Pieces

Milk Moustache
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6

Pieces

 

"Hey kids," Eunbi called as she stood in the middle of the office that morning.

Everyone looked up from their desks.

"Did someone say cheese?" Hyewon asked.

Sakura snorted. While Eunbi stared at Hyewon in disbelief.

"I said, kids. I meant Minju and Chaewon. Maybe it's time to get your ears checked, Hyewon."

The whole office laughed. Hyewon face had turned red, embarrassed. She was just hungry.

"Director Kwon wants you girls to model for the new photoshoot," Eunbi said.

"She really liked how you guys posed the last time," she added.

Minju and Chaewon looked at each other, and they couldn’t hide their excitement. They were doing silent cheers with their hands in the language only they know.

"Lucky brats," Hyewon muttered, smiling.

"Also-

Eunbi paused. She seemed to struggle to finish her sentence. But she cleared and continued.

“Sakura."

Sakura looked up at her boss, "Yes, Miss Kwon."

"Call up your barista friend, they want her too."

"Chaeyeon?"

"Yeah, the one who laughed weirdly."

Sakura nodded, "Okay, Ms. Kwon."

Sakura glanced at Eunbi as she walked away towards her office. She was acting all professional since early morning. Always calling her with her full name, and treated like just like everyone else.

Sakura didn’t like it.


**


Eunbi tried hard to maintain her cool and stay professional, but she was at the edge. She missed Sakura, but things had been awkward between them since the day that they almost kissed. And now she’s crushed inside after her suspicions was confirmed, that Sakura indeed has a boyfriend.

She was on her way back that evening. She entered the elevator and pressed for lobby. It didn't take long for her to reach the ground floor. The elevator slowly opened, and suddenly she saw a glimpse of Sakura right outside the door.

She can’t help it, crept up immediately at her sight; she was really happy seeing her.

"Kkura-ya!" she greeted.

She walked outside of the elevator, towards the bob haired girl but then paused when she saw that Sakura wasn’t alone. She was talking with her model boyfriend, Kenta.

Sakura noticed Eunbi’s presence and she turned around, "Oh, M-Miss Kwon. Are you looking for me?"

Eunbi felt displeased hearing Sakura calling her with such an official way.

Kenta turned to his side to look at Eunbi as she walked, and when their eyes met, Eunbi glared at him. He snorted.

"Well, not really. I’m just heading home. I saw you and decided to say hi," Eunbi replied, forcing a smile.

"I’m going leave too. Is it okay if I leave now? I’ve finished the article that you asked. I need to go back early today," Sakura said.

"We have a dinner date," Kenta added. Loud and clear.

Eunbi felt like sealing his mouth with a tape.

Kenta figured that Eunbi was annoyed with his presence so he smoothly intertwined his hands with Sakura. Just to piss her off even more. Sakura froze. She hated to be in this situation.

"Sure, have fun," Eunbi said with a fake smile.

She turned her back on the couple and walked towards the opposite way. Her smile faded almost immediately. Her chest felt heavy, her heart was breaking and soon she was unable to contain her emotions.

It hurts so much. Seeing Sakura with someone else hurts her so much. Tears were rolling down her cheeks. She took long strides and walked faster, and she could she feel Sakura's eyes on her. She ended up running out of the building.

Sakura watched as Eunbi walked away, and deep in her heart, she knew that she had hurt her. She wanted to run to her, she wanted to hug her, and wipe away her tears. But she didn't. Instead, she held tight to Kenta's hand.

Eunbi, I'm sorry.
 

 

**

 

"I had a great time,” Kenta said to Sakura as he walked her to the front door.

The two of them had just returned from their fancy dinner date. Kenta did all the talking, pulling chairs for her and treating Sakura like a princess the whole evening. Sakura simply played along, even though her heart wasn’t really into it. She used to enjoy it when her boyfriend does these things for her, but not now.

"Yeah," replied Sakura.

They had their fingers intertwined with each other. They reached the front door of Sakura’s house and stopped for a while. Suddenly Kenta leaned closer and planted a soft kiss on Sakura's ear, causing the girl to flinched a little.

He pulled back, staring at her with a sweet smile on his face.

"You know Sakura, we've been together for a while now,” he begins.

"I think it's time for us to take stop playing games and cement our love," he continued.

"W-What do you mean?" Sakura asked, feeling uneasy with the whole conversation.

"Let’s get married, Saku-chan," he replied.

Sakura gulped, “What?”

"I’ve already decided to spend the rest of my life with you. Let’s not waste anymore time," Kenta said, his expression serious.

Sakura looked away, trying to find the right words to say.

"Ken-chan," Sakura said, as she slowly turned to look at him.

"What if-

Sakura paused.

“What if… we're not meant for each other?" she continued.

Kenta was stunned, his eyes widen.

"B-But that's ridiculous.”

“We're made for each other, r-remember?" Kenta said as he held Sakura's hands.

Sakura pulled her hands away from his grip.

"I mean, what if we were wrong about it?"

Kenta gritted his teeth, "Stop it."

Sakura continued, "What if we're meant for other people but not each other?"

"Stop it," Kenta said again, but Sakura kept on going.

"Maybe... I'm not your soulmate."

He scoffed, "I said stop talking nonsense, damn it!!"

Kenta slammed his hand on the door. Sakura flinched in shock, she had never seen Kenta like that. He seems really scary at the moment. She was scared.

Suddenly he grabbed her face with both hands and then pressed his lips on Sakura's. Sakura was startled by the forced kiss, and she clearly didn’t want it. He was rough and she could feel copper in . She tried to push him away, but he was stronger.

She had to think of something to make him stop, so she lifted her right hand and then slapped him on his face with all her might.

Kenta finally stopped. He loosened his grip on Sakura’s face, and the latter immediately pushed him aside and took a few steps away from him. Sakura glanced at her boyfriend. He looked hurt. And it’s not just because of the slap.

Sakura didn't know what to do, her hand was still in pain from the slapping the jerk in front of her. Tears were rolling down her cheeks.

Kenta eventually looked up and met Sakura's teary eyes.

“W-Why?” he asked.

"Did you really fell in love with that arrogant ?" he continued, even though it hurt him to say it.

Sakura stared at him, trying to process what he's saying.

Love?

Me? In love with Eunbi?

Suddenly the door opened, revealing Minju who looked extremely worried.

"Unnie, what's happening?!" Minju looked at her cousin who was crying and ang

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter