chapter twenty two

the heartthrob's challenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"yena-ah, i think i messed up." hearing this, the now black haired girl couldn't help but let out a chortle as she narrows down the gap in between them.

 

"you always mess things up. what's so new about it, i'm used to it." the younger uttered and waited for the cherry blossom to respond. although the latter barely told her anything, yena knows exactly what's causing a ruckus inside her friend's head. after all, only she can read sakura like an open book.

 

"would you believe me if i tell you that minjoo and i never really dated for real? that it was only for a show." the gray haired girl revealed out of the blue, clearly shocking the former who can't seem to process the information in her mind.

 

she's well aware of the fact that the revelation of their relationship was quite questionable, considering the fact that minjoo have been rejecting her endlessly. but faking it? yena doubts that, because their eyes tell them otherwise.

 

"i wouldn't." the black haired girl answered nonchalantly and the heartthrob raised an eyebrow, as if asking her what she meant by that.

 

"i'm your friend, i know just by looking at you and even if you tell me that you're not in love with minjoo, i wouldn't believe it either. so will you please enlighten me as to how in the bloody hell are you and yiren dating. did your mom and dad have anything to do with it?" yena asked, now looking straight into sakura's eyes. she knows that there's something her friend isn't telling her. the short haired girl could only heave a sigh, she clearly can't get herself out of the situation.

 

"no. i took initiative myself. yiren was always there to come and visit me daily, never missed a day. and then, i don't know, she told me that she realized that she's in love with me the moment i left japan. and i just- we... kissed." sakura lowers her head to avoid her friend's stare.

 

"what? yiren confessed and all of a sudden you forgot about your girlfriend who almost lost her mind while waiting for you to come back?" at this point of time, the cherry blossom could clearly tell that the duck is angry and frustrated.

 

"i told you, our relationship was fake. and just like you said, i was in love with her but she doesn't feel the same way about me. so when i was craving for comfort, yiren was there for me." the heartthrob utters, pain being inflicted in her heart as she recalls the painful memory that night.

 

"minjoo doesn't feel the same

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter