Soulmate

Milk Moustache
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

Soulmate


 

"Mmm Sakura.."

A young woman was sleeping on her bed, with drool around . Both of her hands are wrapped around a bolster.

A younger girl was holding a phone, recording her sister’s sleeping habit with a mischievous grin on her face.

"Hehe this is great content…"

"I loveee you," murmured the older sister, still unaware of the younger’s shenanigans.

She moved closer to the pillow and puckered her lips as if the pillow was a real person.

The younger girl’s face beamed as she moved closer for a close up.

"Yeah, that's right, kiss that Pikkura…"

"Pikkura...eh?"

The older girl’s eyes were shot open, and sat up straight on her bed. She looked at her little sister with wide eyes. Her eyes alternated from her sister’s naughty smirk and the phone in her hand.

“Yah Yujin, what the hell?!”

"Let me guess, Kwon Eunbi, you're dreaming of your soulmate again, right?" asked the 16 year-old, Kwon Yujin.
 

The older sister’s face turned red. Not only that her sister was disturbing her sleep, trespassing her room, recording without consent, and now she’s dropping honorifics too. They are almost 8 years apart but Yujin treats her like they’re the same age. She’s been doing that a lot lately. Maybe she’s in the rebel phase, Eunbi thinks.


"Go ahead and kiss Pikkura, don't mind me standing here," she said casually.

Eunbi tried to stay calm, "Yujin, please."

"I wonder how hot this video will get if I post this on Instagram?"

Eunbi gasped, "Instagram?! Don't you dare!"

Yujin doesn't seem to be a bit scared of Eunbi's. She was actually enjoying it.

"What caption would be suitable for this video? Hmm?”

"My sister and her pillow lover? Or making out with a pillow?”

Eunbi couldn't stand it anymore, she tried to grab the phone and Yujin's neck but the younger girl was faster. By the time Eunbi climbed down from her bed, Yujin was already in front of the door with the phone, grinning. Thanks to her long legs.

The older sister grabbed her favorite pillow and throws it with full force towards Yujin and it landed on her face.

"Eewwww! This thing has your drool all over it!"

Eunbi charged towards Yujin and grabbed her head and put it between her arm, a perfect headlock. Yujin tried to fight but though she’s taller than her sister, the older was stronger. She was about to be strangled by her older sister when their mom came into the room.

"Girls, it's our first day back in Seoul and you're already on each other's necks," said their mother, Madam Kwon.

Eunbi shrugged, "Geographical difference doesn't change one's nature. A monkey is still a monkey wherever they are."

Yujin sulked, “Mom she called me a monkey!”

"Eunbi, don't call your sister a monkey."

Eunbi rolled her eyes. She released her sister from her grip and headed to the bathroom. Yujin stuck out her tongue at her in victory. Eunbi pretended not to notice her.

"Hurry up and let's have a breakfast together," their mom offered.

"No thanks mom, I'm just going to grab something on the way to the office."

"You're going to start working today? Don't you want to rest for a few days?"

"It's okay. I can't wait to start,” Eunbi replied, smiling.


**


A young woman was sleeping on her bed, wearing a white tee and shorts, there was also a blanket that was already kicked on the floor. There was a Switch by her bedside, the one she played before going to sleep last night.

Her phone’s alarm started to beep annoyingly as it hits six in the morning. She opened her eyes lazily and squinted a few times as she turned off the alarm. She sat up on her bed, stretches her arms and legs and then ran a hand over her short bob ash brown hair.

"It’s going to be another great day," she muttered to herself with a smile.

Miyawaki Sakura made her way to the bathroom after tidying up her bed. She put on the clothes that she had already picked the day before and then sat at the vanity table to put on her makeup. Satisfied with her outfit for the day, which was a white long sleeve shirt and a black skirt, she made her way to the room beside hers.

She pushed the door and peeked inside through the crack, "Are you up yet, cousin?"

There's a bump on the bed underneath the covers that seems like a human body. She entered the room and stood next to the bed, with her arms crossed.

"Wake up, Minju. Get ready for school."

"I'm already awake, unnie…." mumbled her Korean cousin, Kim Minju from under the covers.

"I'll pick you up when I get back, you better get ready by then," she said, firm.

Minju pulled down the blanket and looked at Sakura, "You're going to the cafe?"

"I have a breakfast date with Ken-chan. You want anything?"

“Sandwich…” mumbled Minju before started to lose consciousness and snored again.

Sakura sighed and walked out muttering words that sounded like lazy and .

The two cousins were close since they were young. They are not really cousins by blood but their fathers grew up together like real brothers. They grew up like real cousins too. When Sakura moved from Tokyo to Seoul for her job, Minju decided to live with her while she’s studying in the college.


Please Subscribe to read the full chapter