chapter twenty four

the heartthrob's challenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"bloody hell, damn you kwangbae you're cheating! my controls are ed up switch sides with me!" a certain duck demanded as she groaned in frustration. for the umpteenth time, hyewon beats her again in a game of tekken. all ten of them have scattered around the area.

 

yujin and junkyu have been betting on a game of basketball, chaewon together with yuri are singing in the karaoke room, minjoo and wonyoung are trying to beat each other on the pump it up machine, and the two cousins? well let's just say that a certain cherry blossom practically locked the smaller girl in a kid's ride just so she could play in peace.

 

"yah miyawaki sakura i can't believe you actually abandoned nako just to play that stupid game." chaewon then approached the gray haired girl, randomly pressing the controls to mess up her game.

 

"ah yah chaewonnie stop that please i'm about the beat the highest record, i won't do it again i promise!" sakura begged but to no avail. in the end, she wasn't able to snatch the record and chaewon patted her own back for the sabotage well done.

 

with that, the fairy pulled the former back to their friends. when the duo arrives, everyone were already done choosing the pairing so that leaves them partnered up with each other. now the only thing left is to choose which game to play and what they've got to lose and gain.

 

"you're all suggesting games that are pure . let's just race against each other for christ's sake. the last one to finish the laps is out, switch players afterwards until it all narrows down to one winner." the short haired girl spoke up and everyone agrees, except for a certain fairy.

 

"are you kidding me? you just had to come up with this game when your arm is literally covered in stone. i don't get your mind, really. god we're going to lose." the older kim could only facepalm herself internally while sakura gave her a smug smile.

 

"yah have you forgotten who your partner is? never in my entire life have i experienced losing to someone. not now, and certainly not ever so move your aside i'm taking charge of the wheels for the first round." the latter then sat on the arcade machine. for this round, hyewon, junkyu, sakura, yena, and yujin will be playing against each other while the other set of girls watched their partners from behind.

 

"not to be that person but i have to say, this totally feels like a couple war. except for nako and hyewon, you two are like father and daughter." yuri pointed out, causing everyone to laugh except for a certain japanese.

 

"so sakura's dating chaewon unnie now? i'm pretty sure yiren wouldn't like that." yujin said with a provocative tone, the older girl's grip on the wheel tightens and her eyebrows creased with that being mentioned. the other's fell silent as they sensed the weird tension.

 

"screw yiren. chaewon and i make a pretty good couple don't you think so, wonnie? you better cheer the loudest for me." sakura doesn't know where exactly did that came from but it just rolled out of her tongue without her consent, she then took a quick glance to look at the beauty's reaction before turning to chaewon to flash a failed wink. the latter only rolled her eyes on her.

 

"hey min, go out on a date with me when i won, which i will by the way." junkyu said the moment the countdown have started, everyone then reacted differently, but that statement only caused someone's blood run backwards as her desire to win just grew higher.

 

"i'll think about it." minjoo uttered in a teasing tone as the race began simultaneously. sakura hit the gas in an instant, refusing to spare even a second to waste.

 

as they were halfway through the game, the girls standing behind the five players were cheering nonstop but somehow, sakura managed to block the noise. for some reason, her head began to spin, her palm sweating like crazy and her heart rate is going faster every second. the horrible scene from two

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter