It's Not Too Late

On Screen Date to Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai told Chanyeol the truth of Haneul's identity as his wife one night during dinner. "........and then I heard Haneul talking about her caretaker being sick and all and couldn't pay for the surgery, something like that," Rina, who was also there, told him. "I didn't know Kyungsoo is married to Haneul. Why didn't he tell us the truth?" Chanyeol was surprised after he heard what his friends told him. "Beats me," said Kai, shrugging his shoulders. "I think he doesn't want any of us to spread it to anyone else," said Rina as she fiddle with her straw. "He will lose his fame if the fans knew about it."

"But still, he could have told us. I almost thought that Haneul was a housemaid for real," said Chanyeol. "So did I. I feel like making up to her," said Rina, sighing with sadness. "Me too. We ought to do something," said Kai. Together, they discussed it throughout dinner.

 

The next day, during lunch hour, Kyungsoo met his friends at a nearby cafe. "Hi, guys," he greeted. "What's up?" All the three friends stare at him. "Kyungsoo. Kai just told us about your marriage. I know you couldn't tell us. But I don't feel that you should keep Haneul's identity as your wife a secret," said Chanyeol. "What hyung is trying to say is that, you don't need to be scared to tell us. We can keep this among ourselves," said Kai. Rina nod her head and said, "Yeah, oppa. We almost treat her like a real housemaid."

Kyungsoo shuts his eyes, thinking about the marriage. "Well, now it's no use of telling. Haneul and I are......over!" he sighs. "And now, I just found out from my grandfather about everything. Including Haneul." He clenched his fists. "What did he tell you about Haneul?" Chanyeol asked with curiousity. "Yeah. Come on! Spill it out! Don't keep this to yourself anymore!" said Kai. "We're your friends. We can help you," said Rina. Kyungsoo pursed his lips and spill out the secret, "Haneul.....is my childhood friend."

"Childhood friend?" Rina's eyes were widened. "Yeah. She was the girl I played with every day in the orphanage she lives in. You could say we were best friends and......favorite playmate," said Kyungsoo, looking back at his happy memories when he was a kid. "In fact, we were almost in love." Then, he began to lightened up, "I guess that's why my family hooked up a marriage between me and her. It's because they know who she is. I'm glad they didn't let me marry a random person." 

"That's wonderful! Now that you know who she is, go and tell her that you were her childhood lover!" Rina encourages him. "But how can I? She probably hates me now, since I refused to pay for her caretaker's surgery," said Kyungsoo. "It's not too late to fix this mess up, hyung! You can still do it!" said Kai. Kyungsoo looked at Rina, "Are you sure you're okay letting me go to her?"

"Yes, of course. All I want for you is to be happy," said Rina, smiling. Kyungsoo smiled back. "And about the caretaker, hyung, Chanyeol and I have decided that you should use the money you sav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter