Date

Milk Moustache
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12

Date



"Sakura!" a man called as he was knocking outside of Sakura's door.

He had been there for almost 10 minutes, knocking and calling Sakura’s name tirelessly.

"Sakura! Come out!" he called in Japanese this time.

The next door neighbour opened the door, and an old woman came out.

"Hey young man, what's your problem?" she asked, annoyed.

He stopped knocking the door and bowed at the woman, "I'm sorry. I’m just looking for the girl who lives here."

"Oh, the pretty Japanese girl and her Korean cousin?"

The man nodded, “Yes, them.”

"Can I know where they went? I tried calling but no one was answering. I’m just worried,” he asked.

The old woman pondered for a while, "Hmm, if I'm not mistaken, they said they are going on a company trip. A big car came to pick them up a few days ago."

"A company trip?"

The woman nodded, “But I guess they’ll be back soon.”

“Ah, I see,” he said.

"May I know your name? I can tell them that you came," she asked.

The man smiled, "I'm Kenta. Tell Sakura that her boyfriend came by."



**



"There’ll be a party?! And we’re all going?!" Yena asked, excited.

They are all back in the office the following week, and Eunbi was in a good mood again. She tells the good news to her staff first, straight from the management meeting. The gang including the two college students on research were circling her in the office, anticipating the details of the news. Sakura who already knew about it from Eunbi a week ago was calmly sitting at her desk, finishing an article that was already past due.

Eunbi nodded, "Yeah. It's a party to launch our new magazine. And all staff are invited."

"There better be high quality food and also drinks. I have high expectations on this," Hyewon said.

Eunbi smiled, "Well, I think you won’t be disappointed. We're talking about large scale, high class party with VIPs and celebrities.”

“As expected from the Kwon family scale! I’m already excited just thinking about it,” Yena chimed in.

"You can also bring a date," Eunbi added.

"Are we invited too?" Minju asked, gesturing to herself and Chaewon.

The Chief Editor nods, "Yeah, you and Chaewon are also considered as my staff."

"Actually it’s only for full time staff but, since I know your cousin will beg me to let you come, just considered it done," she added, glancing at Sakura who was busy at her desk.

Sakura stopped typing and looked at the group, "You guys talking about me?"

Eunbi smirked, "Oh Kkura baby, I was just talking about how attractive you look today in that white shirt."

Sakura smiled, and her cheeks were slightly blushing, but she rolled her eyes, "Yeah right."

Eunbi couldn’t stop smiling watching her girlfriend all flustered.

"Isn't she's the cutest thing?" Eunbi asked the others.

Everyone stared at her, speechless. Yena snorted, Minju and Chaewon exchanged looks while Hyewon had a hand on .

"I thought over time, I could get used to the cheesiness and the flirting you two showcased in the office but I was w-wrong," Hyewon said.

She paused, and her face turned pale.

“E-Excuse me, I need to go to the bathroom," Hyewon said as she rushed out the door.

Eunbi scoffed, "Oh come on! Stop overreacting!"

"She's going to puke again,” Yena said with a shrug.

Eunbi stared at Yena, shocked.

Yena nodded, "I’m serious unnie.”



**
 


"Minju, who are you going to bring to the party?" Chaewon asked to her friend.

They were walking together after returning from lunch at the cafeteria with Hyewon and Yena. Minju excused herself first after finishing her lunch, but Chaewon followed her.

Minju sighed and looked away, "Why do you care?"

Chaewon gulped. She was so confused with how Minju been acting lately. She had been acting cold towards her since they came back from the resort and Chaewon didn’t know why. She was getting frustrated.

She walked fast and then stood in front of Minju, stopping her in her tracks.

"Kim Minju, stop."

Minju looked at Chaewon, dumbfounded.

"What now? Move."

Chaewon shook her head, "I’m not letting you pass until you tell me what’s going on."

"There's nothing going on," Minju replied, cold.

"Why are you acting like this?" Chaewon asked, her voice desperate.

"What about me?"

Chaewon sighed, "You're like… completely ignoring me since we came back from the resort."

"I-I'm not," Minju replied.

"You are! You know you are! Can you at least tell me what I did wrong?"

"It's not about you," Minju said, avoiding her eyes.

"Then what is it?"

Minju grunted, "Well, I don't know either! I don’t know what’s wrong, but all I know is that it’s just wrong!"

Chaewon looked at Minju, puzzled, “What are you talking about?”

"I-I'm not comfortable when I'm around you," Minju said.

"Not comfortable? But why? I thought we’re the most comfortable when we’re with each other. It’s how it always been."

Minju shook her head, "It's complicated Chaewon-ah, I just need to be alone for a while."

"But, we’re always together. We’re best friends," Chaewon said, sad.

Minju sighed, "That's why it's complicated."



**



"Unnie, who are you going to bring to the party?" Chaewon asked to Hyewon.

Hyewon looked at her, her expression blank.

"You know, as your date?" she added.

Hyewon snorted and then shrugged, "Well, I don't know. I don't have a boyfriend or… a girlfriend."

"Well, you can be my date! We can go together, girlfriend!" Yena suddenly shouted.

Hyewon let out a heavy sigh, “I suddenly feel like my life is so pathetic.”

Yena scoffed, “Hey, b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter