Meeting Yeeun

On Screen Date to Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since the couple proposed, Haneul and Kyungsoo went around shopping for the best wedding outfits and hunting for the best place to hold a wedding. Of course, they couldn't forget one important thing to do: to visit Yeeun. Haneul got the details from the orphanage and she and Kyungsoo visited her apartment building. "Mrs Kim told me this is where she lives now," said Haneul, looking at the building. 

When they reach the floor, Haneul went to the door and rang the doorbell. A door opens and a woman in her late forties appears. "Yes? Can I help you?" she asked the couple. "Excuse me, but are you Kim Yeeun?" Haneul began to ask the woman. "Yes, I am. Why do you ask?" Yeeun asked back. "I don't know if you remember me. But I am Kim Haneul, the little girl whom you babysit before you send me to the orphanage," said Haneul. Yeeun cover and gasped. "H-Haneul?! Is that......you?!" 

"Yes, it's me," Haneul replied. With a tear in her eyes, Yeeun ran out to hug her. "Oh, Haneul! It's been years since I last saw you!" she whispered. "And my, how you grown! Please come in!" The couple enter into her home. Inside the house there was a teenage girl doing research on her laptop at the dining table and two boys playing video games on the TV. "I see that you've settled down with a family of your own," said Haneul. Yeeun grins. "Well, it has been years. I'm not that young lady whom you remember." And she introduced her children to them. "That's Minji, my eldest daughter. She's a freshman in high school now. And the these two boys are Minwoo and Minjoon. They're both twins and they're in middle school now. My husband is working at the moment. He would love to meet you."

Haneul and Kyungsoo sat down on the sofa while Yeeun prepares some snacks and tea for them. "Minwoo, Minjoon, can you stop your game for awhile? We have guests now," she told her sons. "But, mom! We're almost winning!" Minwoo whined at his mother. "Boys!" Yeeun said with her eyebrows raised. The boys had no choice but to listen to her and switch off the game and ran to their room. "They can be quite a handful," Yeeun gave a laugh. Then, she noticed Kyungsoo. "Oh! I've seen you before! I've watched your movie!" 

Kyungsoo smiles. "Thank you, ma'am." Then, Haneul began to ask her about her late mother. "Kyungsoo's father told me that my mom and you were close friends. And I want to know more about her." Yeeun nods her head. "Oh yes indeed. We were both best friends.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter