The Beginning

On Screen Date to Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[15 years ago]

 

It was one rainy night. There was a car accident along the road. Two couples have been critically injured. Ambulance vans and police cars came rushing and took the injured couple to the hospital. Unfortunately, by the time they made it to the hospital, they were both dead. 

Somewhere in the house, a babysitter named Yeeun, was pacing up and down and looking at the clock. She's been worried why the couple haven't arrived home yet. Then, she received the phone call from the hospital and gasped. She puts down the phone and calls a child. "I have some bad news from the hospital, Haneul dear. Your parents didn't survive the accident. They're both gone. I'm sorry, dear," said Yeeun. "You mean.....they're dead?" asked little Haneul. "I'm afraid so," Yeeun replied in a sad tone. Hearing this, Haneul began to sob as Yeeun hugged her tightly in comfort. "It looks like I have to put you in an orphanage."

The next morning, Yeeun took Haneul to the orphanage. "Hello," a voice greeted. A tall lady with glasses was at the door, with another young lady. She was very pretty for her age. "Hi. This child, whom I babysit here needs a place to stay. Her parents passed away yesterday night in a car accident. Would it be alright if she stays here?"

"Oh my! Of course. There's room for one more," said the lady with glasses. She introduced herself as Mrs Kim, "I'm the person in charge of this orphanage. Why don't you come into my office and write down the child's details? Jiyeon would show her to her room." Jiyeon took Haneul to the room, where she'll be staying with the other girls. When they saw Jiyeon, they bow and greet her. "Who's the newcomer?" asked a girl. "Everyone, this is Haneul. She's gonna be staying with us for awhile," replied Jiyeon. 

Jiyeon showed Haneul an empty bed. It was next to a window. "Here's where you'll be sleeping, sweetheart. I'll leave you to settle yourself. I'll be downstairs if you need me." When Jiyeon is gone, Haneul put down her bag and looks out at the window. In a few minutes later, Mrs Kim and Yeeun came to the room. "Ah, our Haneul is all settled in." Then, she clapped her hands and all the girls lined up. "Alright, everyone. It's chores time. Downstairs now in an orderly manner." 

Now, the room is empty, except for Haneul clutching onto her doll. "I have to go and conduct the chores duty with the children now. I'll leave you two alone to bid farewell," said Mrs Kim and she left the room. Haneul and her babysitter give each other cuddles. Yeeun give her a kiss on her temple. "I'm gonna miss babysitting you, Haneul," she said. "I know this is not like your home. But treat this as your new home. And who knows, you'll be adopted and live with a new family."

Haneul had tears in her eyes and just nod her head. "Be strong and have faith, okay? Alright, now. This is where I said good bye." Yeeun let go of the girl's hand and walked away. She didn't turn back. Haneul waved her little fingers good bye at her babysitter. 

 

That same evening, Jiyeon came into the girls' room and approach Haneul. "Hi, Haneul. Feeling okay?" she asked. But Haneul didn't reply her and didn't look at her. "I know this place seems strange to you. But you'll get used to it and the kids here. Come, let's wash up. It's almost time for dinner." Haneul took her hand and walk down the stairs to the dining hall.

"Before we take our place, we have a new child in our place. Her name is Kim Haneul. She is 5 years old. Be nice to her, as she is scared living in a new place. I want you all to treat her nicely," Mrs Kim announced to the children. A few seconds, Jiyeon came in with Haneul. "Hello, my dear. Come and join us for dinner. Maybe a meal came cheer you up," Mrs Kim said, smiling at the little girl. Jiyeon took her to the table with the other children her age. Once everyone is seated down, dinner can begin. 

During bed time, Haneul was crying on her bed. Jiyeon heard the voice and went upstairs. "Who's crying?" she asked. "It's that new girl over there, Ms Jiyeon!" replied one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter