Confused

Milk Moustache
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14

Confused

 

"You… remember?" Minju asked to her friend, with her eyes widen in shock.

Chaewon nodded silently and looked down, avoiding her eyes.

Minju scoffed, "S-So why did you pretended like you didn't know anything?!”

Chaewon sighed, “I really didn’t remember it the day after it happened. But after I got home and sleep, the memories came back.”

"I can't believe you…" Minju muttered, pissed.

“Well, I thought it was a dream, honestly. I’ve never even picture us to do that! It took me some time to accept it. I was just as shocked as you!” Chaewon continued.

Minju shook her head, speechless.

"I mean, how am I supposed to act if I told you that I remember what happened?" Chaewon asked, desperate.

Minju rolled her eyes, “Excuses. You are such a coward.”

Chaewon gasped, offended, “Yah Kim Minju! I’m not a coward! I would’ve just tell you if I like you that way! But it was the soup that made me do it!”

"I didn't mean to kiss you; it was the stupid mushroom!" Chaewon added.

Minju snorted, “What are you saying? That it was all the mushroom’s fault? That you didn’t mean anything you said? Or did?”

Chaewon bit her lip, "Minju-ah, I'm sorry."

"Whatever."

Chaewon sighed, “I’m not fully blaming the mushroom. I-

She paused.

"Listen, I really care about you," she added.

Minju looked at Chaewon and their gazes met. Chaewon looked so miserable and it was reflected in her eyes.

"I really care about you. That’s why I can't afford losing you."

Minju gulped, "What are you talking about?"

Chaewon looked away, "I can't risk this."

"I can't risk what we have."

"I can't risk our friendship."

She paused.

"I'm sorry I made you feel that way. But to me, you're always…”

Minju held her breath, waiting for Chaewon to finish her sentence.



“My best friend."



**



"Saku-chan, calm down," Chaeyeon said as she gently rubbed Sakura's back.

The Japanese girl couldn’t stop crying and it’s almost 20 minutes since they left the dancefloor. Chaeyeon and Hyewon took her to an empty pantry for staff to calm her down. So many things running through Sakura’s mind and she can’t stop worrying.

Is Eunbi okay?

What happened to her?

Sakura bit her lip, trying to stop crying. She looked up at her friends.

"She might get hurt…" she said suddenly, sobbing.

"Saku-chan, don’t say that," Hyewon said as she held Sakura's hand.

"T-This is all because of me,” she muttered.

Hyewon and Chaeyeon looked at each other, trying to find words to comfort their friend.

"It's not your fault," Chaeyeon said.

Sakura looked at Chaeyeon, "Yes, it is my fault.”

“I should've known that our relationship will hurt her one day."

And then she looked at Hyewon.

"Hyewon, I should've listened to you the first time. You were right. I should’ve stop before it gets too far."

Hyewon shook her head, "Yah, put some sense into your head, Saku-chan!”

Sakura gulped.

Hyewon let out a heavy sigh, "Sakura, you’ve promised me, remember?"

"You’ve promised me that you won’t give up on this love easily. You two are in love with each other. Hopelessly in love."

Hyewon smiled, "And that's all that matters."



**



"It's not love," Chaewon said.

“Whatever you’re feeling for me, it’s not love. You're just confused after what happened," she added.

Minju scoffed, “Confused?

She tried to keep calm but tears were b in her eyes. She closed her eyes. It was too painful for her to take.

"You're not in love with me, Minju-ah," Chaewon said again.

Minju looked at her, her eyebrows scrunched, "Yah Kim Chaewon. Who are you to decide what my feelings are?”

Chaewon bit her lip.

"I know what I feel. I know it’s real,” she added. She closed her eyes and tears rolled down her cheeks.

Minju wiped her tears with the back of her hand.

"You think I want to feel this way? To be miserable?”

She sighed, “Yah, I didn't ask for this."

Chaewon says, "But if I didn't drink the mushroom soup and kissed you-

Minju cuts in, “Even if you didn’t drink the mushroom soup and kiss me, it would still be the same.”

"The truth is I've always been in love with you."

Minju stared into Chaewon's eyes, "I don't know how or when I fell in love with you."


"It just happens."



**



"I must look like mess right now. I need to go to the restroom…" Sakura said as she slowly got up from the chair.

Chaeyeon helped her getting up by holding her arm.

"Let me take you there," offered Hyewon.

Sakura turned to her and smiled, "It's okay, I can go by myself."

"Are you sure?" Hyewon asked, concern.

"Don't worry."


**


Sakura made her way to the restroom herself as she was wiping the tears with her hands. She really appreciated her friends for being there for her, but at the m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter