Chance

Milk Moustache
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 17

Chance

 

“Minju unnie, just eat up, I’m paying,” Yujin said as she pushed a bowl of spicy rice cakes in front of her.

They were at a snacks café nearby the school, where a lot of the students were hanging out after the school ends. Minju felt a bit out of place being there, as the only one who didn’t wear school uniform. The other students can’t help but keep glancing at them, mostly awed by Minju’s beauty.

“Just one meal, okay? And I’m going back to the office afterwards,” Minju said, taking the bowl closer to her.

Yujin smiled, “Okay, okay. Why are you so obsessed with the office? Just chill.”

Minju scoffed, “I’m not obsessed with it, I’m just being a responsible adult.”

“How old are you, unnie?”

“I’m turning 20 this year, why?”

“Hmm, we’re not that far apart in terms of age. Only 3 years.”

“You’re a senior?”

Yujin nodded, “Yeah. Why? I don’t look like a senior?”

“You’re always so playful, it’s like you have no worries in the world. I didn’t expect that you’ll be facing the university entrance exam this year.”

The student grinned, “What’s the point of worrying about the future? We should live our life one day at a time.”

Minju smiled, “That’s admirable. I wish I could think that way too.”

“You think I’m admirable?”

“Yes. You’re pretty cool, Yujin-ah.”

Yujin smiled sheepishly and then looked at Minju.

“Do you have a boyfriend?” she asked abruptly.

“Eh? No.”

“A girlfriend?”

Minju chuckled, “I’m single at the moment, but why are you asking this?”

Yujin smiled, “I’m just curious, that’s all.”

“Okay.”

They continue to eat in silence afterwards. Minju had almost finished her bowl, she had just realized that she missed lunch, and quite thankful to Yujin for this ‘date’.

“I’m actually aiming to enter your university next year,” Yujin suddenly said.

“Really? Wow, we could be classmates then,” replied Minju.

“If I get accepted, you’ll be my senior and I’ll be your junior.”

“That’s true.”

Yujin stopped munching on her cheese hotdog and looked at Minju closely.

“I really hope I’ll get accepted.”

“I’ve always wanted to date a senior in college,” she said, casually.

“Eh? Well, I hope you’ll get accepted then.”

 

**

 

It was already in the evening when Minju returned to the office but she wasn’t alone. Yujin was tagging along with her and entered the office together.

“Wow, everyone is just so obsessed with work around here,” she said as she entered.

Eunbi noticed her sister and frowned, “What are you doing here?”

Yujin scoffed, “You’re the one who missed the PTA meeting and send over your prettiest staff to me, I don’t think you get to question that.”

Minju chuckled at ‘the prettiest staff’. Chaewon peeked her head from her desk to see what’s going on. She saw Minju smiling, and a really tall high school kid that is also really rich. She didn’t like this combo for some reason.

The older sister rolled her eyes, “Okay fine. But don’t disturb them. They’re busy. Do your homework at an empty desk or something.”

Yujin tried to do her homework, but that only lasts for less than 10 minutes. She couldn’t sit still on her seat and visited each of the people at their desks.

She came to Hyewon with her adorable dimples, and Hyewon just willingly share her snacks with her. She went to Yena and borrowed her Switch and played with it in the lounge until she got bored. And then she went to Sakura and shamelessly sat on her lap, while Eunbi was in her office and not looking.

“Yujin-ah, you’re not a small kid,” Sakura said.

“Are you saying I’m fat, Pikkura?”

“I’m not.”

“Are you going to marry my sister and make pretty babies?”

Sakura was flustered, “That is not your business.”

“She’s been staying over at your place a lot these days and I have to cover up every time. You owe me, Pikkura.”

Sakura sighed, “Stop calling me Pikkura.”

“I won’t stop,” she said, sticking her tongue out.

Eunbi walked out of the office and saw her sister sitting on her girlfriend’s lap, “Yah Yujin, get off my girlfriend right now.”

“Or what? What you’re going to do?”

Eunbi sighed, “What do you want? You’ve already robbed me.”

Yujin smiled, “I want to take out Minju unnie to dinner tonight. So let her go home now.”

Minju chuckled, “What?”

Chaewon scoffed, “Yes. What?!”

The older sister laughed, “Oh please, Minju is older than you and already in college.”

“Age is just a number! You are older than Pikkura too!” Yujin retorted.

“Okay, fine. But if you want to take her out on a date, you should ask her, not me,” Eunbi replied.

Yujin got off from Sakura’s lap and walked to Minju’s desk. She looked at the older girl and cleared .

“So, would you like to have a dinner with me?” she asked, smiling shyly.

Minju looked at the student, amused.

Chaewon stood up from her desk and moved closer, trying to pick up their conversation. She pretends to carry a cup to the pantry. Minju can’t help but noticed her friend lingering around. She looked at her and their eyes met. Chaewon didn’t look away this time. She was staring straight at her, as if she was trying to get something across.

 

Please say no, Kim Minju.

Please say no.

 

“No,” Minju replied.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter