A Dinner Disaster

On Screen Date to Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haneul was having her lunch break after her first job at the restaurant. Soojin came over to meet her up during lunch time. She even had a present for her. "Hi, best friend. I have a surprise for you," she greeted. "Thanks. But my birthday is over," Haneul laughed. Soojin laugh along. "I know. But I bought something that can be useful for you." Haneul open the present and saw a smartphone inside. "Oh my! It's a......." she gasped. Soojin grins at her. "Yep. I noticed you only had the flip phone. Since we're all living in the world of smartphones, I thought of giving you one so you don't feel left out," she said. "Both my mom and I chose this phone for you."

Haneul was speechless at her new phone. "I never receive this kind of gift before. Thank you, Soojin," she said with a tear in her eyes. "Anything for a friend," said Soojin. Then, she teaches her the function of the smartphone.

 

When evening came, Haneul look at her watch. It was 1 minute before her shift is over. "Boss, can I leave early tonight? My......um.....friend is having a party with his friends. I need to go home and prepare the dinner," she requested. "Well, since your shift is almost over, sure," said the manager. Haneul thanked him and quickly pack her stuff to leave for home.

When she reached home, Kyungsoo and his friends haven't arrived yet. "I'm glad you're back on time. Kyungsoo and his buddies will be here soon," said Seungsoo. Haneul put down her things and went to the kitchen. "What's the best dish I can cook that is fast?" she asked. "Hmm.....I think we can just prepare a simple ramen dish for them. That's the only dish I know that can be done in a minute," suggested Seungsoo.

The two of them get started on the ramen. Seungsoo gather the ramen noodle packets while Haneul boiled the water. Unfortunately, she doesn't know how many friends Kyungsoo has invited. But she has no time to think about it. 

 

Thanks to Seungsoo, the ramen is done in no time. "I hope Kyungsoo and his guests likes it," Haneul thought in her mind. At last, Kyungsoo arrived home, along with Chanyeol, Kai and Rina. "Nice house you lived in, hyung," Kai said with impress. "Thanks. It was originally belonged to my grandfather. But now he gave it to me and my brother," said Kyungsoo, feeling proud. He introduced Seungsoo to them. "You've probably met my brother before."

"Hi, hyung. Great to see you," said Chanyeol. "Welcome to our home," Seungsoo just greeted them with a smile. "He's as handsome as you are, Kyungsoo," said Rina. "Thanks," Kyungsoo said, smiling. "Shall we head for dinner first? I bet you guys are hungry." The four friends head straight to the dining hall. Rina noticed Haneul in the kitchen. "Oh? Who's she, Kyungsoo? Did you invite another person to join us?"

Kyungsoo saw her, "Oh, she's....uh......she's my......housemaid. Yeah. Her name is Haneul. I hired her yesterday." Unfortunately, Haneul heard him and she was hurt. "What?! Housemaid?! Real smooth answer, Mr Do Kyungsoo!" she grumbles to herself. "In that case......housemaid!! Is our dinner ready?" Rina called. Haneul brings out the dish. When they look at the dish, they were not impressed. "Ramen noodles?!" gasped Chanyeol. "Hey! We're expecting something nice and you cooked for us ramen?" asked Kyungsoo. "I'm sorry....sir! This is the best I can do on such short notice," Haneul played along to his game. But she was still upset at him for calling her a housemaid.

"Never mind, Kyungsoo. As long as there's food on the table," said Chanyeol. With their tummies grumbling, everyone begin to take a bite. Howeve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter