Dreams

Milk Moustache
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

Dreams

 


"Heechul oppa, can you help me with the makeup?" Sakura asked, pleading him with her puppy eyes.

The fashion department team leader let out a sigh, "I guess I can try to sneak out. Have you found the models and the photographers yet?"

"Hyewon is calling the modelling agencies as we speak. I'll call you back as soon as we're settled with everything."

"Okay, kid."

“Thank you oppa!” she exclaimed.

“What would you do without me, Sakura?” he joked.

She gave him a thankful hug before leaving the fashion department.


Hyewon was the only one available to help Sakura that day. Yena suddenly called in sick. She insisted that she might threaten the whole office with virus if she came.

Sakura rushed to the wardrobe department to find the appropriate outfits for the sudden photoshoot. She already prepared the concept for the feature and now looking for the right pieces. She had just done choosing the clothes when Hyewon came running towards her with a phone in her hand.

This better be good news.

"Sakura!"

"How is it? Did you get the models for today?"

Hyewon shook her head, and paused to catch her breath.

"I called every agency I could find but they're all unable to provide models on such short notice."

"What?!"

"I'm sorry, Sakura. I really tried. It’s fashion week and they’re all booked!"

Sakura’s shoulders slumped as she walked slowly to the nearest chair and sat on it. She buried her face in her hands, trying to keep it together. But she’s falling apart.

"I'm doomed. Freaking doomed. That Kwon Eunbi will be so happy that I failed this," Sakura muttered.

Hyewon sighed; she had never seen Sakura so demotivated before. Her friend is the type who’s always optimistic and always finds the way to make it no matter what. But right now she’s at the verge of crying. The tall girl paced around the room, trying to think.

Her face lit up, "Hey! Your boyfriend is a model! Maybe he can find a few female friends to help you out! He must’ve have known a lot of female models, right?"

Sakura looked up immediately.

"Why didn't I think of that before? Thanks a lot Hyewon!"

Hyewon smiled, pleased with herself.

She picked up her phone and pressed number one.

Ken-chan, please pick it up.

She pressed the phone to her ear and waited but all she got was the dial tone.

"Pick up, damn it!"

"The number you have dialled couldn't be reached at the moment..."

After almost ten tries, Sakura hung up the phone and slammed her hand on the desk. Hyewon was startled. She had never seen angry Sakura either.

He didn't pick up his phone. Why I'm not surprised?

"Now I'm really ed up," Sakura said with teary eyes.

Hyewon gulped, hearing Sakura cursed was fresh too. It’s like she’s a different person for the past week. But she wasn’t intrigued to see the scary side of Sakura. She looked out of the window, thinking.

"Don't you have some model-like friends? Tall and slender kind," she said, glancing at teary eyes colleague.

Sakura stared at Hyewon, eyes widen.

"S-Stop looking at me like that, you're freaking me out."

"You're a genius Hyewon!"

Suddenly Sakura grabbed Hyewon's face and gave her a quick peck on her right cheek.

Hyewon pushed her immediately, "Hey, hey, what are you doing?!"

Sakura ignored her and quickly grabbed her phone.

"Who are you calling?"

"Help."

 


**


"Is that what you call help?" Hyewon asked, as she pointed at a girl on the makeup chair.

Sakura looked up from her notebook.

"What's wrong? Chaeyeon is pretty. Plus she can totally pull this winter outfit look."

Hyewon shook her head, "Isn’t she’s the waitress at the café who laughs weirdly? Can she model?"

Chaeyeon chimed, "Hey, I heard that!"

"Please stop talking, you're ruining the makeup," said Heechul as he's trying to apply lipstick on Chaeyeon's lips.

A beautiful girl walked into the studio.

"Unnie!" she exclaimed as she was running towards Sakura.

"You made it!" said Sakura as she hugged Minju tightly.

"I skipped my classes for you!"

"I love you, cousin," Sakura said as she ruffles Minju's hair.

Minju grinned.

"I brought a friend too, just in case you need another model."

Another girl appeared from behind her, her hair was long and pink-ish, and her face was small like a doll. She smiled and bowed.

"Hi, I'm Kim Chaewon. I'm gonna let you exploit my beauty for today."

She said as she flipped her hair playfully.

"Okay, now that's what I call help," said Hyewon, impressed.

Sakura laughed.



It's going to be okay.


**


The photoshoot ended around 6 pm. The photos turned out quite well even though they were using inexperienced models. Minju and Chaewon acted so natural in front of the camera while Chaeyeon had a little difficulty working with the photographer, Hyewon. Because she’s still pissed that she poked fun at the way she laughs.

They gathered back in the office after the photoshoot. Sakura begin writing and editing the article feature, while Hyewon helped her sorting the photos.

"Hyewon-ah, I can take it from here. You can go home and rest," she said to her friend.

"Are you sure? I can stay if you want."

"You helped me enough for the day. I don't know how to thank you. Now go home and take a rest before I feel guiltier."

Hyewon chuckled, "Are you okay with staying here by yourself? I heard that this office is haunted…"

Sakura slapped Hyewon on her shoulder.

"Oww! What's that for?!"

"For talking nonsense."

Hyewon laughed.

Sakura grabbed Hyewon's bag from the desk and shoved it to her.

"Now go home."


**


Sakura was looking through all the pictures they've taken earlier on her computer. There were about 300 pictures to choose from and she only need a few.

Suddenly her stomach growled. Sakura tried to ignore her stomach but suddenly it's getting more painful every second. She stood up from her chair and slowly walked towards the couch. She slumped herself on the red sofa, curling herself into a ball, pressing a hand on her stomach.

When did I last ate?

She couldn't really remember.

Sakura reached for her phone and called for Kenta. She waited and there was nothing but dial tone. She called him again but he was still not picking up. She hung up the phone and threw it on the other side of the couch. Tears were rolling down her cheeks. She closed her eyes.

She was so frustrated. It’s impossible for her to finish the article in this condition, not when her stomach was hurting. And it was not helping that her boyfriend can't be reached for the whole day. Especially when she really needed him. She couldn’t help it but to sobbed harder.

When she opened up her eyes, she was greeted by a sight. Eunbi was standing by her desk, watching her. Sakura sat up straight immediately and tucked the hair behind her ears.

"Ms. Kwon, don’t mind me. I’m just finishing the task you gave me," she said, bitter.

Eunbi looked down.

She walked towards Sakura, "Are you okay?"

Eunbi noticed that Sakura was holding her stomach.

"Is your stomach hurting? Have you eaten? Did you take medicine yet?"

Sakura didn't answer her, she looked away sulking while pressing a hand on her stomach.

I’m like this because of you.

Eunbi walked closer and suddenly kneeled down to meet Sakura's eyes. But Sakura avoided Eunbi's gaze. She keeps on pretending like she wasn’t there. She pouted her lips, still sulking.

"Stupid girl," Eunbi muttered.

Sakura glared at her, and she didn’t look away. Instead she grabbed her arms and pulled her up.

"Stand up," she ordered.

Sakura stood up, even though she's unsure of her boss’s intention. Eunbi slid one hand around Sakura’s waist and put Sakura’s hand around her own shoulder to support her while standing.

Sakura was startled, but she didn’t protest.

"Do you always touch people without their consent?"

Eunbi rolled her eyes.

"Shut up. I'm taking you to the doctor."


**


"Where do you live? I can drive you home," asked Eunbi as she drove the car.

They were on their way back from the cli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter