chapter twenty one

the heartthrob's challenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

minjoo and sakura shared a warm and tight hug. a type of hug which conveys all their unspoken feelings for each other. the two never wanted to let go, they just want to keep holding unto each other. afraid that they might lose the other.

 

"oi kim minjoo you're ruining the moment, stop crying it's not kkura's funeral." eventually, all things come to an end when yena decided to ruin their shared moment. the duck pulled the pair apart from each other, causing them to feel some sort of dismay.

 

when the cherry blossom broke free from the hug, she placed her fingers on the beauty's chin to pull her head up and wipe her tears using her thumb while simultaneously getting lost in each other's pool of orbs. their hearts began to beat, sharing the same pace. the former's eyes then traveled south and a smile automatically forms on her lips.

 

"are you wearing my hoodie?" sakura asked as she notices the familiar clothing that minjoo is wearing. it's her favorite hoodie, the one given by her grandmother a couple of years back. no wonder she couldn't find it inside her closet back in japan.

 

"i kinda stole it from your luggage when we were packing up. i wanted to cheer her up." hyewon butted in, and the heartthrob couldn't believe her ears. out of the three, she expected hyewon to be the least who would try to reach out to minjoo.

 

but hearing this from hyewon herself, she was thankful for her three best friends for assuring the beauty that they're with her together in her battles. sakura heard from nako that minjoo had been blaming herself for causing all of this, and given the trio's unpredictable personality, she was worried that they might put the blame on the brunette. now, she's more than grateful to them.

 

"it looks good on you." sakura compliments the goddess and flashed a smile. for a minute there, the latter was stupefied by the sight in front of her and it's not helping her heart calm down, not even a bit.

 

"alright you two save those smooching for later, you my friend have a lot of filling in to do. let's go." yena grabbed a hold of sakura's wrist and was about to pull the girl outside but the they were put to a halt when they heard a familiar voice from behind, causing them to all look back. recognizing the owner of those voice, it brought shock to all of them (and to one, a feeling of uneasiness).

 

"am i seeing things or is she really here in korea with us?" yuri elbowed her lover by the side, the duck couldn't seem to say a word as she fail to process things in her mind.

 

"hi!" the chinese greeted and clung an arm unto the heartthrob as soon as she reached them. you can clearly see the excitement building up inside of her by looking at her ear-to-ear grin but most of the crew seems like they're somehow dispirited.

 

"oh right i forgot to mention. yiren will be transferring to our school, so yeah..." sakura mumbled and the atmosphere fell silent. no one dares to break the ice and speak, from the very beginning they already expressed their dislike to the chinese brunette, and now they just had to find out that they'll probably be spending most of their time together with her.

 

"i'm also here to take care of my saku-chan, we're dating now." yiren blurted out, earning different reactions from the squad. the cherry blossom's eyes immediately met with that of minjoo's once again, and oddly, she sensed a hint of pain while holding their gaze, her eyes seemingly asking sakura something she can't seem to read. the former then broke their eye contact and clutches unto eunbi's arm.

 

"wait, what did you say? you and kkura-chan are dating?" wonyoung asked to make sure she heard her right, the chinese brunette then gave her a nod while wearing her million dollar smile. the rest of them turned mum as the ask themselves how in the bloody hell did that happen.

 

as what they have recalled, minjoo never did mention the two of them breaking up before the accident. the goddess told them that it was merely a misunderstanding but none of them have ever imagined that after recovering for a month and a half, sakura will be coming back to korea accompanied by her first love who's apparently her girlfriend now.

 

at the thought of that, yujin's eyebrows creased. somehow, the excitement that she was feeling awhile ago turned into pure rage, especially when she sees the beauty turning pale and stiff from the sudden drop of the news.

 

she had to deal with so much struggle for the past few weeks, most of which she kept to herself. yujin witnessed it all, the brunette relied on her the most, she was the one who was there every time the latter breaks down, and the o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter