chapter nineteen

the heartthrob's challenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"minguri, what's going on and why are you crying? what did sakura do?" yuri, together with chaewon barges inside. immediately finding their friend weeping.

 

but instead of a response, all they got are sobs. the oldest held minjoo in her arms and let her cry it all out. as for the brunette, she was furiously trying to contact the cause of the beauty's tears as they waited for minjoo to talk.

 

"kkura's not picking up. i swear to god i'm beating her up." yuri muttered, getting more pissed off as the cherry blossom refused to answer her call for the umpteenth time. hearing this, the sobbing girl finally lifts her head up.

 

"s-she didn't do a-anything. yuri, chaewon u-unnie. i think i broke h-her." think? no, she doesn't just think so. she knows very well that she broke her, but refuses to believe that the heartthrob's feelings were in fact, true. just like how she denies her own feelings.

 

when the duo heard this, they were quite confused. because the idea of minjoo possibly hurting sakura never did cross their minds, if anything, it's the other way around considering what the japanese is known to be. a troublemaker, a heartbreaker, a player, or someone who just does you no good. little did they know, sakura is just as vulnerable as a thin, fragile glass who's only good at pretending to be okay.

 

"what happened?" the fairy asked as she wipes minjoo's tears away using her thumb. the latter bit her lip, not knowing how to explain her current situation.

 

"you wouldn't u-understand."

 

"then what's so hard about making us understand? just tell us what happened." the brunette snapped, her voice raising each word due to frustration.

 

"i can't! i can't tell you!"

 

"why can't you!"

 

"because-" as they were in the midst of a heated argument, yena, yujin, and hyewon came inside the room, cutting them off. their eyes seemingly red and judging from the horrified expression that yujin's wearing, minjoo could tell that something's wrong.

 

"kkura, she..." they all exchanged looks, waiting for the trio to say something but all they did was hesitate. hearing her lover's name, the pink haired girl could feel her chest pounding fast as chill travels down her spines.

 

something is definitely wrong.

 

with that, she checked the clock. 11:47 PM. she didn't realized she's been crying for hours and there's still no sign of sakura. not even a text nor a call. with trembling hands and feet, yena approached minjoo and pass her the phone while fighting the urge to breakdown. the moment they all read the news, their tears finally broke free.

 

 

"no. no. no. n-no. this can't be r-real. they must've m-mistaken her for s-someone else. this is a j-joke right? she's fine, r-right chaewon u-unnie? yujin-ah, h-hyewon, yuri... y-yena unnie tell m-me she's fine... p-please." minjoo's mind went completely blank, and once again she's in a state of denial. with terror, all of them choked their sobs.

 

it's all my fault. why did she have to be involved. i should've been the one in her position!

 

for the beauty, everything was spinning. she could hear blood passing through her ears, her chest going up and down in an uncontrollable manner, visions going blur.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter