Real

Milk Moustache
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Final Chapter

Real

 

A week later. 

Everyone was gathering at a party that Eunbi organized. She invited all her closest friends to her new place, a townhouse in Apgujeong. She made a decision to move out from her family’s house, a decision that made Yujin very pleased. She already moved her things into her sister's old room.

Eunbi was strumming her guitar on the rooftop that evening, looking ethereal under the moonlight. She was singing a song for Sakura, and everyone was surprised to find out that she has such beautiful voice. Sakura was watching her girlfriend with eyes flowing with love. The mood was great, so Chaeyeon grabbed Hyewon’s hand and dragged her to the middle. Soon they were slow dancing to the song. Hyewon has two left feet, a contrast to Chaeyeon who dances like a pro; and she often steps on Chaeyeon’s foot. But the younger girl patiently guides her and soon they were in sync.

“Love require patience,” Chaeyeon said.

Hyewon chuckled, “Don’t you think it’s time to give up on me? I'm not interested with you, not in that way."

The younger girl shook her head, “No. Not even close. You’re worth it. I'm going to make you fall for me.”

That made Hyewon blushed and she looked away. They were soon joined by Yena and Juri, who were dancing funnily together. The highschoolers who were also the pickpocket juveniles, Wonyoung and Nako were also joining them. Minju was sitting on one of the couch, in between Chaewon and Yujin. While she was enjoying the music, she had no idea that the two girls beside her were fidgeting.

Yujin wanted to dance with Minju, and so does Chaewon.

“Minju,” they both said simultaneously.

Minju looked at them both, puzzled.

“Yes?”

Chaewon and Yujin looked at each other, glaring.

“Too bad Hitomi couldn’t make it tonight, due to flu. I think she would love to dance with you, Chaewon,” Yujin suddenly said.

Chaewon smiled, “Hitomi is like a little sister for me, Yujin-ah. You on the other hand should stop being rude and talk to me and Minju with honorifics.”

Yujin huffed, “It’s not like I am 7 years old. I’m almost 18, you know.”

Chaewon laughed, “Almost. You’re still drinking coke so let’s not kid yourselves.”

Yujin squeezed the can of coke in her hand.

Minju stood up immediately, “Okay, okay, what is the matter with you two?? Stop being hostile with each other, it's so annoying.”

Both Yujin and Chaewon looked at Minju, speechless. Minju crossed her arms and walked away from them. They watched her until she reached her cousin, and now they’re dancing together.

Yujin sighed and leaned her back on the couch.

“This party .”

Chaewon glanced at the younger girl and chuckled.

“What’s so funny?”

The older girl shrugged, “Nothing. It’s just that it’s hard to believe that this is the same girl who was the mastermind of the whole crash the wedding mission.”

“Why? Is it because though I’m younger than you, I’m a genius?”

Chaewon rolled her eyes, “Fine. You’re a genius alright.”

She scooted closer to Yujin, alarming the younger girl. It was awkward to be left alone with Chaewon. Though they’ve met each other often, they’ve never really hang out just the two of them. They have no reason to. In Yujin’s eyes, they’re love rivals.

“You saved your sister’s love life because of your genius. I honestly think it was just the right amount of stupidity and boldness, but it works somehow. Not everyone can just walk straight into the battlefield like you did.”

“A-Are you praising me? Aren’t you supposed to hate me?”

Chaewon ignored her, “I learn a lot from you.”

“What?”

The older girl fixed her eyes on the long haired girl who was dancing with Sakura. She was giggling happily as she moving to the beat. Kim Minju is always mesmerizing.

“I learned that sometimes… you should just do what you want and follow your heart. Sacrifices? Why should we sacrifice for someone if we’re ended up miserable?”

Yujin gulped, “W-What are you talking about?”

Chaewon turned to face her and smiled.

“I’ve decided to follow my heart and I’m going to try my best as well. I’m not going to hide my feelings anymore. Just like you, I want to be bold and take back what supposed to be mine.”

Yujin looked at her blankly.

“Hey, what do you mean by that?”

Chaewon stood up and dusted off her pants.

She glanced at Yujin and smirked, “Thank you Yujin. May the best one win.”

 

 

**

 

Chaewon offered to take Minju home after the party since Sakura passed out drunk at Eunbi’s new place. She grabbed her out while Yujin was busy with her drunk sister. Eunbi acted like a big baby when she’s drunk.

They were walking together on the road that leads to Minju’s house.

“So it’s gonna be just you in the house from now on?” asked Chaewon suddenly.

Minju nodded, “I guess so. Since Eunbi unnie got her own place, I bet Kkura unnie will move in there sooner or later.”

She smiled, “Well, it’s better this way. I had enough of walking into them hooking up all over the house. It was so uncomfortable, to be honest. I even thought of moving out a few times.”

Chaewon chuckled.

“So, I guess this means I can come here often. Sleeping alone can be lonely, you know.”

Minju smiled, “Of course. You are always welcome. Hey, why don’t you stay here for tonight? It’s late anyways.”

“Can I?”

 

 

**

 

 

The two friends were laying side by side on the bed in Minju’s bedroom. Chaewon couldn’t sleep. There’s something inside her chest that she wanted to let out. It’s been bothering her for a while. She closed her eyes, tossing herself on the bed, from one side to another. But she still couldn’t sleep.

“Can’t sleep?” asked Minju.

Chaewon realized that she was facing Minju, and their faces were just inches away from each other.

The older girl gulped.

"Yeah… maybe it’s cold or something…”

Suddenly she feels an arm around her shoulder, pulling her forward. In a blink of an eye, she was laying inside Minju’s embrace. Minju pulled the blanket over their bodies and then back to hugging Chaewon.

“Is it working? Maybe you’ll feel warmer if we huddle close like this.”

Chaewon could feel her cheeks turning hot. She rested her head on Minju’s chest.

“I-It’s definitely warmer.”

Minju smiled and patted her friend’s back.

“Okay then, go to sleep, Chaewon.”

Chaewon looked up and met Minju’s eyes.

“What is it? Too warm this time?”

“We’ve been best friends for a while, right? 5 years.”

“5 years and going strong,” Minju replied with a chuckle.

Chaewon bit her lip before continuing.

“We’ve always been honest with each other, there’s no secrets between us. That’s how we managed to stay friends for so long.”

Minju chuckled, “Why are you being sentimental tonight, Chaewonnie?”

The older girl pushed herself up and sat on the bed. Minju followed suit. She looked at her, puzzled.

“Actually, I haven’t been honest with you about something, and it’s driving me crazy,” said Chaewon.

“What is it?”

Chaewon clasped her hands together, nervously. She looked down, hesitating.

“What is this about? You know you can tell me anything,” said Minju gently. She reached forward and touched Chaewon’s chin.

“Well, I-

“Yes?”

“Actually, I-

“Hmm?”

Suddenly they were interrupted by the sound of the ringing phone. It was Minju’s phone. She grabbed it from on the drawer and looked at the dialer. A picture of a girl with dimple filling the screen.

“Yujin? Why is she calling this late at night?”

Minju was about to answer the call, but Chaewon grabbed it away.

“What are you doing-

She didn’t manage to finish her sentence when suddenly something soft was pressed on her lips. Her eyes widen in shock, but somehow she couldn’t pull away. She felt Chaewon’s hand cupping her right cheek, not wanting to let go of the kiss. She kissed her back, pressing their lips together, moving in a rhythm. The phone continued t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter