Dangerous

Milk Moustache
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 18

Dangerous

 

It was another day at the office.

The time was almost 5pm but everyone are still busy finishing their work at their desks. Minju kept glancing at the clock on the wall, checking the time. She has promised Yujin to meet after work that day.

Her friend, Chaewon noticed her acting antsy on her seat and she knows why. She tightened her grip on the pen she was holding, trying to keep calm. She looks fine on the outside, she was joking around with Yena and Hyewon earlier, and even sat next to Minju during lunch. She tries her best to make everything as normal as possible. Turning back the time to when they didn’t cross the line of just friends.

But she wasn’t fine at all.

Her heart was crying in pain knowing that Minju will go on a date with Yujin later. She felt so helpless. Because she was too much of a coward to do anything.

“Minju-ah,” called Eunbi suddenly.

Her head was peeking from her office’s door.

“Yes Ms. Kwon?” replied Minju.

“Can you come see me in the office for a while?”

 

**
 

“What is it, Ms. Kwon?” Minju asked politely.

They were in her office, just the two of them. Eunbi was leaning her back against her desk with her arms crossed. She was wearing a black suit with a white blouse underneath, looking elegant as always.

“Minju, you’re going out with Yujin later, right?” she asked.

The younger girl nodded, “Yes. She said she’ll come and pick me up.”

Eunbi snorted, “She’s trying so hard.”

She dropped her hands and clasped it together.

“She seems to really like you, you know?”

“Really?”

“Yujin is… a Kwon after all. If she wants something, she’ll do anything to get it. I’m just worried if she gets a bit aggressive with you. Her hormones are raging at this age.”

“Aggressive?”

Eunbi sighed, “She’s still underage, you know what I mean?”

Minju stared at her blankly.

“I really like you, Minju. But I hope you can keep things controlled while on the date. There are lines you shouldn’t cross, she’s still a baby in my eyes.”

Minju gasped, her face flushed, “Oh. You mean-

“D-Don’t worry about that. I wouldn’t do anything to her. I am aware that she is a minor. Plus, I’m only going out with her as… a friend or a senior.”

Eunbi smiled, “I’ll trust you then. You are my Kkura’s cousin after all.”

 

**

 

Yujin came to pick up Minju at 5.30pm at the office.

When she walked in, everyone was in awe with her appearance. She was wearing a plaid long coat with jeans. She looked like a different person. She doesn’t look like the playful high school student in mustard yellow uniform and a backpack, she looks mature.

Chaewon felt even more helpless as she watched Minju linking her arms with Yujin and left through the door. They look really good together, like a perfect couple. Yujin was also taller than Minju, and their s weren’t apparent at all.

She could feel tears b in her eyes again.

 

**

 

Yujin took Minju for dinner at one of her favorite Japanese restaurant in town. They ordered sashimi platter for two and green tea.

“Do they have soda here? Or plain water?” Yujin asked.

Minju chuckled, “Why? You don’t like green tea?”

Yujin pursed her lips and shook her head, “It’s bitter. My sister loves it so much though. But she’s a weirdo so that’s a given.”

Minju gasped, “But I like green tea. Does that mean I’m a weirdo too?”

Yujin shook her head vigorously, “What? No! You’re not a weirdo, you’re… pretty.”

She said it sheepishly, avoiding Minju’s eyes.

The older girl laughed, “You change your statement pretty fast.”

“What do you mean? I love green tea. Can’t live without it.”

“You just said that it’s bitter and only weirdos like it!”

“I mean bitter is good! Bitter means it’s good for your body!” Yujin retorted.

“Okay Yujin-ah, you win. Now drink that.”

Yujin glanced at the cup of hot green tea and sighed.

“Fine. I’m drinking this, for you.”

“Aww, that’s so sweet.”

Yujin grabbed the cup and took a sip, “No, it’s bitter!”

“I mean you’re being sweet,” Minju corrected.

Yujin smiled, “You think I’m sweet?”

The older girl nodded, “You are. You’re so charming, Yujin-ah, I bet you are popular at school.”

Yujin tucked her hair behind her right ear and smiled.

“You bet I am.”

“I’m part of the track and field team, and I’m the ace.”

“Ah you’re the jock.”

Yujin grinned, “A popular one. I received more than 50 confessions on valentines or white day. I got so much presents that I just eat chocolates for the whole week.”

“If you’re so popular, why didn’t you have a girlfriend yet?”

Yujin sighed, “I had girlfriends. I dated the cutest Japanese transfer student earlier this year, and also this pretty junior of mine late last year. Well, there’s more but I can’t list them all.”

Minju looked at her, amused, “Then why are you single now?”

The younger girl shrugged, “I got bored easily with them. Actually I like… older girls. Like you.”

She kept her gaze on Minju for a while, causing the older girl to blush.

“W-Well, I’m flattered,” she said, looking away.

“Let’s not talk about exes on our date,” Yujin said suddenly.

She smiled and leaned forward,

“Let’s talk about you.”

 

**

The dinner went on for almost two hours as they just spent the time talking about the little things. Minju told her about her university and the professors there, just giving her a glimpse of her future place. Yujin being the charmer she was, she let Minju talk and just listened to her intently.

Minju had forgotten that she was with a high school student. Eunbi was right, Yujin easily makes her forget that fact.

“But to get into our university isn’t easy. You really have to score,” Minju said.

“Have you been studying hard?” she asked.

Yujin pouted, “Well, I’m studying whenever I can.”

“Really? What was your rank for the last exam?”

Yujin looked at Minju and sulked.

“Let’s not talk about my grades.”

Minju laughed, “Seems like a sensitive topic for you.”

“I may not be good now, but I’ll work so hard to enter the same university as you. You’ll be surprised.”

“You’re so determined.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter