Some

Milk Moustache
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 21

Some

 

It was the final day for Minju and Chaewon at the office. The staff had a simple farewell dinner for the two college girls at a restaurant, fully sponsored by their boss, Eunbi.

“Wow, I can’t believe 3 months had passed. It feels like it was only yesterday you both entered the office,” Yena said.

“We’ll be missing you,” Yena added, glancing at her favourite hoobae, Chaewon.

Chaewon smiled at her, “We can still keep in touch, unnie.”

Eunbi added, “Good luck with college, and whatever your path next. You can always refer to me if you have any problems in the future.”

Chaewon beamed, “Really, Eunbi unnie? I can have your number on speed dial now?”

Sakura cleared , “Hey, hey, I’m the only one who can have her number on speed dial!”

Everyone laughed at her remark, even Minju smiled. Though Hyewon just shook her head as she was munching a beef wrap.

“You’re so possessive, Kkura-ya,” Eunbi said, her face slightly red.

Sakura slid an arm around her girlfriend’s waist and leaned closer, “Of course, you’re mine. Forever and a day, my blankie.”

Eunbi chuckled, “Baby, are you drunk?”

Hyewon shrugged, “She’s like that even when she’s not drunk.”

“Don’t forget to invite me when you two get married,” Chaewon teased.

Sakura nodded, “Of course you’re invited, Chaewon-ah. You’re Minju’s best friend.”

Minju glanced at Chaewon and they smiled at each other.

Eunbi cleared , “Well, before that invitation come along, only god knows when, I hope you two can come to our office’s party next month.”

“We’ll be there,” Chaewon replied, smiling.

 

**

 

Eunbi went to the bathroom before driving Sakura back to her house. She was washing her hands at the sink when Minju entered. Their eyes met and it was awkward for a while.

Eunbi smiled, “I’m driving Kkura back, do you want to hitch a ride with us? I mean it would stop your cousin from roaming her hands on me dangerously while I drive.”

Minju can’t help but let out a chuckle.

“Well, if you don’t mind. Chaewon is getting a taxi with the two unnies so I’d like to hitch a ride with you, and prevent possible accident.”

Eunbi smiled, “Yes, thank you Minju.”

“Eunbi unnie,” Minju called suddenly.

“Yes?”

Minju looked down for a bit before looking up and meet her eyes.

“I’m sorry. For what happened between me and-

She paused.

It was still hard to say it.

“Yujin,” she continued.

Eunbi kept mum.

“I promised you that I wouldn’t let things escalate but I broke my promise, despite being an adult. I’m really sorry.”

Eunbi sighed, “What are you apologizing for, Minju-ya?”

“How can I blame you? You both were in love. I mean, it’s understandable. It’s foolish, but love does that to people. It makes people stupid,” she continued.

Minju bit her lip.

“How is… Yujin doing?” she asked, her voice slow.

Eunbi nods, “She’s… getting better. It was hard for her at first, but she’s a fighter, she’s going to be alright. Don’t worry.”

“She’s suddenly studying hard. She never missed her extra classes and even asked our parents to find her a tutor to prepare her for the exams,” she continued.

Minju was shocked, “Really?”

Eunbi smiled and nodded, “She’s determined to get into the same university as you no matter what. Once she put her mind into something, she’s not going to give up.”

“She can’t wait to be an adult. An awesome one, she said,” Eunbi added.

Minju’s face was beaming, and she didn’t even realize it. She was smiling from ear to ear.

Eunbi chuckled, “Gosh, you must really love my stupid sister.”

Minju’s face turned red and she looked down.

Eunbi patted her shoulder, “Okay, I’ll be waiting for you in the car. Hurry up.”

 

**

 

A month later.

 

 

The Glitter Magazine office were throwing a party to celebrate the new year. They had a simple party within their office building. All staff from various departments were invited to join.

Everyone from the design department were already gathered in the main lobby. Hyewon was holding a plate filled with food in one hand, as she was picking more food from the tray.

Sakura walked to her, worried, “I think your plate is already full. The food is going to fall off soon.”

Hyewon glanced at her friend, “Oh you’re right. I need another plate.”

Sakura gulped, “That’s not what I mean-

“Here you go, another plate,” said a voice, handing her a new plate.

Hyewon looked at the person handing her the plate, feeling thankful for whoever that kind soul was. Her eyes widen at the familiar face.

“Lee Chaeyeon?” she asked, gasping.

Chaewon was smiling at her widely.

“What are you doing here? This is our office staff party. Why are you here?” Hyewon asked, annoyed.

“Oh just say that you missed me and you’re glad to see me,” Chaeyeon replied casually.

Hyewon looked at her amused, “What makes you think that I miss you?”

“Enjoying the food, so far?” Chaeyeon asked, ignoring her questions.

Hyewon was easily distracted, “Oh yes! These shrimp canapés are amazing, the salad bar too, and also the meat rolls, the kebabs and the mini sandwiches-

She paused, realizing that both Sakura and Chaeyeon were staring at her weirdly.

Sakura scoffed, “You’ve tried them all? You just got here 15 minutes ago! How is that humanly possible?!”

“Food wait for no man.”

“Where did that came from? You obviously made it up.”

Hyewon grunted, “Why are you bothering me, Saku-chan? Why don’t you go make out with Eunbi wherever she is? Just let me eat in peace.”

Chaeyeon nodded, “Yes, just let the woman eat. The woman just wants to eat. She’s the prettiest when she eats.”

Sakura looked at them in disbelief, “Wow, why don’t you two just date already? Ganging up against me?”

Chaeyeon smiled sheepishly while Hyewon scrunched her face in disgust.

Yena suddenly came and stood next to them, “Well, Hyewon can’t date Chaeyeon alright.”

The tall barista looked at the duck and crossed her arms, “And why is that?”

“Because she’s in a ‘some’ with me,” Yena replied casually. She shot a look at Hyewon and winked.

Chaeyeon gasped, “Really? So Hyewon likes you?”

Hyewon scoffed, “Since when did we ever have any ‘some’, Choi Yena?!”

“Oh come on, we both know what’s going on,” Yena said with a shy smile.

“I don’t even know what you’re talking about!” Hyewon exclaimed, frustrated.

Sakura bit her lip, trying not to laugh at the comedic situation. But she failed to stifle her laugh.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter