day three

I hate that guy - meanie - mingyu x wonwoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yesterday passed with a free diary and Mingyu didn't see Wonwoo at all. There was a note on his desk advising that he needed to check the stock of Red Bull in the little refrigerator in the corner. Mingyu knew that today was the day of the first media photo shoot. Wonwoo had a schedule with a niche fashion magazine including a short print interview and three page photo spread. A pretty sweet pre-debut opportunity. Mingyu was excited. He had been saving reference photos on his work phone and couldn't wait to meet the stylist on set.

He got more and more nervous as 1pm approached. He left the obligatory Red Bull outside the studio at 12:15pm and hoped that Wonwoo would appear. And when he did Mingyu breathed a sigh of relief. For all Wonwoo's personality flaws at least he was professional. Mingyu was learning quickly that Wonwoo wouldn't jeopardise his career.

After enduring the most silent and awkward car ride to the shoot location they piled out. Mingyu carried his own bag and equipment and Wonwoo's also. Wonwoo flipped on his 'polite switch' and flashed a stunning but fake smile at the journalist, photographer, makeup artist and stylist. He was put straight into the chair and the makeup artist began to work on him. Mingyu decided now was the perfect time to launch the social media accounts and snapped a photo of Wonwoo in the makeup chair. He saw the look Wonwoo gave him and he knew he would pay later. Wonwoo wouldn't chastise him in front of these people.

"I'm not wearing that." He said, stone faced, as he stared at the outfit the stylist had selected. The pants were brightly printed in a graphic style and were baggy. The stylist was also holding an oversized white shirt, red tie and a belt about eleven feet long. "Wonwoo." Mingyu's eyes pleaded. "No." He said. He was unmovable. Mingyu panicked. He went to the stylists case and searched for something to pacify Wonwoo. He found a pair of very ripped black jeans and returned with them. "Fine." Wonwoo said and went to get changed. He insisted on wearing his own scuffed black converse and a beanie. The stylist wasn't completely happy but Mingyu was. Wonwoo was dressed and being photographed. It was the best he could hope for.

Mingyu snapped another photo of Wonwoo on set and got permission from the journalist to share them. He set up the Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and linked them all with one password. He shared the two photos from the day, one of Wonwoo in the makeup chair, one of him posing nonchalantly in a chair. Mingyu stared at the photo of his impossibly arrogant boss, his cold stare somehow incredibly hot through the camera lens, his legs spread wide as he slouched on the armchair. He was stunningly good looking. Mingyu smiled at the photo.

He might be an absolute prick but he's ing y. God, I hate that guy.

He clicked his phone locked and put it in his pocket. He made small talk with the stylist while the journalist interviewed Wonwoo. Mingyu make apologies for his short tempered boss and his refusal to tow the line with the outfit. She just shrugged. "Lots of idols are temperamental. He's not the worst I've ever seen." Mingyu begged to differ. He wondered if she could put up with him for 10 hours a day.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter