Cooking Lessons

On Screen Date to Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haneul began to call Soojin for help after she dry her eyes from the crying. "Hello?" Soojin answered through the line. "Hey, Soojin. Sorry to bother you at this hour. But I need your help," said Haneul. "Are you okay? Your voice sound like you just cried," said Soojin. Haneul sniffed and answer back in a normal tone, "I'm fine now. Listen, um....are you good in cooking?" 

"I'm not an expert in cooking but I know how to cook. Simple meals, that is."

"Great! You're just the friend I need. I've been in a disaster lately with food in the house. I need some lessons on cooking. Can you help me? Because Kyungsoo may asked me to cook for him again."

"Sure. Are you free to come to my house this Saturday? Mom and I can teach you the basics in cooking."

"I'll be there. Shall we say......12 noon?"

"Deal! See you then."

"See you."

With that, Haneul ended the call. 

 

The week went by and Haneul and Kyungsoo go on with their lives as usual, without any cuddles or kisses, except for exchanging greetings. Since Haneul doesn't want to whip up another disaster in the kitchen, she just made some toast with jam for herself and Kyungsoo. She push the plate of toast towards him. "This is all I can make for you for now. So, don't ask for more," she said, not smiling. Kyungsoo ate quietly. "By the way, I'll be taking cooking lessons this Saturday, just to let you know. I'll be late on that day," Haneul informed him. "Go ahead and do what you want," Kyungsoo said without looking at her. He grab his bag and left the house. 

 

When Saturday came, Haneul went to Soojin's house for her cooking lesson. The girls went straight to the kitchen where Mrs Lee is preparing the ingredients. "The first thing we have to do is to make kimchi, since it's our staple food. I shall show you how to do it," Mrs Lee instructed. Haneul watched her carefully and learn from her. Soojin also follow along. 

"Now that we're done making the kimchi, we shall try to cook Korean dishes. The other dishes will be taught later," said Mrs Lee. The girls learn how to cook bibimbap, kimbap rolls, samgyetang and pajeon. They had fun learning how to cook and they were doing it for hours without realizing the time. Of course, the food can't go to waste. In the end, Mrs Lee and the girls ate the food they made. "This is fun. I never had so much fun in years," said Haneul, smiling. "Me too. Learning with my best friend is the best day of my life," Soojin agrees with a smile as well. Mrs Lee grins at them, laughing and chatting about their activity. 

Suddenly, Haneul's phone began to ring. It was a call from Kyungsoo. She quickly answered it. "Why aren't you home yet? Does your cooking lesson take hours to complete?" Kyungsoo shouted through the line. "Sorry, Kyungsoo. I guess we lost track of time," said Haneul. "I thought I told I'll be late."

"Yes, you did. The reason why I called you is Rina and Kai are coming over soon for tea. You better hurry home no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter