day twenty two / am

I hate that guy - meanie - mingyu x wonwoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So much had changed for Wonwoo. Mingyu was literally a ing angel. He had blown through Wonwoo's life like a beautiful smiling tornado, he was like the thunderstorm that broke the heatwave, the flooding rains that brought a drought to its knees.

After what he now mentally referred to as 'The Hoshi Incident' he had to rethink a lot of things. For years he had been using his personality as a shield. It kept people at bay.

Better to shut them out than let them in. People only hurt you.

But something deep inside told him that his was different. Mingyu would never hurt him. Would he? Could he?

Yes. He definitely could. Whether he would or not was up to the decisions made between himself and Wonwoo. Decisions that scared the out of Wonwoo. Decisions and choices that terrified him beyond belief. He had already made the decision to rescue Mingyu's favourite jacket. The poor kid must have been devastated when he stained it. But the fact that he just threw it away without a second thought scared the out of Wonwoo. Would his heart also be so disposable? Would Mingyu just walk away from him at the first sign of imperfection?

He had never felt less like himself than when he walked into that Sanrio shop and began browsing the shelves. Everything in there was like something out of a nightmare. Everything was pink and cute and fun. He wanted to close his eyes and run away from everything in there. But as he looked around at where he was and what he was doing a realisation swept through his body. He was whipped. He was willingly standing inside his own pink nightmare in the hopes of making Mingyu smile.

Finally he felt like he made the right choice. The figurine was small enough to be unobtrusive and cute enough to achieve its aim. It was precious enough to be meaningful without carrying the weighty connotations of a plushie. He took it to the counter and avoided the cashier's eye contact. As he handed over the money she finally caught his gaze. "Gift for your girlfriend?" She said brightly. "Yeah kinda." Wonwoo mumbled as he took his change. "It's cute. She's a lucky girl." The cashier smiled brightly at him as he walked out with his prize carted obviously in a little bright pink bag.

He went straight back to the company in the cover of darkness. He hurried through the empty corridors clutching tightly at his package. He almost made it. Just as he rounded the corner of the long corridor leading to his office he ran straight into Jihoon on his way home for the day. Jihoon's eyes went straight to the pink bag and a smirk formed on his face. "What are you? Santa Claus?" His smirk turned into a chuckle. "Shut up." Wonwoo frowned at Jihoon as he walked away from him. "He's a good guy Wonwoo." Jihoon called out to his retreating back. "Don't it up!" Jihoon chuckled to himself again as he entered the elevator.

Wonwoo slipped into the office. The cover of darkness was soothing and comforting. He opened his bottom desk drawer and retrieved the rescued jacket and put it on Mingyu's seat. He put the new Hello Kitty onto Mingyu's desk and hoped it would make him smile. Anything for one of those rich honey smiles. He went through Mingyu's desk and rescued all the items hidden in the shameful oblivion of the desk drawer. Wonwoo found a sticky note and hastily scrawled on it before he left.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter