just to watch Sojung relax.

“SinB?”

“Hm?”

“How do you think of me?”

“You’re nice?”

Sojung sat up, looking blankly in front of her for a bit before shuffling to sit on the edge and patting the bed next to her for SinB to sit, the latter quickly obeyed.

“I was just reflecting a little, you know? About how other people see me?”

“It’s a good thing, to reflect on oneself. You become better that way.”

“Right. But also, since I’m always telling you what I think about your situation, trying to give some advice, I kind of realize that I don’t really have the right to.”

“How so?”

“I treat my manager pretty badly….”

SinB watched as Sojung timidly twiddled her thumbs in her lap, perhaps she was feeling a little bit of regret?

“I think your manager understands.”

“You think so?”

“He’s a good guy, he let you rest when I asked him to let you after all.”

“I think that was more of a ‘no other option’ kind of situation. He can’t get into our dorm building without an resident after all.”

SinB hummed, her eyelids feeling a little heavy. Sojung yawned a little and slouched a little further in her seat, the warm atmosphere between the two inquisitive adults allowed them to relax in each other’s presence a little more than usual. Sojung rubbed her eyes a little, nudging SinB’s shoulder a little, she looked to her pillows. SinB turned to look where Sojung was gesturing.

“Nap?”

Sojung nodded.

“Okay, I’ll leave you to it.”

Standing up and stretching her shoulders a little, SinB looked at Sojung who hadn’t moved yet.

“You don’t want to?”

“Huh?”

“Nap with me?”

SinB blinked a few times.

“Y-you mean here? Right now?”

“Yeah.”

“T-then if you don’t mind.”

Sojung nodded sleepily, sluggishly crawling across her bed to get under her covers, leaving room for SinB behind her as she faced the wall.

“Unnie?”

“Mm?”

“Are you a lonely person?”

“Maybe.”

“Eh?”

“Shhhh. Sleepy time.”

SinB huffed a small breath with a smile. Still, SinB had never fallen asleep easily to begin with, so after a few minutes of staring at the ceiling, Sojung’s breaths had already evened and her muscles had relaxed. As SinB stared up at the ceiling, she began to think. She had asked Sojung about being lonely because, well, she was also feeling a little needy herself. She had been alone for so long, that if Sojung would leave her after promising not to, she already couldn’t imagine living in an empty dorm room by herself. It was a little hypocritical, that she was so afraid of others coming near her, but also needing them at the same time.

Scooting up to Sojung’s back like she had done before, SinB closed her eyes. At the very least, Sojung was a factor in eliminating SinB’s nightmares, there was only a little bit of evidence, since she didn’t have a nightmare for the first night when she had used to have them every night. She could confirm that sleeping next to someone helped a person calm down if she didn’t have nightmares in this ‘nap’ of theirs. Though, SinB noticed that Sojung hadn’t set an alarm of when to wake up, perhaps they’d wake before dinner due to hunger, or they’d wake the next morning out of fatigue. Either one was fine for SinB as she smiled a little, as long as she had Sojung beside her.

Sojung woke up exactly two hours later, her eyes shooting open as she sat up. Remembering that SinB was next to her, Sojung carefully looked down beside her. Thankfully, SinB hadn’t been woken up by her sudden jostling of the blanket. SinB had crooked her right arm, looking like she was reaching to hold the back of Sojung’s shirt if she was still laying down. Sojung quietly tucked SinB back under the blanket and snuck off her bed.

Looking around their empty dorm room, Sojung walked around a little, stretching her tired body as she went. After her walk out in the studio, her manager had argued for her to have a break, calling her walk out a ‘fit’ for having been overworked. It wasn’t exactly right, but the overworked bit was always correct. Just because she was their top talent, didn’t mean they could exploit her. Wandering back to her room, she noticed SinB’s eyebrows furrowing. Going closer to see if she should wake SinB, it was as if SinB could sense her coming close, her eyebrows relaxed, and she slightly turned towards Sojung. Maybe she had heard Sojung’s footsteps beside her, and the fact that having someone at her side was helping her relax.

Reaching to touch SinB’s hand, Sojung watched as SinB reflexively closed her fingers around Sojung’s, almost like a baby. Leaving her hand in SinB’s grip, Sojung carefully set out her homework. Even if she had skipped all day, she still had to do the homework she promised. The course to a normal university life would be to graduate in the normal amount of time after all.

SinB rolled over a little, gripping whatever she was holding a little closer. Hearing a soft ‘woah!’, she blinked open her eyes, realizing that whatever she pulled, she had rubbed her cheek against. Seeing Sojung half off her chair in her direction and her arm…lead back to SinB’s face? SinB jolted and let go of Sojung’s hand in surprise.

“S-sorry!”

“It’s okay! I let you hold my hand when you were having a nightmare.”

“Nightmare…”

SinB held her chin and thought, usually she’d wake up in terror, whether mild or severe, with the nightmare at the forefront of her thoughts. She had woken up feeling warm and no recollection of the nightmare at all.

“I don’t remember it.”

“Isn’t that good?”

The sound of a page being flipped caught SinB’s attention.

“Homework?”

“Yeah, just killing time with it.”

SinB giggled and hit Sojung’s shoulder lightly.

“You should do it seriously.”

“I do, I take everything very seriously.”

Sojung patted SinB’s head, ruffling her hair a little.

“Do you feel better after the nap?”

“Of course, not that I was feeling worse before, but it was refreshing.”

“Hah, of course it helps, I read somewhere that sleeping two hours between working can help productiveness.”

SinB narrowed her eyes playfully.

“Was your homework building up?”

Sojung played along, looking away.

“What might you possibly mean?”

SinB nudged Sojung a little, her grin breaking her character. Sojung just shook her head and laughed.

“You up for dinner at the cafeteria before homework?”

“Mm, I’ll go get my jacket.”

SinB checked her phone as she had grabbed her jacket, finding an invitation from Yewon as well. Walking out as she was typing a response, SinB stepped into her shoes and waited for Sojung.

“Ready?”

“Yeah, unnie do you mind if we go to join Yewon?”

“Yuna as well?”

“As usual.”

“Alright.”

SinB turned to walk out the door, her hand already holding the keys to their dorm. A moment of hesitation passed and SinB turned back to Sojung.

“Does it bother you?”

“What does?”

“Joining Yewon.”

“Nope.”

“You’re sure?”

“Absolutely.”

Sojung tilted her head, wondering why SinB would be so sensitive to this, it wasn’t like she disliked Yewon or Yuna, Yewon was pretty cute and was also very smart, never once had she expressed discomfort. Maybe SinB was worrying about dragging Sojung around with her, concluding that was the reason, Sojung just slung her arm over SinB’s shoulder as she waited for SinB to lock their door.

“You don’t have to worry about that.”

“Huh?”

“Nothing.”

When they had gotten to Yewon’s table, SinB was surprised to hear that Yerin had told Yewon what had happened the other day, normally it would be a little uncomfortable to have someone talk about you to someone else, but SinB knew this was with good intentions. Yerin was hoping that if she couldn’t be there for SinB, or if maybe Sojung couldn’t understand SinB, Yewon at least would have the next best chance. They were the same age and got along great after all.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t tell you myself.”

“It’s alright, as long as you feel better. Don’t go fainting in places you aren’t supposed to! In fact, don’t faint at all!”

Sojung watched as Yewon scolded SinB lightly, she was able to make SinB shrink in her seat despite her soft appearance. Chuckling a little at the now timid SinB trying to fight back against Yewon’s nagging, Sojung noted that she herself shouldn’t be too soft on SinB either.

The food at the cafeteria wasn’t always great, but Sojung found tonight’s food a little better than usual. Maybe it was the company, it had been a while since she had nice company. Munching on her rice happily, she felt a nudge from her side.

“Hm?”

“Sojung unnie you seem better as well.”

“I guess I am, are you doing alright too Yuna?”

“Eh, could be better, didn’t do great on a midterm.”

Then Sojung realized that Yuna had a small cast around her fingers.

“Wait, what happened there?”

Yuna seemed to blush and hide her hand behind her back.

“Um…I uh…”

“The genius that unnie was decided to show me a spin, you know, like a figure skater? She spun out of control and her hand hit the wall.”

Yuna shrunk and turned bright red.

“You wouldn’t believe me when I said I could do a triple!”

“I never said that!”

Sojung’s eyes sparkled as she watched the two bickering, it wasn’t hurtful in any way and it looked kind of fun, turning to SinB, she just found her roommate laughing so hard she was clutching her stomach, adding to their loud surroundings of the cafeteria. Finding SinB’s uncontrollable laughing expression interesting, she watched for a little longer.

“So, she can laugh that way too.”

There were so many different faces of SinB, that Sojung found herself wanting to find more.

================

ahhhhhhh I was supposed to finish this chapter yesterday and put it up yesterdayyyyyy

I'm still planning to do one more tomorrow lets see if my frozen fingers can keep up

also look it! sojung's interest in sinb! is that romantic development? is it?!