Journal

Milk Moustache
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 29

Journal



The rest of Yujin’s squad, minus the highschoolers were waiting outside, celebrating their victory. Their plan went through smoothly.

"I never thought crashing a wedding would be this fun." Hyewon said.

Chaewon nodded, "We should do this again sometimes.”

Yena shook her head, "You guys are crazy."

"We'll crash your wedding, Chaewon," Hyewon said suddenly.

"Eh?"

"Maybe you'll be forced to marry some guy but you want to be with Minju," Hyewon added.

"W-What are you talking about?! We’re just friends!" Chaewon shouted, her face red.

"It was just an example. Why are you so worked up?" Hyewon asked to the blushing girl.

Minju looked at their exchange, couldn’t help but feeling amused. It does seem like Chaewon was blushing at the idea of them being together. She was even avoiding her eyes. She wondered why.

Chaewon looked away, but she was muttering words under her breath, "Yeah, yeah you guys must crash my wedding in the future..."

"HEY GUYS!" someone shouted excitedly.

Sakura was running towards them; she was still in her wedding dress. Yujin was trailing right behind her, holding Sakura’s veil that she already took off.

Yena grinned, "Well, I know you want to thank us for everything that we've...

Sakura walked past Yena and grabbed Hyewon’s arms, "Where's your car?"

"Eh? My what?"

Sakura sighed, "YOUR CAR!"

Hyewon gulped, "I parked it quite far from here because we were running late for the preparation.”

Yujin scoffed, “What?? Why don’t you just pay for the valet?? I told you to pay for the valet!”

"Because it’s expensive, Yujin!"

Yujin crossed her arms and looked away.

“Hey, Sakura are you okay?" asked Hyewon, concerned.

Sakura shook her head vigorously, "I’M NOT OKAY! I NEED A CAR RIGHT NOW!!"

“You need a ride, Saku-chan?” asked a voice from her side.

Juri was standing there with keys in her hand. Car keys. She pressed a button and a car right in front of them blinked it lights.

"Ah Juri, I’m sorry to ask you this after meeting again after years, but yes, I need a ride. Is that your car?” Sakura said, desperately.

Juri smiled, "Yes. Where do you want to go?"



**



"It's good that your car is an MPV, it fits everyone in here," Yujin said, casually.

"Ahaha, yeah," Juri replied, awkwardly.

Her car is filled with the people she just met. There’s Sakura, Hyewon, Chaewon, Minju, Yena and Yujin in her car. She’s excited to be reunited with Sakura since they haven’t met for more than 6 years. But this is not exactly how she imagined she would catch up with her.

"I thought you were single. You were acting like a single person the whole time," Hyewon said to the girl who's sitting beside the driver's seat.

Yena chuckled, "Really? I never really hide it though."

"How long have you two been dating?" Minju asked, curious.

Juri smiled at her via the rear view mirror, "2 years. We met at-

"CAN YOU DRIVE FASTER?! MY BLANKIE IS GOING TO FLY AWAY!" Sakura shouted.

“Y-Your what?”

“JUST DRIVE!”


 

**



They finally arrived at the airport after a 45 minutes’ drive. It was rush hour in Seoul and the traffic wasn’t making their journey easier. As soon as the car stopped, Sakura rushed out from the car and ran inside the departure hall, not caring the eyes of the onlookers. There’s nothing more dramatic than a girl in a wedding dress running through the airport.

She pushed through the people towards the departure gate, but soon she was stopped by a man in a uniform.

"Miss, you can't go in there without a ticket," said the custom officer.

"When is the flight New York?" asked Sakura, panting.

The officer checked the board, "The last one was at 2.00 pm. It's already departed.”

"Is there any other flights to New York today?"

The officer shook his head, "That's the only flight for today."


She could feel her heart breaking.
 

Eunbi… you left me? Really?

 

She turned around from the officer. Her shoulders slumped and she couldn’t feel her feet touching the ground. She dragged her feet as she fixed her eyes on the marble floor. Her mind went blank, and for a moment she feels- nothing.

There’s a huge void inside her heart.

Empty.

Suddenly she saw droplets of water on the floor. She touched her cheeks and it was wet. She didn’t even realize when the tears begin rolling down her cheeks.

She stopped in her steps. She was in the middle of the crowd and at times accidentally pushed around by other people, but she didn’t care. She stood there and closed her eyes.

This is too painful for me to take..

She told herself that she won’t cry anymore. She's tired of shedding tears. But she can’t stop it. Her shoulders were heaving as she was sobbing hard, smudging the makeup on her face.



You broke your promises...

But I still love you.



You left me...

But I still love you.



You're an idiot…

But I still love you, Eun.





Suddenly everything feels blurry.



Eunbi… don't leave me.



Soon there’s nothing but darkness.

"Kkura unnie!"

She thinks she heard Minju's voice.

"Saku-chan!"

And that would be Hyewon.




Idiot blankie...




**




Baby, wake up...

There's a faint voice.



Eun?

Sakura looked around her. Everything was white. Something cold landed on the tip of her nose. She touched it and it was wet. It was snow. She’s in the middle of the snow field.

W-Where am I?

It was freezing cold and Sakura hugged herself to keep warm. She continued walking through the snow though she wasn’t sure where she was heading.

"Sakura, come play with me!" said a voice.

Sakura turned around and saw a little girl wearing yellow coat and yellow gloves. She was maybe around 10 years old. She was smiling at her.

"W-Who are you?"

But the girl didn't reply her, she was still smiling.

Wait.

Why is she's the same height as me?

She looked at her hands. Her hands were small. Like a child’s.

What is going on??

While she was confused, the girl suddenly grabbed her hand and held it tight.

"Let's go, Sakura!" she said, before dragging her forward.

Sakura just followed the girl, without knowing where she will take her. The two of them keeps on running until they reached a bench.

"Let's take a break," said the mysterious girl.

Sakura sat there with the girl. The girl held her hands again.

"Would you like some milk? I brought some milk for us," she said.

Sakura nodded.

"Here," she handed a glass of milk that appeared from nowhere.

Sakura took the glass and took a sip. But she was hungry and the milk tastes creamy and delicious, she almost finished the whole glass.

The girl giggled.

Sakura looked at the girl, puzzled.

She smiled, "You got milk moustache, right there."

Suddenly she leans forward, her face was closer to Sakura’s. She stopped just before her and smiled again. She reached forward and touched Sakura’s upper lip with her little thumb. She wiped the milk while the latter froze.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter