Guardian

Milk Moustache
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16

Guardian

 


"Okay, today I'll let you have one request," Eunbi said to her girlfriend, Sakura.

They were walking along the romantic walkway along the river, with their hands glued to each other after the emotional talk they had at the park.

"One request?"

Eunbi nods, "Yes, you can ask me to do anything and I'll do it for you."

The older woman was just trying to cheer her girlfriend.

"Anything?" Sakura asked, amused.

"Yes anything, baby," Eunbi said confidently.

“Hmm, let me think,” Sakura pondered for a while. She has a lot of ideas on her mind, ranging from innocent to naughty ones. And she just couldn’t choose.

As they were walking along the shops, she noticed a place that would be perfect for her request.

"I want that!" Sakura exclaimed as she pulled Eunbi to stop.

“What?”

Sakura was grinning happily as she pointed at a store.

Eunbi looked at the direction she pointed, it was an arcade.

"So you want to play games at an arcade?" Eunbi asked.

Sakura turned to look at her girlfriend and smirked, "Not me, you."

Eunbi stared at Sakura and the arcade alternately.

"Me? I’m at games though!" Eunbi said, shaking her head.

"Eun, you promised that you'll do anything for me. Yet you can’t do this one simple thing?" Sakura asked, pouting.

Eunbi chuckled and reached to pinched Sakura’s cheeks lightly.

"Fine. Anything for you, Kkura."

They entered the arcade, and it was filled with mostly teenagers who came with the group of friends or in couples. Eunbi felt a bit awkward being there, the last time she went to the arcade was when she was in college, and only because she was dragged along by her friends. But Sakura seems excited, like a kid. Eunbi steal a few glances at her girlfriend, whose eyes were open wide in excitement as they walk. She smiled at the sight.

"There!" Sakura pointed at a machine. It was a claw machine, with lots of plush toys in it.

Sakura dragged Eunbi with her to the machine.

"I want that one. Get it for me," Sakura pointed at a doll in the machine.

Sakura had asked for a ginger cat plush toy.

“You want that cat?”

“I love cats, Eun. I want that cat.”

Eunbi sighed, “I can just buy you other cat plushies sold in stores if you want. This claw machine is just a trap to make you spend ridiculous amount for a cheap toy!”

Sakura pouted, "So, you can't do it?"

Eunbi couldn’t fight that look. She gave in, "I can try. But I gotta warn you that I’m at it."

The older woman sat on the stool in front of the machine and inserted money. Sakura smiled as she stood behind her, squeezing her shoulders for support.

“How do I play this again? It’s been a while so I already forgot how to.”

"You have to control this so that you can grab the toy," Sakura showed Eunbi the controller.

"Look at him," she pointed at a guy at the machine next to them. He was also trying to get his girlfriend a toy from the machine.

Eunbi observed him intently.

He grabbed the stick and with his eyes focused, he hit the button. The claw dropped down and it grabbed the teddy bear below. It was a success.

"YES!" the guy shouted in joy.

He took the teddy bear and gave it to his girlfriend. She was so overjoyed, she wrapped her arms around him and they spun around a few times.

"Thanks honey! I love you!" she said before she kissed her boyfriend’s cheeks. They walked away with arms around each other and a teddy bear in hand.

Eunbi let out a sigh, "I want a kiss too."

Sakura giggled, "Baby I'll give you kisses, and not only on your cheeks.”

She winked, causing the other girl to blush.

Eunbi was fired up, "Okay, I'll get the cat for you!"


**


Half an hour had passed and Eunbi was still sitting on the stool, trying to get the doll.

Sakura sighed, she begin to regret asking Eunbi to win the doll for her. She was right; she's at it.

"Eun, it's okay. I don’t want the kitty doll anymore.”

Eunbi shook her head, "No! I must get it for you!"

“You’ve already spent so much. Let’s just go home.”

“I’m almost there, Kkura-ya! One more try!”

Sakura grabbed Eunbi’s arm, pulling her up from the stool, "I'm tired baby. Let's go home."

"But… I promised to get it for you."

Sakura smiled, "It's okay. I just want you."



**


Eunbi drove Sakura home that evening, and then walk her to the front door, their hands clasped onto each other.

“Good night Kkura baby,” Eunbi said as she reached forward to pat her girlfriend’s hair.

"Stay with me tonight, Eun," Sakura said pouting.

Eunbi smiled and shook her head.

"I want to stay, but I have a family gathering tomorrow morning with my grandfather present as well. I can’t be late for that. My parents are also back from Tokyo earlier today."

Sakura nodded, "Oh. It can’t be helped then."

"I'll see you tomorrow.”

"Hmm, fine," Sakura replied, sulking.

Eunbi smiled and pinched Sakura’s cheek before turning around and walked to her car. Sakura watched as her girlfriend walked away, slightly frustrated.

She cleared , "Eun, aren't you forgetting something?"

Eunbi paused and she turned around. She saw her Japanese girlfriend standing in front of the door with her arms crossed, and her lips pouting. Eunbi cannot help but chuckles. Cute.

She walked back towards her sulking girlfriend. She wrapped her arms around her shoulders and pulled her down to hug her tightly. Sakura yelped and then laughed.

“You’re short!” she said, laughing.

“It’s okay because I like having a taller girlfriend,” Eunbi replied cheekily.

She pulled away and they looked at each other.

"Now we're okay?" Eunbi asked.

Sakura was still pouting, "Kiss me, stupid."

Eunbi smiled; wrapping her arms around Sakura’s neck and slightly tiptoed to reach her lips. Sakura circled her arms around Eunbi’s waist and leaned down to return the kiss.

They both pulled away and smiled at each other.

"I'll be cold tonight. No blankie," Sakura said.

Eunbi Sakura's hair gently, "Blankie will be with you tomorrow night."



**


The next morning, the Kwon family gathered in the main estate for breakfast. Their family will at least gathered for once a month, meeting their grandfather, Mr. Kwon Deokgu. He has two children, the eldest is his son, Kwon Yunseok and daughter, Kwon Eunjin. Yunseok is married to Ahn Eunyoung, and they’ve been blessed with two daughters, Eunbi and Yujin. Eunjin is married with Lim Jaemin, and the couple has a son, Jaebum.

The eight of them gathered at the large table in the dining room that morning, feasting on the breakfast served. They were having Korean herbal chicken soup, Samgyetang with rice and a table full of side dishes.

Eunbi chewed on her food mindlessly thinking why she was there with these boring people when at the same time she can be snuggling with Sakura in her bed. It is the weekend after all. Minju is usually at the library to study on weekends. She would usually help Sakura making breakfast in the kitchen afterwards, then just watch her play games, and make out on the sofa in between. She smiled at the thought.

"Why are you smiling, cousin?" Jaebum asked.

Eunbi choked her food upon hearing Jaebum's question. She reached for a glass of water and quickly gulped it down.

Yujin smirked, "She’s probably thinking about Pikku-ahhh!”

Eunbi pinched Yujin's arm before she went on and embarrassing her in front of the whole family. Jaebum chuckled.

"Are you okay, Eunbi?" her grandfather asked, concerned.

Eunbi hit her chest gently before looking at him.

"I'm okay, grandfather. Don't worry."

Eunbi could feel eyes on her, and when she looked up, she noticed that her Aunt Eunjin was staring at her. She smirked and looked away after their eyes met briefly.

"I have something I want to tell everyone," Eunjin suddenly spoke.

Eunbi had a bad feeling about this.

"It's about Eunbi," she continued.

Oh no.

"Eunbi?" Grandpa Kwon asked.

Eunjin nodded. Everyone at the table looked at her, waiting for her to speak. Eunbi gulped.

Is she going to tell about me and Sakura?

"She's doing a great job at the company," Eunjin said.

Huh?

Eunbi looked at her, confused.

"She’s only been in the company for 3 months but I could already see her potential. She’s so good that I think it's time that we promote her position," Eunjin continued.

Huh?

"Really?" Eunbi's dad, Yunseok was pleasantly surprised.

Eunjin nodded, "Yes oppa, our magazine had increased in number of sales since she joined us."

"I'm so proud of you dear," Eunbi's mom, Yubin said.

Eunbi smiled awkwardly, she did not expect this from her aunt at all.

"I think it's time for us to trust her with something bigger," Eunjin added, glancing at her father.

Grandpa Kwon nodded, "I agree. What are you suggesting, Eunjin?"

Eunjin smiled widely and looked at everyone at the table. Finally her gaze fell on Eunbi and their eyes met.

She smiled, "We’re opening an office in New York within this year."

Eunbi stared at her, speechless.

"I think Eunbi should lead our New York office. She studies there too, I can’t think of anyone more appropriate than her."

“W-What?!”

Eunjin smiled, “You’re going to America, my dear niece.”


**


"What are you going to do now?" Yujin asked.

Eunbi has been pacing the floor in h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter