Pleasant

Milk Moustache
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

Pleasant


"You did this feature article by yourself? Yesterday?" said a middle aged woman in a dark grey suit.

She lowered her glasses to take a better look at Sakura. They were in the Director Kwon Eunjin’s office, as Sakura was presenting the featurette that she made yesterday. She and Eunbi were sitting at a sofa opposite her, presenting her with the slides they made.

"Yes, she lead the team and then finished the editing by herself, Aunt Eunjin," Eunbi replied, smiling.

Director Kwon nodded, her expression is unreadable. Sakura was not sure if she liked it or not. She clasped her hands on her lap, sitting straight like a model citizen.

"This is… amazing,” Eunjin said with a huge smile across her face.

"This concept, the photos and the article are all great, I think we will run it for our next month's issue."

Sakura’s eyes widen in shock. She couldn’t believe what was happening.

"To be finishing an article like this within just a day, I never knew we have such talented young people in our company."

Eunjin looked at Sakura and Eunbi alternately.

"You girls know about the upcoming winter fashion show, right?"

Sakura and Eunbi both nodded.

“Of course,” Eunbi replied.

"I want you both to go and do a special scoop on it," she said.

Both Eunbi and Sakura gasped this time. They looked at each other in disbelief.

"Aunt, are you serious? That's a major end year event. Are you sure about handing the work to us?"

The older woman leaned her back on the sofa and smiled, "I have faith in both of you. Have fun."



**


"What a beautiful couple," a few girls were gushing as they saw a young couple walking out hand in hand from the cinema.

"Isn't that the guy from the MeloMeli CF? Oh my god, he's so cute!" said a high school girl as they walked passed them.

Kenta grinned proudly.

"You're getting famous now, Ken-chan," Sakura said.

Kenta looked at his girlfriend, "Jealous?"

Sakura rolled her eyes, "I'm not."

Kenta leaned down and kissed the side of Sakura's hair.

"Why are you so cute?" He said.

Sakura blushed.

They walked to the nearby park and sat at one of the wooden bench. They didn't say anything, just enjoying each other's company. Kenta had been so busy lately with the sudden rush of modelling deals that they hardly spend time together.

"Ken-chan, I'll be going on a business trip soon."

"Oh really? When?"

"This Saturday. It’s outside Seoul so we'll be spending a night at the hotel."

He raised an eyebrow, "We?"

Sakura nodded, "Me and… Kwon Eunbi."

He gasped, "Your psycho boss?"

"Don't say that! She's not a psycho."

"Isn't she's the one who was touching your face just a few weeks ago?"

Sakura shrugged, "She thought I was someone else, it was a mistake all along."

Kenta looked away, "Can you, like… not go?"

Sakura bit her lip and turned to look at him. He sounded serious.

"Ken-chan, this is a great opportunity for me to prove myself to them of my real potential. I can really shine. This is a major event."

He kept silent.

"They don't usually give this kind of opportunity to just anyone, you know?” she added.

Kenta looked down, his expression is unreadable.

"Just, don't go. I don’t feel right letting you spending a night out alone with that woman," Kenta said, serious.

Sakura stared at him, and suddenly she felt so frustrated.

"You're too much,” she hissed.

She continued, "I've never stopped you from doing anything you want. You even went away for weeks and left me alone. You don't even pick up my calls anymore!"

He scoffed, "Sakura! How many times do I have to tell you that I was busy that day? I was at a signing event overseas and they took my phone. It was not like I was doing it on purpose!"

"Yeah right, you and your excuses," Sakura rolled her eyes.

He huffed, "That has nothing to do with this! I just don't want you to be too close with your psycho boss!"

Sakura turned to look at him, tears b in her eyes.

"S-She was the one who took care of me when I was sick the other day. I called you hundreds of times, and you didn't even bother to pick up the phone or return any of my calls until hours later."

Kenta bit her lip. She was taking her side.

"And stop calling her a psycho. You don't even know her."

Sakura grabbed her bag, "I have to go."

She stood up and was about to leave, but Kenta grabbed her arm.

"Sakura, don't go."

Kenta stared into Sakura's eyes, begging her not to leave.

"Let me go, please," Sakura said, pulling her arm away.

He slowly loosens her grip on her arm. Sakura pulled her arm and walked away without even looking back.

Kenta watched as his girlfriend slowly disappeared from his view. His heart felt heavier with each steps Sakura took walking away from him.


**


Hyewon was walking into the office with a big sandwich in her right hand. She stepped into the office and she saw something. A creature was standing in the middle of the office, staring straight at her with huge eyes.

"Oh my god!" Hyewon was so surprised that she dropped her sandwich on the floor.

"Who- what are you?!" she asked the thing.

"Hyewon hhuu, I'm Yena..hhhuu" replied the thing, breathing heavily.

"Yena?! Why are you wearing an industrial gas mask?!"

"I..hhhhu..doesn't want..hhhhhu..to risk everyone..hhhhu" Yena replied from under the mask.

Hyewon sighed, "If you’re still sick then don't come to work!"

"But hhhhu.. the doctor said I'm free of the virus..hhhhhhu.., but I just wanted..hhhhhu..to be safe."

Hyewon stared at the alien-Yena thinking that she had finally lost it.

"Hyewon-ah hhhhhu.. wear this."

Yena handed Hyewon a gas mask identical to hers.

Hyewon looked at the mask and then to Yena.

"What? No! I don't want to wear this!"

"You must wear it...hhhhu...for protection."

"No!"

"Please..hhhu..wear it.."
 

 

**

 

Sakura was waiting in front of the elevator, waiting for it to arrive. She was in a good mood that morning. She woke up early, managed to prepare some breakfast for Minju and arrived early to work. She’s looking forward to go the office these days.

“You’re early,” said a familiar voice.

Sakura turned to her side and saw her boss, Eunbi.

She smiled sheepishly, “Well, I don’t want to be late to work anymore. My boss is really strict with timing you see; she won’t forgive me even if I’m only one second late.”

Eunbi smiled at her, and it already made Sakura’s day brighter.

“Sounds like you hate your boss to guts.”

Sakura nodded, “Oh I hate her. I can’t stand her.”

Eunbi’s lips curled up, “You mean, you can’t stand to be away from her?”

Sakura’s face turned red and she quickly looked away.

Eunbi chuckled, “I’m just kidding.”

The elevator arrived and they both entered. A few more people entered the elevator and they both stopped talking. Eunbi glanced at Sakura and their eyes met. The younger gave her a grin and she can’t help but smiling back at her. They only broke their eye contact when they finally arrived at their office’s floor.

The two of them walked to the office together. Eunbi pushed the door open for Sakura as if she was a princess entering the palace, all was great until, she was greeted by a sight of an alien in a yellow shirt.

Sakura was so startled, "Oh my god! What is that?!"

She blurted in Japanese.

Hyewon and Yena tu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter