You Knew My Father?!

On Screen Date to Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojin and her family decide to celebrate Christmas early with Haneul before they leave for Mokpo the next day, as they won't be back until Christmas day. In the evening, the two girls helped Mrs Lee prepare dinner in the kitchen. "Something smells good in the oven," said Haneul as she sniffs the air. "I'm making roast chicken for tonight, since tonight is a special night," Mrs Lee winked at her. "And mashed potatoes, pasta and apple pie for dessert as well," said Soojin. "This is what we normally have for Christmas every year." Haneul nod her head. "This is gonna be one fun night." Mrs Lee and Soojin chuckle together.

Once they laid the food on the table, everyone sat at the table. Soojin and Haneul pop their crackers open and streamers filled the air while the parents smile and laughs with them. Next, they toast their glasses of wine. "Merry Christmas!" they cheered. "And thank you, Haneul, for being part of our family," said Mrs Lee. Haneul blushed as she grins shyly. "No, thank you, for making me part of your family."

"Let's not sit and stare at the delicious food. Everyone, dig in," announced Mr Lee. And the family, including Haneul, start to eat the food. "I never had something like this before, at least from what I remembered," said Haneul. "I remember after I was adopted, during Christmas time, I was shocked on how my parents do Christmas eve dinners. I have gotten use of it over the years," said Soojin. Everyone celebrate Christmas in their own ways. And it doesn't need to have the decorations or the tree. As long as you have the Christmas spirit in you," said Mrs Lee. "And maybe someday, when you have your own family, you can celebrate Christmas in your own way."

Haneul was lost in her thought. She imagined celebrating the holidays with Kyungsoo. "Maybe Mrs Lee is right. There's no right way to celebrate. It would be so wonderful to celebrate Christmas with Kyungsoo when we have our own family. Since he did say he's happy on having a child of our own, maybe he's ready to get married again. Maybe......maybe I am too willing to love him again. But I still need time to think about it." 

The next morning, Soojin and her family were ready to leave. "So, here are the keys to the house. Make sure you switch off everything before you leave," Mrs Lee instructed her on what to do. "Okay. Have fun at Mokpo," said Haneul, waving good bye. Soojin give her friend a hug. "I'll miss you. Have a great time with Kyungsoo this Christmas," she said. 

 

~~~~~~~

 

It was Christmas day at last. In the evening, Haneul got dress and left for Kyungsoo's house. She punch the password and enter the house. "Ohh! Haneul!!" Mrs Do squealed and gave her a hug. "I'm so glad you could come to celebrate Christmas with us." Haneul hugged back, "Merry Christmas, ma'am. I'm glad to see you too." Seungsoo and Kyungsoo were in the living room, putting up the last touch up on the decorations. "Hey, Haneul! Merry Christmas!" greeted Seungsoo. "Hello, Seungsoo oppa. And Merry Christmas to you too," Haneul greeted back. Kyungsoo smile and walk towards his favorite girlfriend. He gives a peck on the cheek. "You arrived just in time," he said. Haneul grin at him.

"I thought I hear voices," someone called from the stairs. A man came down to the living room. Haneul was startled, as she hasn't seen him before. "Oh, honey. You're up at last. Hope you got a good rest," Mrs Do said to him. "Oh, Haneul, I'd like you to meet my father," Kyungsoo introduced his father to her. "He just came back from overseas last night and he was resting earlier from the jet lag." Haneul bow formally at him and greet him. Mr Do look at her with impre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter