Crazy

Milk Moustache
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13

Crazy



"You're not going to the party?" asked Chaewon’s mother as she saw her daughter sitting in the living room, browsing the TV channels

"Minju's not going. So I'm not going too," Chaewon replied, sulky.

Her mom shrugged and walked to the kitchen, leaving her emo daughter alone. Chaewon kept on flipping the channels mindlessly.

Suddenly the doorbell rang.

"Chaewon-ah, can you please get the door?" her mom asked.

Chaewon let out a heavy sigh before she lazily got up from the sofa to get the door. She was silently cursing whoever that came for disturbing her evening.

She opened the door, and froze.

Minju was standing in front of the door. But it wasn’t the usual Minju. She was wearing a light blue dress, with her brown hair let loose, and her rather messy bangs, that made her look like an elf princess.

"Minju? What are you doing here?"

Her friend smiled sweetly and offered a hand, which Chaewon took it and held it, even though she has no idea what she was going to do.

Suddenly Minju cleared , and fixed her gaze on Chaewon.

"Would you like to go to the party with me? As my… date?" Minju asked, her cheeks were pink.

Chaewon stared at her for the longest time, speechless. Minju was getting nervous as the seconds passed by. She followed her heart but she wasn’t sure it’s the right thing to do. Chaewon could just simply reject her. She begins to think it was a bad idea.

She stuttered, “I-It’s okay if you don’t want to-

Chaewon cuts in, "I'd love to."



**



"What are you doing here?” Hyewon asked to Chaeyeon.

They were already at the party. Hyewon was sitting alone at a table after her so-called date, Yena ditched her to go free dancing on the dance floor. She was too lazy to join her and just enjoy the food instead.

Chaeyeon ignored Hyewon’s hostility and sat next to her while holding a plate and a glass.

"No need to be rude, I came in peace. I got invited too. Perks of being Kkura’s friends," she replied.

Hyewon snorted, “I’m actually starting to get used to have you around. You’re everywhere.”

“I have to come so that you won’t missed me too much,” Chaeyeon said with a laugh.

Hyewon rolled her eyes, “What makes you think I miss you at all? And stop laughing like that, you’re going to fall off from the chair.”

“Sounds like you’re worried about me.”

Hyewon sighed, “How much did you drink? You’re already talking nonsense.”

Chaeyeon laughed again, “I think this is my third glass.”

“Figures."

"Shrimp? They just put these on there, it’s a fresh batch," Chaeyeon said, handing the plate to Hyewon.

Hyewon raised an eyebrow, "Are you trying to hit on me or something, barista? Why are you giving me food?"

Chaeyeon broke out laughing again.

Suddenly she paused.

"Look, that’s Director Kwon Eunjin,” Chaeyeon pointed.

Hyewon looked at the direction Chaeyeon pointed. An elegant middle aged woman was walking in her dark blue dress, her steps filled with confidence.

"She's hot for a woman her age," Hyewon mumbled.

Chaeyeon chuckled, “I know right. She is Kwon Eunbi’s aunt. The powerful genes run in the family.”

"Hey, who’s that man?" Hyewon asked as she saw a young man in a sharp suit walking with her.

"That must be her son, Jaebum," Chaeyeon replied.

Hyewon nodded, “He’s quite handsome.”

Chaeyeon glanced at Hyewon and scoffed.

“What?” asked the older girl.

“He’s an heir, a chaebol, don’t even think about it. He’s not worth your time or effort,” Chaeyeon replied.

Hyewon scoffed, “Did I ever said I want to try and hit on him? He’s the director’s son!”

“Good!” Chaeyeon said.

Hyewon rolled her eyes, annoyed.

Chaeyeon continue to make jokes and laugh by herself again. Hyewon was annoyed but at the same time thankful for her company. Her jokes are lame and she laughed at them herself, but sometimes Hyewon can’t help but chuckles along.



**



"Wow, so beautiful.”

"Seriously gorgeous. Are they real?"

Eunbi and Sakura arrived at the party, their arms linked with each other. As they walked through the crowd, they could hear the murmurs from other people, complimenting their visual. They made their way to the table that was set for them and their friends, making heads turn as they walk.

"Hey lovebirds," Hyewon greeted them. She and Chaeyeon were enjoying the various types of canapés.

"Hi Hyewon, hi Chaeyeon," Sakura greeted back.

Chaeyeon’s face beamed, “Thanks Eunbi unnie, for the invite. Anyone would do anything just to enter this party.”

Eunbi replied her with a nod, “No problem.”

She looked at Chaeyeon and Hyewon alternately, “Are you two together?”

Hyewon almost choked on her food, she shook her head vigorously, “No. No way. My date is actually Yena but I don’t know where she went.”

Sakura smiled, “Well, you two look good together.”

Chaeyeon laughed again, tilting her head back.

Hyewon snorted, “I don’t think so, Saku-chan. I mean look at her.”

A waiter came by and Sakura grabbed a glass of drink but Eunbi asked for plain water.

"Why don't you drink, Eunbi unnie?" Hyewon asked.

“Uh-

Sakura chuckled, "She can't handle alcohol well. She passed out easily."

Eunbi scoffed, "No! It's because… one of us has to stay sane tonight. I have to drive!"

"Yeah right," Sakura said, teasing her.

Eunbi glared at her girlfriend, sulking.

Sakura was enjoying Eunbi's childish reaction.

"Come on, stop sulking," she said as she pulled Eunbi up from the chair.

"Where are you taking me?"

The younger girl smiled, "Let's dance."



**

 

Minju and Chaewon finally made it to the party. Chaewon was wearing a new pair of high heels and had to grab Minju for support as they walk. Minju linked their arms together. They looked at each other and smiled.

"So you're planning to go after all. New dress and new shoes," Minju said as she looked at her friend from head to toe.

Chaewon shrugged, "Oh well, I know you're going to ask me anyway."

Minju raised her eyebrows, "Really? How?"

Chaewon smirked, "You love me too much. As if you could stay away from me."

Minju’s cheeks turned pink and she looked away, flustered.

She played along, “Wow, such confidence, Kim Chaewon.”

Chaewon chuckled, “It’s true anyways.”



**


S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter